Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm gonna pop some tags, only got .02 BTC in my pocket  (Read 760 times)
hottweelz (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:31:02 PM

Back when I first got into bitcoins, a few members here and I got into the discussion of involving bitcoins in the music industry... it never really took off.  (At least personally).

I bought a bagel, paid a cell phone bill, gave away some bitcoins on the air (radio) and sadly gambled the rest away on Seals...

So the question is this:

Currently, at my company, our "average" radio on air sales package costs about $2000 per month. 
We have smaller and we have bigger.   So we'll put the average at $2000 per month for a typical on-air package.

I would be more than willing to begin accepting bitcoins (as a majority of our client base are .coms, national companies, computer geeks, etc), but here in lies the issue:
Are BTC at the point where there is ANY stability? 

It would be quite a loss of investment to print out 1000 Ad-Rate Cards for clients, that say 2BTC as a price, only to have value plummet by half and we'd have to effectively raise our price to 4BTC.  (This would APPEAR to be horrible on paper)

I would imagine this is the same challenge a local deli would face selling a bagel, in say, Manhattan for .0002 btc.

Obviously this option would only be plausible to customers already very familiar with bitcoin, as they'd need about 2 of them to purchase one package, so it would be heavily labeled as "an option"

Can you name any current Radio Stations accepting BTC?  I haven't found any. 
Can you name any regular businesses accepting BTC currently (with the knowledge of how they control prices through marketing)?

And please... any ideas... I need 'em.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitWrit

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:01:00 AM

You could print a QR code on the ad rate card that leads to a floating BTC/USD price on your website in addition to printing the USD price on the card.

Most businesses that take bitcoin do so through an intermediary that handles the billing and USD to BTC conversion rate. Since most of these businesses are online only intermediaries usually provide a widget that shows prices in BTC using current market rates. Bitpay it a popular one but I'm not sure if they let you keep the BTC, I think they cash you out in USD daily.
jballs

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:48:25 AM

Bigger issue at the moment, anyone with 2btc who is paying attention is not going to spend them to buy ad spots this month believing they will be worth way more than that in a couple months.

I would not do that, doubt many people would at this point of the cycle.

Hyperdeflation.

But offering it is a good idea, the way the last guy explained.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
jballs

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:59:59 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 08:34:45 AM by jballs

Thanks in advance...

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
hottweelz (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:17:20 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 07:49:39 PM by hottweelz

I'm definitely going to research bitwrits idea.. .

As for the lack of use, I suppose that goes with any form of currency.  If they choose to continue using visa or amex then we are OK.

As far as cashing out daily via USD I think that's actually a positive.

Giving you both a "thanks"

**Edit, I've signed us up for bitpay, pending review/acceptance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: