Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin inequality  (Read 623 times)
Svettypoo (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:16:21 PM

I really like bitcoin as an idea, but I have a problem with the it's long term viability. If bitcoin were to be used as the main currency, and all goods were sold on a bitcoin market, wouldn't all the early adopters be USD trillionaires? It seems counter intuitive for people who contributed relatively little production or innovation to be trillionaires, considering that the founders of Google, Microsoft and Apple have made significantly less for their innovations.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:19:00 PM

I really like bitcoin as an idea, but I have a problem with the it's long term viability. If bitcoin were to be used as the main currency, and all goods were sold on a bitcoin market, wouldn't all the early adopters be USD trillionaires? It seems counter intuitive for people who contributed relatively little production or innovation to be trillionaires, considering that the founders of Google, Microsoft and Apple have made significantly less for their innovations.

I doubt, early adopters selling Bitcoins on the way up many years already  Smiley

yo
Svettypoo (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:22:35 PM

I doubt, early adopters selling Bitcoins on the way up many years already  Smiley

But a few individuals own >1% of all bitcoins. Nobody in the world owns 1% of all the money. And the people that own .001% of all the money were likely responsible for some serious innovations...
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:23:38 PM

Nobody in the world owns 1% of all the money.

Where did you get that information?
Svettypoo (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Nobody in the world owns 1% of all the money.

Where did you get that information?

The total money supply is around 55 trillion USD. Carlos Slim is worth approximately 74 billion, which is around .13% of the money supply... And he has runs several multinational corporations...
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:03:28 PM

I don't think that the guys that believed in bitcoin during the early days contributed relatively little. Especially those that bought bitcoins when it looked like a joke to say the least.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: