Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2019, 03:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My buddy is getting a divorce. Can the court seize half of his bitcoins?  (Read 14089 times)
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:03:20 AM

This idea is definantly a keeper, I mean, I hope I won't get divorced in my life buy may it happen I have a escape plan for all my money Tongue

You haven't read the messages in this thread, did you? Wink

In summary, if after the marriage has been irretrievably broken down you spend your money for things you didn't use to spend it for before it will be considered dissipation and you will owe 50% to your wife
I actually did, but the fact is that law's are not the same everywhere my friend Grin
You could always keep a sum secret for your family in the form of Bitcoins, so incase you lose your job or something you always have something to back up your needs Smiley

If you slowly stash cash or bitcoins and you do it very carefully, you should get away with it especially if you earn cash in your job
In order for this to potentially work you would need to be stashing cash for a long time as most people with any amount of money to be had in a divorce will generally have a lot of disposable income making their existing assets what a spouse would probably go after.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.