Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:52:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it complicated to get merits  (Read 901 times)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 07:37:33 AM

OP if everyone could get merits easily wouldn't it defeat the purpose?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:45:33 AM

OP if everyone could get merits easily wouldn't it defeat the purpose?

If everyone could get merits then it would break the wisdom of the merit system. Say for example every bitcointalk users are merit sources, then it is just like saying that there is no merit at all.

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:51:17 AM

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements?

Any consideration of increasing the quality of posting in the forum, so that we can find posts to award with merits?

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

Any consideration of increasing the quality of posting in the forum, so that we can find posts to award with merits?

Minimum level of received merits to start a thread outside of newbies is the next step

rileynicole17

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:25:24 PM

Well, merits is not that complicated to get, just have a good, quality and constructive post then you get merit. Merit system has a big influence in this forum, lowering the merits might disabled the use of it.
WCRchanaka

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:30:13 PM

Actually ranking up in the forum is not the main thing that you need to do. It is just an indicator for the experience in the forum and the knowledge you gain while you refer this forum. You should definitely get a lot of knowledge about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies if you refer the forum well. There are so much threads and topics to discuss and talk about the crypto and the market. and also mining and etc. If you truly refer those posts and stayed with the forum, you will definitely increasing up your knowledge. And also it is the way that you can rank up in the forum. If you have enough knowledge,you will post valuable stuff in this forum. And the rank will be increased according to the posts. So try to gain some knowledge here rather than just try to rank up without anything in your mind.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

Because just like trust merit is very hard to earn you have to do very constructive posts (see nullius posts) in order to get merit. if you want to get merits there are a lot of tips and trick to get merits just go search TMAN's tip in this section. if you ask me, i don't care about ranking up nor on merit system since i don't construct long sentences just make a point.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:10:41 PM

Because just like trust merit is very hard to earn you have to do very constructive posts (see nullius posts) in order to get merit. if you want to get merits there are a lot of tips and trick to get merits just go search TMAN's tip in this section. if you ask me, i don't care about ranking up nor on merit system since i don't construct long sentences just make a point.

sentences don't have to be long, actually if you do that unless you are nullius you are unlikely to get merits. The quality comes from content not length

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:42:37 PM

This is the best counter to OP's suggestion. People should really look into their quality before asking this kind of question and making threads all over meta. One way to know it is by submitting their posts to the review/giveaway services of high ranked members and see if they got merit or not.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:37:18 PM

Because just like trust merit is very hard to earn you have to do very constructive posts (see nullius posts) in order to get merit. if you want to get merits there are a lot of tips and trick to get merits just go search TMAN's tip in this section.

Instead of reading what other people have been saying or gossiping about merit and all dont you ever feel that you should work on your own and develop good skills of writing posts and engaging the general public to read your posts? That along with well written constructive posts on topic is what is needed for getting merit - of course at the proper exposure from merit sources.

sentences don't have to be long, actually if you do that unless you are nullius you are unlikely to get merits. The quality comes from content not length
Its a pity that some bottomfeeders think that writing large walls of text will fetch them merits. They dont realize that doing so causes retinal detachment in the reader and thus they have exactly zero chance of getting merited. Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:54:00 PM

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...etc
Honestly I find it really complicated jumping up a rank; the merit gap between ranks is really high. I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.
Getting merit is not difficult as what you're saying about. You can simply get merit if your post are good enough and contributing good to the forum but I saw your Latest Posts but most of them are on "bounties" which doesn't deserve any single merit.
Your count posts is at 1135 but didn't get any merit and has 182 activity with "10 Merits".
I just notice on every "bounty hunters" that they do not received any merit yet because most or commonly their posts are "crappy" as what you have mentioned.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

Quote from: ibininja

This wouldn't be possible as for the ranks are also being abused by some users. They're using their accounts just for earning in bounties, and within that case the number of spammers would definitely increase if we lowered the Merit Requirement of some RANKS.

Quote from: ibininja
or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?
JUST BE PATIENT. That's what I can only contribute for your question. Don't waste your time on finding any other ways because as you can see on zentdex's post the Merit Distribution as of now is decreasing as time goes by. And only our posts will always be the answer on our needs in Merits.
coinoutraged

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:25:51 PM

The thing is that to get merit you have to post really, really, really, really good comments that catches people. While before to rank up you could just post regular and in the flow of things. While the merit systems guarantees that spammer won't rank up, it almost guarantees that a regular, average user won't rank up either.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:37:38 PM

I want to correct your notion. Getting merit isn't complicated and why it might seem complicated to you is because everyone is on a quest for it. Assuming we all allowed the merit system to play out and not want to get it all then it could have been different. All you need do is make reasonable posts that contributes to the forum success and viola merits will come.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 06:59:14 PM

I've found lot of merit topic in this forum, perhaps now I am not considering and paying lot of attention for this merit as can be seen also in my profile without merit at all Grin. For me, just still to learn a lot and also reading. But perhaps for you with much longer than me in this forum, merit is now a problem because of getting it is not easy. Hmm I am thinking also someday to know how creating good/high quality post in this forum.

You need to improve your English posting skills. I would have skipped over your post, but I decided to read it, and use it as an example. It takes work to understand what you are trying to say, and most of us here are pretty busy, so we just skip posts that don't flow easily.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
coinoutraged

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:41:30 PM

I want to correct your notion. Getting merit isn't complicated and why it might seem complicated to you is because everyone is on a quest for it. Assuming we all allowed the merit system to play out and not want to get it all then it could have been different. All you need do is make reasonable posts that contributes to the forum success and viola merits will come.

I'm assuming you started with 100 merit, so that means since the system was implemented you have gotten 4. Yet look at how much you have posted since.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:24:47 PM
Merited by mdayonliner (1)

The thing is that to get merit you have to post really, really, really, really good comments that catches people. While before to rank up you could just post regular and in the flow of things. While the merit systems guarantees that spammer won't rank up, it almost guarantees that a regular, average user won't rank up either.
I am a "regular" "average" user in the forum. I am getting merited often for posting. I still need a huge number of merits to reach the next (and final) rank of the forum but do I look like I am complaining? Thing is that not everyone here has the ability to adapt to every new thing that the world throws at them.

If you feel that the merit system is favoring people and you are getting jealous of them for ranking up before you can (Hint: Rat Race??) then you can do the following :
1. Its time to up your game and learn better ways to post.
2. Stop visiting this forum and hope merit gets removed (Which will not happen)
3. The last but not the least - get a job and stop depending on the forum bounty earnings to get paid.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:40:22 PM

I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

So basically even if the limit would be lowered to 11 merits for the next rank you would still be unable to rank up.

and the OP would go like this:
Why the hell I can't get a single merit? This is too complicated and it is taking me this long trying to earn even a single one.  Roll Eyes

It's supposed to be tough. 

Tough, challenging and motivating.
Besides, it's fun seeing a lot of account getting red trusted and then they post their rant on meta section and their fault will be pointed out by the community.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:54:57 PM

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?

I don't think it needs to be lowered, it is already fair. When you are a Newbie>Jr.Member, you only need 10 to rank up to Member, since you come from "know nothing". Then you already a Member means you begin to understand what is going on in this forum. To become a Full Member you need 90 more merits, and if you have not earn those merits means you have not completely understand what is this forum about, so learn more. When you actually deserve those 90 merit you will eventually got it.

Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:16:43 PM

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?

I don't think it needs to be lowered, it is already fair. When you are a Newbie>Jr.Member, you only need 10 to rank up to Member, since you come from "know nothing". Then you already a Member means you begin to understand what is going on in this forum. To become a Full Member you need 90 more merits, and if you have not earn those merits means you have not completely understand what is this forum about, so learn more. When you actually deserve those 90 merit you will eventually got it.

Maybe it is an option in the future to lower Merits. Some accounts already had a rank here, when the Merit system starts, and they hadn't to do quality posts for reaching this rank. So there were some accounts who didn't deserve this. They had never done quality posts and the'll never do. So it'll be only a justice to lower the total merit amount of every account from time to time. Maybe 1 Merit per quarter. So shitposters will loose very soon their rank and get ranked down to the next lower rank.
Doing this we can have more justice between users registrated before the Merit System and users registered after the Merit System.

But I think it is to early to launch a decreasing of Merits, because there are still not enougt Merit Sources; the circulating sMerits are still decreasing. But if the circulating sMerits are getting to a higher value, we can have a look at a lowering of earned Merits.

Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: