Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: tax for a safer crypto environment  (Read 397 times)
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:49:46 AM

What if our government add tax whenever we transact fiat-crypto and vice versa, and the fund will be used for our protection(ICO,Scams,Phishings), for example the government will make a group or sector that focuses on crypto environtment. what do you think?
Imposing tax for crypto transactions would reduce our potential income from Bitcoin. However, if the purpose is to minimize scams then probably it would be better. Additional staffs are needed by the government to ensure that crypto investments and jobs are secured. Tax would be justifiable for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:50:52 AM

What if our government add tax whenever we transact fiat-crypto and vice versa, and the fund will be used for our protection(ICO,Scams,Phishings), for example the government will make a group or sector that focuses on crypto environtment. what do you think?

Not really. Crypto doesn't need government intervention and that's the beauty of it. Sure, there are scams and all that and with the irreversibility of bitcoin it makes it an easy target for scammers, but honestly if you just do your research beforehand and do your due diligence, you won't get scammed. Plus, how will taxing crypto exactly help with the issue for scammers? Makes no sense.

Obviously you should comply with whatever tax laws is in place with your country, though.

But it doesn't mean that what you pay in tax is necessarily going to benefit crypto, it just doesn't work like that. Governments could tax crypto, and at the same time restrict access to crypto businesses by having draconian rules on KYC and stuff like that. You don't really need that much funding to have the sufficient regulations needed for exchanges to operate, anyways.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:03:16 AM

I think it will be great if the government can build some community to prevent us from falling into scam project, at least the investors will directly feel the benefit of the tax and it could attract more investors to join crypto, when people feel safe then they will interested in investing this could make the crypto grow bigger, I agree with this kind of tax
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

As far as I know, there are taxes included already on exchange platform we are using, thus applying another one is to much. But I feel like our government is also doing something since bitcoin had been making noise since then. Government will not let themselves not benefited from this new found technology, they will definitely make a move about this.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

I think this should actually happen. Here in my country they tax you for buying or selling stocks it is a very minimal amount but i believe this is where our securities and exchange commision funds come from. It protects stock investors/traders from some irregulation in the stock market. Definetely this type of law can be applied as well in the crypto market.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:50:24 AM

Not a good idea,it won't save any investors from scams ot will just help the politicians to increase their wealth more.Already we all are paying taxes to the governments but most of the governments not doing anything for the country people with those revenue.
But the real meaning of decentralization means we habe to adopt to the new system if we keep using bitcoin for money making then it will become useless at some point.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:57:14 AM

I think it will depend on who and how they run the government. Like in our country, in almost all of transactions we pay tax. And who are the ones more benefited with these taxes?
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:24:26 PM

I think there are organization like that are already running and keep tracking of your transactions, you just don't know but they are keeping the record maybe for future use. Hope it will not be used against us, you know people from the government do certain jobs under the hood, yet you don't know what is happening and first thing in the morning you are now at jail.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:48:00 PM

If that law implemented  by the world government and make a sector to protect us in scam and fishing ICO,and in return the government add tax  whenever we transact a crypto exchange,i thinks i'll be  aggreeable that  kind of government law,as long as they are true to there purpose to  protect us,in those scam ICO or phishing project  and not only doing like as crab mentality,active in first but in the end they will left us.

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:49:20 PM

It is a good idea though I don't like if crypto is taken and controlled by the government, it just against the concept of the decentralized.

As far as I know, there are taxes included already on exchange platform we are using, thus applying another one is to much. But I feel like our government is also doing something since bitcoin had been making noise since then. Government will not let themselves not benefited from this new found technology, they will definitely make a move about this.
Yes you are right, if you used centralized exchange and the exchange has been regulated by the government then your it's already taxed, our transaction in crypto it can be taxed if it is traded for cash or other cryptocurrency or whenever cryptocurrency is used to purchase something. However, as long as you use decentralized exchange then it can't be taxed.
Qungis

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:51:46 PM

If you earn, then you won't have a problem paying taxes on your income. Most importantly, learn to earn.
Javeron

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:55:33 PM

It would be a lot more safer.  Spams and phishings will be gone so that it means having a more comfortable experience and a more ensured business.  Spams and Phishings costs a lot more moneyband specially produces more stress than government Taxes.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

It's a horrible idea.  Government is the problem, not the solution to problems.
The true purpose of cryptocurrencies is libertarianism and disintermediation.  Big centralized government is the opposite of this.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:20:01 PM

The true purpose of cryptocurrencies is libertarianism and disintermediation.  Big centralized government is the opposite of this.

It's not necessarily against crypto, where on the other hand, it's even impossible for governments to stay out with how crypto is growing larger and larger.

I am all in favor of more decentralization, but we can't force anyone to join in on that when they don't mind using centralized environments and have the government 'watch' every possible activity in this market. Important to understand is that we have the option to use something that isn't subject to regulations if we don't want to, and that's what we should be focusing on; what others are doing is none of our business.

Another important factor is that with how the market is maturing more and more, the investors entering the market are likely institutions, hedge funds, wealthy traditional investors, etc. These entities have all been part of the traditional market under the supervision of their government and regulators, and thus they fall outside the decentralized boat; governments and regulators for them offer security and stability. We'll be dealing with a different group of investors in the forthcoming years.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:29:22 PM

Possible but the essence of decentralization would completely be changed if government would really implement those things but well we do all know that we can still evade tax and make out cashout without their notice or awareness.If we do make use exchangers which do comply on government rules then we don't have any choice and if those tax would meant to be used on the things you had mentioned.I don't still have the trust that they would really emphasize on making a crypto environment.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:37:18 PM

It's good if the government really want to help and give protection the crypto community. It will be best if they will assign crypto experts who really understand it well. And if it will happen hoping scammers will be gone  too.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:40:58 PM

Bad idea, there are fees implemented by exchanges and i believe that it is already taxed which exchangers are passing it on consumers that is why we have a high cost of fees when we convert or exchange it to fiats or other crypto. Govts has nothing to do with it, and now you are suggesting that govt should impose tax on transacting? Bad idea. Imagine how much fees we have to pay, it is doubled tax cost.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:49:51 PM

I like the idea of focusing on crypto environment, but I do not think that the government should implement it. The crypto currency was created with the aim of eliminating intermediaries and transferring powers directly to the participants of the crypto community. I believe that all functions should be performed by them. It will not be easy and quick, but we can implement technologies that will make each member of the crypto-currency world responsible for the crypto-environment.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:09:17 PM

This could be a very nice idea actually. But sad to say few countries who have implement cryptocurrency to be accepted by the government as a second national currency in there country. In other words it takes a long way to process due to different function between the real economic vs. digital economic system world wide.
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:43:56 PM

I do not think that putting tax is neccessary in cryptocurrency and I think that you do not know any about the blockchain technology. I prefer you to read it before thinking such ideas. Blockchain technology is currently the safest and advanced security program that makes cryptocurrency immune to such ideas but not human error.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: