Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp International Wire delays??  (Read 2062 times)
cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

...And yes I did search the forum first. Either my answer is buried deep in the search results or I suck at running a search.

I'm relatively new to bitstamp and last week around Thanksgiving I initiated my first withdrawal attempt via International Wire.

A day or 2 after that, I initiated a withdrawal at Coinbase.

The Coinbase funds are in my bank account today... but still waiting for Bitstamp

I always thought wire transfers were relatively quick... but as far as I know Bitstamp has good reputation so I shouldn't have much to worry about.

Is it common to wait this long for funds to appear from a Bitstamp wire transfer to US bank account?

Tried to contact Bitstamp support as well but never hear back.  Probably have more support tickets than they can handle these days..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:29:00 PM

Found this post from August:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276507.0

Kind of gives me an idea what to expect.

I guess the delay isn't too uncommon... especially with the holidays.

I'll update when funds are in the bank.
n-gage

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:45:37 PM

Here's my story:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355596.0

Almost 3 weeks passed and NO wire no clear explanation from Bitstamp. BEWARE!
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:23:32 PM

buah .. more and more topics abt bitstamp ...  Sad
murdock619

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:23:34 PM

I did a wire deposit... no funds so far. If you look at their fb page you'll see more of the same. According to their last post on their site they have 15 employees...Are you kidding me? The probably make millions and they only have 15 employees ...
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:36:36 PM

I also did a wire withdrawal to my US bank account last week and I still haven't received anything account even though the bitstamp site says "Finished" as the status of the withdrawal.

Seems like localbitcoins is still the fastest way to convert btc into fiat...

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
CoinPay

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:31:51 PM

Have any of you had your issues resolved? just wondering if they are slowly getting through the backlog?
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:46:11 AM

Looks fine to me.

5 digit sum withdrawal via SEPA, requested and waiting to be processed on Monday, status changed to "Finished" on Tuesday afternoon, is showing in my account on Thursday morning.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:16:20 PM

Has anyone ever had to submit for additional KYC verification on Bitstamp?  Asked for a wire withdrawal about a month ago, and another last week and just got this from support:

Dear XXX,

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answering the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins?
4. When and how did you obtain your Bitcoins?
5. What is the reason for your activity - depositing BTC, selling, withdrawing?
6. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
7. Do you plan more of such withdrawals in the future? If yes, how many and why?
8. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
9. How do you plan to use your withdrawn funds?

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

Best regards,
XXXX

Not a problem for me, but just wanted to know if this was something new or not.
pof

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:25:29 PM

Subject: Bitstamp status update

Dear Bitstamp clients,

Bitcoin`s staggering grows continues!

Unfortunately, to our mutual displeasure, this growth and other issues have caused problems for some of our customers. These issues include recent problems with our banking software which caused a large backlog of transfers which in turn increased the manual checking that was required by support agents. Additional networking issues also magnified the work required. Altogether our need for additional support agents and hardware has increased dramatically.

Bitstamp works hard to provide the excellent service and in response to these problems, we have upgraded our hardware infrastructure and hired four new support agents. This brings our total employee count to fifteen.

Further, in anticipation of Bitcoin`s continued growth, Bitstamp is hiring more staff members and further improving our hardware infrastructure.

Thank you for your understanding and loyalty.

Best regards,
The Bitstamp team

25/11/2013
From this facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/Bitstamp/posts/475449185905686

EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:36:54 PM

Has anyone ever had to submit for additional KYC verification on Bitstamp?  Asked for a wire withdrawal about a month ago, and another last week and just got this from support:

Dear XXX,

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answering the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins?
4. When and how did you obtain your Bitcoins?
5. What is the reason for your activity - depositing BTC, selling, withdrawing?
6. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
7. Do you plan more of such withdrawals in the future? If yes, how many and why?
8. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
9. How do you plan to use your withdrawn funds?

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

Best regards,
XXXX

Not a problem for me, but just wanted to know if this was something new or not.

Never received anything like that, and in fairness some of those questions' answers are really none of their business and also not part of KYC standard questions' anyway. You sure it's really coming from Stamp? If it is, then it would be interesting to know what "volume and frequency" triggers this extra request for information.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:40:05 PM

Never received anything like that, and in fairness some of those questions' answers are really none of their business and also not part of KYC standard questions' anyway. You sure it's really coming from Stamp? If it is, then it would be interesting to know what "volume and frequency" triggers this extra request for information.

Yeah, I'm sure it's coming from them (showed up in the support area on my account page).  Both wires were for 5 figure amounts, so I'm guessing that's what triggered it. 
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:31:42 PM

I also did a wire withdrawal to my US bank account last week and I still haven't received anything account even though the bitstamp site says "Finished" as the status of the withdrawal.

Seems like localbitcoins is still the fastest way to convert btc into fiat...

I received my wire in my U.S. bank account today.
4-5 business days is not bad for an international wire, so it seems fine to me now.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀