Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Hitbtc a scam?  (Read 481 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:49:05 PM

Hey All,

I have some btc stuck on hitbtc there is no email coming so I can withdraw my coins is hitbtc a scam I've read a few bad things about them on here. What do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:51:40 PM

Hey All,

I have some btc stuck on hitbtc there is no email coming so I can withdraw my coins is hitbtc a scam I've read a few bad things about them on here. What do you guys think?
It has it's faults but it's not a scam. Check your email again. Make sure you have the right email and check again if you were able to confirm the withdrawal.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:01:41 PM

Hey All,

It has it's faults but it's not a scam. Check your email again. Make sure you have the right email and check again if you were able to confirm the withdrawal.
yesterday I just did withdraw and run smoothly. well, i think there is a mistake you did, try checking back what you did, because i just did withdraw bitcoin. well, I hope your problem is quickly finished. hitbtc is one of my favorite exchnagers.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:01:58 PM

Hey All,

Yea I withdrew from there multiple currencies last week but I got emails, now I get nothing I checked my spam folder of course (first thing I did)
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

Its not stucked.  Actually they have a new trading policy that requires their trader to have atleast 0.01 btc before making any positions.
If you want to save your BTC,  then fund it again. Make sure it is divisible by 0.01 so you can withdraw it if you are in doubt of hitbtc.

Quote from: adamantasaurus link=topic=3560858.msg36394882#msg36394882 date=152553534m5
Hey All,

mycryptofever

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:13:04 PM

I made an account  on HITBTC and used it for few times. I was not happy with their service , they charge so much for token transfer so I was out.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:14:30 PM

Its not stucked.  Actually they have a new trading policy that requires their trader to have atleast 0.01 btc before making any positions.
If you want to save your BTC,  then fund it again. Make sure it is divisible by 0.01 so you can withdraw it if you are in doubt of hitbtc.

Quote from: adamantasaurus link=topic=3560858.msg36394882#msg36394882 date=152553534m5
Hey All,

yea it's more than .01 btc
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:15:33 PM

One of the crypto exchange that I like to trade is HitBTC. So far transactions have been smooth for me. Maybe it was just a technical error but I think definitely not a scam.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
massinedz

Activity: 78
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:19:36 PM
Merited by LeoN147 (1)

No i do not think so mate, im using it and its very okay. try to check again or open ticket. im sure they will fix it
good luck
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:31:44 PM

You gotta check it again. I think there is some other problem, because it is working well. Maybe you have made some mistake and that  is why  you are not able to transact from Hitbtc. Otherwise  it  is perfectly fine. And what are those bad things that you've heard about them. Any references please!? I think all of them must be rumors most probably, spread without any base.

P.S.: Don't believe any  stupid rumors and try it once more!
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:22:45 PM

You gotta check it again. I think there is some other problem, because it is working well. Maybe you have made some mistake and that  is why  you are not able to transact from Hitbtc. Otherwise  it  is perfectly fine. And what are those bad things that you've heard about them. Any references please!? I think all of them must be rumors most probably, spread without any base.

Ok thanks, yea I'm 1000% sure I did it right just not receiving any email. I know it happens from time to time with other exchanges but usually after some time I get an email. so idk what is happening....

And I saw this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217068.100
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:26:14 PM

Hey All,

Hitbtc is a good platform of exchange, they have a good reputation and nice trading.
they are not scam, sometimes the mistake are in users side.
make sure you have it all correct. double check everything.
sometimes BTC got stuck not just in hit but anywhere.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:15:04 PM

Other than glitch on their minimum amount that can be traded there is nothing wrong on my side. If email is not being delivered than it might be problem with your email provider. Always use Gmail or yahoo like well known email provider and font forget to check junk/spam folder.

However hitbtc is not the best place to trade. I prefer binance over all other altcoin trading platform.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:28:53 PM

Noticed that people have complaints about all exchanges.. Even the strongest ones get accused of scamming.

Relax, if they were scammers, they probably wouldn't be existing for so long. It's probably something on their side, a minor inconvenience maybe. Maybe it's maintenance?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:42:37 AM

However hitbtc is not the best place to trade. I prefer binance over all other altcoin trading platform.
Binance is the absolute king when it comes to altcoin exchanges, but the thing that keeps people steering to exchanges as Hitbtc, is that they are more likely to list rubbish coins.

Binance has become stricter when it comes to listing certain coins, while Hitbtc and Yobit keep adding rubbish coins like they don't even bother to perform a basic check. It's only the potential fee income they care about.

The only way to get rid of these exchanges is to stop using them, but that's not very likely with how they manage to attract thousands of new users every month due to the stricter policies of the other exchanges.

It's an unstoppable process unfortunately.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Other than glitch on their minimum amount that can be traded there is nothing wrong on my side. If email is not being delivered than it might be problem with your email provider. Always use Gmail or yahoo like well known email provider and font forget to check junk/spam folder.

Yea idk what it happening a few days ago I withdrew about 5 different coins from there and every time I used it I always got the email fine so I don't think it's my email provider it has to be on there end. Because I only encountered this problem today no other time when I used the exchange (I've deposited and withdrew maybe 5 times from the exchange and everytime got an email)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:09:57 AM

Hey All,

If it's just a verification email not being sent, then it's probably their email service provider being down or something like that. Most likely a fault in their system, and not actually them intentionally trying to scam you. But obviously it makes their services pretty unreliable to say the least.

Even though that I would definitely avoid HitBTC when I can, I wouldn't go as far as calling them a scam.

They are extremely shady though in the past, and they ask for tons of unnecessary info on your deposits like fund origin, ID docs, utility bills. Plus, their support is unreliable. All in all, I wouldn't use them even if they are not considered to be a scam.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

Hey All,

If it's just a verification email not being sent, then it's probably their email service provider being down or something like that. Most likely a fault in their system, and not actually them intentionally trying to scam you. But obviously it makes their services pretty unreliable to say the least.

Even though that I would definitely avoid HitBTC when I can, I wouldn't go as far as calling them a scam.

They are extremely shady though in the past, and they ask for tons of unnecessary info on your deposits like fund origin, ID docs, utility bills. Plus, their support is unreliable. All in all, I wouldn't use them even if they are not considered to be a scam.

Yea after this experience I'm not going to use them again they have not been very helpful and it's annoying having a bunch of my money stuck on their site....
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:57:51 PM

This is a fake news. Check email address. Many times, sending such emails from fake emails. Do not allow to less than 0.01 for withdrew. The mail may come in that case.

Ok thanks, yea I'm 1000% sure I did it right just not receiving any email. I know it happens from time to time with other exchanges but usually after some time I get an email. so idk what is happening....

This time, their site was updated, the problem arose. Do not fear HitBTC is a trusted exchange.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:07:46 PM

This is a fake news. Check email address. Many times, sending such emails from fake emails. Do not allow to less than 0.01 for withdrew. The mail may come in that case.

This time, their site was updated, the problem arose. Do not fear HitBTC is a trusted exchange.

Yes it was .09 btc not the issue I've checked it 20 times believe me it is not on my end it is on their end I withdrew from their site about 5 or 6 times they are unresponsive for the support tickets I opened and I have my btc stuck on their site for almost a whole week now. This is not good business on their part, horrible customer service and unreliable site.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: