Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxes and regulations  (Read 2147 times)
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:37:22 PM

If there is a state who accept crypto not just a means of payment but, also considering this as property meaning to say it should taxed and have central authority by the government. Once it has good results,  I think it is a great influence by anybody states to adopt crypto as well, particularly in bitcoin.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:50:33 AM

I think that you can not take cryptocurrency as "property". This is extremely not reasonable. Cryptocurrencies are digital currency, money, and imposing a tax on money is accordingly silly.

As of now, governments consider cryptocurrency as "digital assets" that being used in investment. These digital assets are like gold where prices fluctuates based on speculations. These digital coins can be classified as property. Though we know that this is not the real purpose of the coins. The question is when can we consider these coins as currency? As soon as the application of the blockchain go mainstream.

Perhaps coin can consider as currency when mass adoption happen or when all merchant accept coin as payment. In my country, cryptocurrency traded as commodity and perhaps its classified as property.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:01:52 AM

If there is a state who accept crypto not just a means of payment but, also considering this as property meaning to say it should taxed and have central authority by the government. Once it has good results,  I think it is a great influence by anybody states to adopt crypto as well, particularly in bitcoin.
indeed I feel crypto in my country can be said as a property, where each of us transactions will be taxed, even though the amount is different to determine the amount of the tax
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:25:56 AM

I think that you can not take cryptocurrency as "property". This is extremely not reasonable. Cryptocurrencies are digital currency, money, and imposing a tax on money is accordingly silly.

As of now, governments consider cryptocurrency as "digital assets" that being used in investment. These digital assets are like gold where prices fluctuates based on speculations. These digital coins can be classified as property. Though we know that this is not the real purpose of the coins. The question is when can we consider these coins as currency? As soon as the application of the blockchain go mainstream.

Perhaps coin can consider as currency when mass adoption happen or when all merchant accept coin as payment. In my country, cryptocurrency traded as commodity and perhaps its classified as property.

what are you complaining about guys ? crypto is already considered as a currency but many people use it differently , they use thier cryptos for investment  or for trading because they can see a profit from it .  about the regulation thing ,  crypto cant be regulated because crypto is not regulated and not hold by banks  .
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:47:12 AM

Actually without even mentioning crypto as a currency, you can still use crypto as a currency right? the government can say it is a digital asset, but the most important thing is legalization right? so you can use bitcoin to pay for anything without fear of a ban
Pepe Lapiu

Activity: 80
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:32:23 AM

Governments always want to define, categorize, and catalogue the crap out of everything so that they can tax/control/permit/regulate/standardize the f*ck out of it.

So yeah, they will try all sorts of things to pigeon hole Bitcoin so they can decide how to tax/regulate/control the hell out of it.

Go ahead and try to tax it, you worthless pasty face politicians. You are only going to drive us to work harder at anonimizing Bitcoin even more.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:21:37 AM

indeed I feel crypto in my country can be said as a property, where each of us transactions will be taxed, even though the amount is different to determine the amount of the tax

I don't know if that will be a good thing.

We all know that because of the anonymity, even though Bitcoin is not fully anonymous, we can enjoy the financial freedom that I know a lot of people wishes in the past when cryptocurrencies are still not a thing. Also, if the governments will be looking at cryptocurrencies as a property, it means that owning some of them will be taxed by the government and I don't think that will be a good thing for most of the people that have their share of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:16:48 AM

But no central authority for crypto currency particularly for bitcoin so how it can be regulated by countries.We don't have to pay any taxes for using crypto currencies separately because we already paying taxes for the thing we are buying and we will pay taxes for our income so asking for taxes still is like extra tax for using our money.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:29:18 AM

Actually without even mentioning crypto as a currency, you can still use crypto as a currency right? the government can say it is a digital asset, but the most important thing is legalization right? so you can use bitcoin to pay for anything without fear of a ban
if cryptocurrency said as currency by government it will make new surprise for us.investors will feel glad with this announcement, but i think i would not happen in near future.they prefer consider it as digital aset.
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 209

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:05:29 AM

LOl it depends on what government are you talking because each of them have own views and treatment to cryptocurrency.there are some whos just like what you've said as digital assets and there are some who treated this as a currency and one of the best example is Japan in which they are using bitcoin as Fiat in electronic form

BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 09:13:44 AM

in my opinion the taxes and regulations for cryptocurrency are not very important and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin will never be able to give taxes to the government and will not be subject to regulation from any country. bitcoin is the safest solution for transactions and anonymous.
Bitcoin is anonymous but now, exchanges are becoming more concerned with KYC. This is for verification purposes but one on a more serious note, don't you think the data collected can be used for security purposes as well. If exchanges are taxed, then every crypto user is being taxed in an indirect way.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:44:12 PM

I think the government does not need to set a tax on crypto ownership because we have reported income tax every month and crypto is also included in the income tax. What else does the government impose crypto ownership tax? I think the government just wants to blackmail us if they apply the regulation.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:10:40 PM

Regulation should come before Taxes, government must have a value to add before collecting tax, for there to be an increase in the adoption rate of BTC, Altcoin and  Cryptocurrency platform goverment involvement must be seen by all as a means of increasing trust rate on CRYPTO platoform.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: