Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] WATCH OUT FOR MASTERNODE SCAMS THAT WILL STEAL YOUR COINS  (Read 153 times)
FrankWatsonJr (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:58:34 PM

There are users who are reporting that coins have been stolen from their wallets because they gave someone access to their SERVER and REMOTE access to the WALLET. The problem here starts where the person can easily withdraw your coins through the server or wallet.

How do you prevent this? It is simple. NEVER ALLOW anyone access to your server or masternode wallet.

Author Magvie wrote: "Learnings from being scammed for 70,000 USD"
https://steemit.com/zcoin/@magvie/learnings-from-being-scammed-for-70-000-usd

If you are seeking help to get your masternode up and running, you do not need to give the person any access.

Check out a helpful services like www.setupmasternodes.com
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

No access is needed for this service, and you get full one-on-one support for a small one-time fee.  Alternatively, people can use the telegram, discord, forum chats on the altcoins they want to run masternodes for usually without a cost. You have two options.

We just want to put this announcement out before things get worse and more scams happen.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chenhaonan

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:02:34 PM

Masternode has now become one of the most common scam methods. Many masternode coins promise to give you attractive rewards. When you buy, maybe their team disappear, maybe your coins can't find any exchange trades, maybe the price plummets.

FrankWatsonJr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:26:21 PM

Masternode has now become one of the most common scam methods. Many masternode coins promise to give you attractive rewards. When you buy, maybe their team disappear, maybe your coins can't find any exchange trades, maybe the price plummets.

Well, it isn't necessarily about the scam methods of the coins launching. It is mostly that people are scamming others by pretending to be a "DEV" or "TRUSTED" Community Member, then they will gain access to the SERVER and WITHDRAW coins.  This is the heart of the problem
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:30:19 PM

I see you are advertising your website here saying : since you guys don't know how to - let us help. Which could be okay I guess if somebody is really new and he/she don't know what is he/she doing but want to start ASAP. But you might want to start the thread on announcement in service section or something just to grab people who try your service to leave the review or something.
pochinkin_77

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

There are users who are reporting that coins have been stolen from their wallets because they gave someone access to their SERVER and REMOTE access to the WALLET. The problem here starts where the person can easily withdraw your coins through the server or wallet.

How do you prevent this? It is simple. NEVER ALLOW anyone access to your server or masternode wallet.

If you are seeking help to get your masternode up and running, you do not need to give the person any access.

No access is needed for this service, and you get full one-on-one support for a small one-time fee.  Alternatively, people can use the telegram, discord, forum chats on the altcoins they want to run masternodes for usually without a cost. You have two options.

We just want to put this announcement out before things get worse and more scams happen.
Terrible news! Poor people! My friends sometimes tease me I am too careful, but, really, I will better stay this way!
FrankWatsonJr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:40:18 PM

That is what I am saying. It is sad to see people get taken advantage of in crypto currency.

This is why our team is fighting to bring awareness to these challenges and problems that exist. It is becoming more surreal since some people have bad intentions for the wrong reasons.

Terrible news! Poor people! My friends sometimes tease me I am too careful, but, really, I will better stay this way!
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:05:50 AM

Really in the community there are people who do not know that you can download software only from official websites
adamgilbert912

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:39:24 AM

People need to hear about this!

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: