Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help for mining equipment.  (Read 748 times)
doken1313 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

Hello to all. I am mining bitcoins for a year now using the classic method with ati cards etc. Unfortunately because of my work and studies I have no time at all to follow the developments about bitcoin mining and I'd appreciate if some of you experts here would give me your opinion about what mining equipment should I buy. I have about 400$ to spend and my latest news was about butterfly labs and their asic miners but I remember that if you made a preorder they were shipping the product in a year later or so.
So are they reliable? Are the miners are ready to ship now? I am thinking of their 10 GH/s Bitcoin Miner, is this a good choice? Does it worth to invest that kind of money in bitcoins? Is it easy to use? Sorry for many questions but I think that lot newbies like me have them also, so this thread will help a lot people.
Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:46:03 PM

Hello to all. I am mining bitcoins for a year now using the classic method with ati cards etc. Unfortunately because of my work and studies I have no time at all to follow the developments about bitcoin mining and I'd appreciate if some of you experts here would give me your opinion about what mining equipment should I buy. I have about 400$ to spend and my latest news was about butterfly labs and their asic miners but I remember that if you made a preorder they were shipping the product in a year later or so.
So are they reliable? Are the miners are ready to ship now? I am thinking of their 10 GH/s Bitcoin Miner, is this a good choice? Does it worth to invest that kind of money in bitcoins? Is it easy to use? Sorry for many questions but I think that lot newbies like me have them also, so this thread will help a lot people.
Thanks in advance.
I think they may have caught up on orders but their $/gh/s is crap, also the way they treat their customers is horrible don't expect much / good customer service if you have a problem.

You can probably convert your $400 to BTC and buy the bitmain u1's from a GB and get more gh/s for the same dollar value.
doken1313 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:53:04 PM

Thanks in advance.
I think they may have caught up on orders but their $/gh/s is crap, also the way they treat their customers is horrible don't expect much / good customer service if you have a problem.

You can probably convert your $400 to BTC and buy the bitmain u1's from a GB and get more gh/s for the same dollar value.

Can you explain more about "the bitmain u1's from a GB and get more gh/s". I am trying to google it bad I get only a bad gateway result and some non-sense results. Thanks for your respond.
leancuisine

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:43:46 PM

Thanks in advance.

Can you explain more about "the bitmain u1's from a GB and get more gh/s". I am trying to google it bad I get only a bad gateway result and some non-sense results. Thanks for your respond.
You could buy a Bitmain U1 USB miner from a Group Buy.

Example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=382494.0

1.6 GH/S for around BTC0.08 I believe, depends on the seller. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: