Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Horrors of Credit Card Processing  (Read 2770 times)
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

It's common knowledge to anyone it applies to (merchants)

My point is (like others have written in this thread already) that those charges are passed on to consumers, who _don't know_ that they're paying for it and would in effect see lower prices on goods if the world moved to a Bitcoin transaction system.

I've used that argument with success when explaining "Why Bitcoin?". Actual savings do entice interest.

(I'm from a country where paying with cash is frowned upon and you're recommended to use credit/debit cards. They're touted as being the cheaper option due to less "hassle" with cash)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:47:23 AM

Credit cards are the biggest fraud of the century.

Here's just one of many examples:

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

LOL, he's really dedicated with that. But he hasn't tried this one that I've done on numerous occasions: sign for something using a LADIES only card. Not sure if these things exists in the States but here we have some cards that are exclusive for women and clearly designed/marked so with special discounts/offers only valid for women.

So far nobody has batted an eye when I take one out, obtained with permission from my lady of course who tries not to grin too hard, and sign for whatever using similarly fraudulent names. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: