Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The hindsight was killing me, until I decided to get into coins.  (Read 737 times)
shamash (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:29:22 PM

I remember when coins were 10-30$, and had considered buying a lot.  I never got into it though, because there were just too many steps.  Every time bitcoin reached a new high, I regretted it a bit, but thought "It'll just go down." and made myself not worry about it.

I finally decided to get into coins and hopefully invest in some promising altcoins.  However, the issue that prevented me from getting into BTC in the first place is killing me.  Getting any sort of coin is just a pain!  Coinbase is making me wait 4 days to get my coins, although the money already seems to be taken out of my bank account.  It would really help if there was a secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC or other altcoins.

I had to make a post to get started on these forums, so I figure I may as well rant about the thing that annoys me the most about BTC Tongue  Also, the constant regret of not buying them when they were so cheap.  Oh well!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
readerbtc

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:31:42 PM

Welcome!
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:34:26 PM

It would really help if there was a secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC

I agree, but it also means Bitcoin has much higher potential if there will be way for secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

It would really help if there was a secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC
Bitcoin exists exactly because there is not a secure, fast and easy way to buy things and transfer money.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:57:21 PM

It would really help if there was a secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC or other altcoins.

Depending on where you live:

localbitcoins.com
John Law

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:05:20 PM

hindsight is a wonderful thing
Capn_Crypto

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:14:01 PM

Couldn't agree more OP

Just dumped my first investment into bitcoin through localbitcoins and I'm now the proud owner of 560 shiny new StableCoins

Bitcoin and Litecoin have proven that cryptocurrency is a viable option and the real money is yet to be gained by the new wave of adoptors like us

Good luck!
JohnyCrypt

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:17:50 PM

I remember when coins were 10-30$, and had considered buying a lot.  I never got into it though, because there were just too many steps.
I hear that. I had heard about it for a while and thought it was just another payment system... dumb dumb dumb.

Anyways, welcome!
holdypeep

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

Each mBTC is only 1 USD. Isn't that cheap?! Maybe they will be over $10 in the near future Smiley If you ask me, altcoins are more risky bet because they don't have the ecosystem that bitcoin does. It would be safer just to buy some mBTC.
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:33:12 PM

I remember when coins were 10-30$, and had considered buying a lot.  I never got into it though, because there were just too many steps.  Every time bitcoin reached a new high, I regretted it a bit, but thought "It'll just go down." and made myself not worry about it.

I finally decided to get into coins and hopefully invest in some promising altcoins.  However, the issue that prevented me from getting into BTC in the first place is killing me.  Getting any sort of coin is just a pain!  Coinbase is making me wait 4 days to get my coins, although the money already seems to be taken out of my bank account.  It would really help if there was a secure, fast, and easy way to buy BTC or other altcoins.

I had to make a post to get started on these forums, so I figure I may as well rant about the thing that annoys me the most about BTC Tongue  Also, the constant regret of not buying them when they were so cheap.  Oh well!

Well, hello Cheesy I'm in the same boat as I'm sure many people are right now. Would be interesting to see in the future if BTC actually become a valuable currency, and what I mean is business begin to adopt it as an alternative currency. The reason why most businesses refuse to accept BTC is just pure logic, why would anyone except a currency which fluctuates so rapidly in value? I think of BTC as more of a novelty thing right now, because one coin is so valuable, but other then trading, there is no real security for it as a currency. I think the future will prove different, and something will eventually come of it as we begin getting further into a Digital Age, where currency like BTC will be considered just as valued as other currency, but that's very very very far into the future.  
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Hey there, I can certainly help you out with getting btc. I have a some for sale and believe we can work out a payment method and rate that is extremely fair. Also, I can get you a great turnaround time. Feel free to start small if you would like. PM or send me an email at kbridge@cryptocap.com to talk further.

Look forward to it.
xcode

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:22 PM

Indeed, and welcome.
Davewil82

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:12:25 PM

The potential is obviously huge for a number of cryptos. I've been lurking here since buying my first 2.5BTC between the 6th and 10th Nov. The rise since then has been nuts. I definitely feel like I leaped onto a boat that was already leaving port. Going to take a look at some alts now too, though will start off looking for giveaways until I feel like I can navigate the market a little more competently.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

Actually mining scrypt based coins now with AMD cards give out crazy ROI according to some online calculators, check it out before the train leaves the station again Cheesy
willpower101

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

Actually mining scrypt based coins now with AMD cards give out crazy ROI according to some online calculators, check it out before the train leaves the station again Cheesy

Which calculators are the best to figure this out?
Is it better to hold onto scrypt coins for a while as the price rises to an equalibrium dictated by BTC (as in the case of LTC right now) or is it better to go ahead and convert them to BTC as you mine them?
Ghaleon16

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:31:01 PM

see those https://keychests.com/market.php?type=2  ?

They payout in btc and I made a few btc already selling my old one page shop kart and old chemistry papers.

we need more ways to EARN btc. greedy geeks hoarding is gonna kill the economy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: