Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Bitcoin  (Read 644 times)
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:38:33 AM

If your bitcoin was stolen then I am sorry to tell you that there is no way to actually get your bitcoin back because that is gone and it is gone forever. The same technology that was made to protect you is what keeps you from ever getting back stolen bitcoins so it works both ways. Do not pay anybody upfront to get back your bitcoins because they cannot get it back and you will just end up getting scammed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:42:14 AM

One of the main features of Bitcoin is that each holder of a crypto currency is responsible for its own finances. Nobody can dictate the owner of the bitcoins, where to spend money or who to send them to. There is no censorship, only full financial freedom. However, you have to pay for everything. If you lose your bitcoins by sending them to someone by mistake or if they are stolen, you will not be able to return them - the funds will be lost forever.
That's why Bitcoin has turned into a haven of various scammers. Cybercriminals are becoming more sophisticated and find more and more ways and solutions that allow you to steal honestly earned bitcoins right under your nose. Those who have been using crypto-currencies for more than a year now, as a rule, rarely become victims of fraudsters. Their goal is new users, who are easily deceived, promising a rapid increase in capital in a short time.
And this is becoming a serious problem for Bitcoin. Despite the fact that such frauds occur in the case of traditional currencies, no one will refuse to use dollars just because someone was deceived and lost a lot of money. However, in the case of Bitcoin, the situation is somewhat different - the theft of funds and fraud is perceived by some users as a lack of a network and provokes them to refuse to use crypto currency.
Below we will tell you about the seven most popular ways of stealing bikkoins - who is warned, he is armed.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:59:49 AM

I smell something fishy with the site that you negotiated to do the thing. If they are really legit on that kind of job, then they should take some percent of the total btc recovered from you rather than asking that amount.

jpnl0003

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:09:49 AM

it doesn't make sense to me personally, how would they charge you 10 percent of the total amount to be recovered and they still request for a $500 payment upfront before they start the investigation. i think you should't make that payment, instead you can increase the percentage payment and allow them access to the transaction but don't giive them a dime.
commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:17:46 PM

This is a pure scam,  any company asking you for an upfront payment in other to retrieve your btc back will always want to scam you,  you have to flee and report such companies so that other people who are coming newly into the crypto space will not fall into there hands. Most bitcoin lost cannot be retrieved back,  bitcoin don't have the function to back date or call back a transaction just like banks.
celcoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:05:34 AM

at present in contributory, despite everything I even have not been trick by this crypto myself, in spite of the very fact that for the most ICO I tail, it's terribly unpleasant, during this speculation isn't create associate obligation and utilize it to contribute or your day by day money, it's the foremost perceptibly awful advance to enter cryptographical sorts of cash. simply utilize money that you simply will do. on the off likelihood that you simply cannot higher dont contribute. within the event that you simply got to be a part of into ICO, guarantee you've got choose that have awful trust or rating. i personally simply take when with greatest two style of ICO for each month. since I perceive associate excessive variety of ICO square measure planned weekly, and each one amongst them have a hazard in it.
surfertodd

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

DARKWEBSOLUTIONS is a scam. Trust me! Angry  I speak from a very expensive experience
JoctanJoramGar1

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:13:28 AM

If someone asks for an advance payment for an unprocessed job, this means fraud. I do not recommend the use of such services
vandako

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

Do not use any such service, looks very fishy to me. Even if you decide to give it a try, use Escrow for payment to be on safer side.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

This is a pure scam,  any company asking you for an upfront payment in other to retrieve your btc back will always want to scam you,  you have to flee and report such companies so that other people who are coming newly into the crypto space will not fall into there hands. Most bitcoin lost cannot be retrieved back,  bitcoin don't have the function to back date or call back a transaction just like banks.
Its already obvious and even just using up your own common sense you would able to know if these things or companies are just pure scams.They do really let theirself blind instead on avoiding it, out of their curiosity they would try such thing and now when they face problems they do easily mention that they do regret their decision.Once your bitcoins is transferred into other wallet there no chance for it to retrieve this is why we should really be careful.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:53:00 PM

Do not use any such service, looks very fishy to me. Even if you decide to give it a try, use Escrow for payment to be on safer side.

Why he need to use the unknown service first mate. There are plenty of trusted exchanges available in online. If you have big funds first keep it on private key secured wallet and enable 2FA as encryption betterment for your wallet.
Then when you think stolen I can say you have to think like the project owner how they looking the keep their wallet safe. That is how should be helped dude.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

They do really let theirself blind instead on avoiding it, out of their curiosity they would try such thing and now when they face problems they do easily mention that they do regret their decision.

Be 'happy' that people are actually losing money with this nonsense. If people did stupid things and got rewarded for that stupidity, they would keep doing it because they don't see anything wrong with it. The only way for people to learn from their mistakes is to lose money, it's that simple -- only losing money points out you're doing something wrong. That being said, it looks like no one even bothers to improve with how things have only become worse in the last years. In some cases people are too greedy and too retarded to acknowledge that they aren't following the right path -- no advice or education will help you if you don't want to be helped.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: