Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:18:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what steps will you do next?
I need your help to give an opinion - 3 (60%)
whether to surrender with the circumstances - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if all the governments of the country united to strictly prohibit the exist  (Read 716 times)
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

Perhaps one day with the current bitcoin advances, bitcoin digital currencies will be an international currency for all countries, and make it easier for every human to make transactions between countries when going to another country.
if it happens in the future it will certainly affect the paper money that exists around the world, whereas we know when the banknotes have a lot of history and symbolize the diversity of a country with other countries.
if that happens, surely the government will not remain silent on the matter, there will be an agreement between state governments to immediately close the bitcoin network to the world.
what will you do if you have a lot of bitcoin.
Well, first I will like to say that your post doesn’t make any sense at all. Bitcoin can already be used for international transactions to any country of your choice. So for you to say that that will be in a “ one day” makes no sense to me. Not every government is against the use of Bitcoin, there are some governments that supports the use of Bitcoin and there are some of them that are even into mining. I read a news about Russia opening up a huge Bitcoin mining farm, and I’m very sure that is happening right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:26:40 PM

There would still be a lot of countries that would see benefit in all these, looking at Australia, Japan, Malta, and so on, which to me would be a hard thing to achieve.

That's also a form of 'decentralization'. Cheesy

In all seriousness, it feels great to know that one country isn't the other when it comes to being open minded towards new emerging technologies. On the other hand, I am sure that when Japan has been booking consistent GDP growth through Bitcoin alone, other countries will follow. It's impossible for any well thinking government to ignore that.

Seriously, not allowing crypto currencies to develop in your country does more damage than allowing them to develop. If we take into consideration that it is a perfect hedge as well for governments, then they are even more stupid. In case the regular economy implodes due to their shitty fiat system, which is quite realistic to happen, they won't be hit as hard with crypto offering an alternative form of growth. Japan is smart, very smart. I'm looking forward to their GDP statistics for 2018.
Outcomes cannot be ignored, even if governments around the world will not like to allow cryptocurrencies to flourish they will have to do it when they see that the countries that decided to adopt cryptocurrencies and to do a favorable regulation of the market are experiencing a boom in their economies, in fact that is why I think Japan decided to adopt bitcoin so rapidly because they understood that before anyone else.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:05:14 AM

I do not think that such a situation is possible under the circumstances. Too many states have recognized bitcoin and another crypto currency, and even more states are on the verge of their recognition and legalization. However, even if such a situation arises that most states will decide to ban crypto currency, then they will never get a complete ban on them. Given the complexity of controlling such a ban, people will always have the opportunity to use the crypto currency through the Internet and other countries or simply in the system of peer-to-peer payments. It is already impossible to prohibit a crypto currency. The point of no return is already passed, the crypto currency has already become very popular so that it can be so easily banned. People are already ready to defend their rights to use crypto currency.
expertofexperts

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:07:20 AM

It seems not possible as many countries have adopted crypto and few are bringing out their own crypto. Many banks have adopted XRP etc and banning worldwide isnt possible
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 06:09:58 AM

What if they don't ban it where will that take you? We can stop worrying about things like this that we can't control. Let nature and the economists take control. That is the way I see this but I know all the governments can not ban bitcoin. This is not possible.
IL.Guerreiro

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:04:51 AM

If bitcoin will become currency of the world meaning the government has already allowed it to happen and giving no secondary resistance to oppose bitcoin and possibly during that time paper money is already obsolete.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:09:17 AM

If a global ban should happen, and i pray to God it won't, then i hope i sold all my holdings before that happens. I'm pretty sure there will be news and protests that will happen before a globan ban. But then again, alot of moey will be lost so it couldn't happen. Maybe stricter regulations and taxes will be applied.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

Bitcoin will never be banned universally maybe in some area of this world bitcoins existence will be banned but not all country and if ever this is possibly happen this is very sad because we can never make an easy profit by using altcoins but i think if this are mightily occur the country government will have an early warning before they're ban bitcoin in their countries so better to sell our assets.
Never say never, the probability that bitcoin is going to be banned all over the world is not very high but the possibility is there, there are some very powerful countries like China that do not like bitcoin at all, and it is possible that the United States probably agree with the stance of China and if both countries were to unite their diplomatic strength they could convince most countries around the world to ban bitcoin.
I will gladly say never! First and foremost, the world is not governed by a single entity who calls the shot, so for us to assume that the whole world will come together to declare war on cryptocurrency is totally something that is impossible. Come on! Let's even see how things are going presently in the crypto world. There are some countries who saw the benefit in crypto out rightly and started regulating, while there are some, that just keep pronouncing the negative. This alone shows the fact that there will be some differences in view among all these countries whether we like it or not.
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:34:08 AM

i think the truth is kind of imposible after all, if all goverment are united to make such move like that they will going undercover doing that, and after all people can win if the majority of people are support bitcoin and united against it

victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

This would be a bad day for us all, even if I believe, that we will find a way to conyinue out work...maybe in darknet somewhere)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:08:46 AM

Bitcoin has a large enough community, I think it's very difficult to drop the bitcoin and make bitcoin no value at all. You do not panic, I'm sure bitcoin will still exist. The government in my country also forbids bitcoin, but I can still use bitcoin as an exchange rate.
Yeah, the community is pretty huge and looking at the nature of how decentralization has come into play, I want to believe this is something the government itself knows cannot be controlled except for the conversion or usage of fiat to crypto that can be monitored through exchanges.

It is going to be a pretty hard thing to expect that would come into fruition as the whole government all over the world have their own different way of doing things, and while some can impose some rules, some may not, except to find a way to accept and regulate it.

Firstly, let's even take a look at countries like Japan, Australia, Malta and so on that are embracing the ideology and letting the space grow with some little bit of regulation. There will always be countries who will be able to see the future more than the others, and that is absolutely one thing that will make it impossible for every one of them to think alike to want to discard this option totally and not embrace it to the core looking at the real life cases and benefit the country is deriving from it already.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:27:23 AM

I think government will accept bitcoin in the end. Government can not prohibit technology development and what government can do is put taxes on bitcoin transaction. Bitcoin have limited supply and i think its not effecting on money circulation because bitcoin will become investment asset
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:49:15 PM

Bitcoin will never be banned universally maybe in some area of this world bitcoins existence will be banned but not all country and if ever this is possibly happen this is very sad because we can never make an easy profit by using altcoins but i think if this are mightily occur the country government will have an early warning before they're ban bitcoin in their countries so better to sell our assets.
Never say never, the probability that bitcoin is going to be banned all over the world is not very high but the possibility is there, there are some very powerful countries like China that do not like bitcoin at all, and it is possible that the United States probably agree with the stance of China and if both countries were to unite their diplomatic strength they could convince most countries around the world to ban bitcoin.
Maybe you should see how most countries are presently operating things on their own irrespective of how other countries are. There is no single country dictating for every other country globally for something like this to ever happen or one single body appointed for that which can be manipulated. Governance is done by every country the way they please and thinking it will be possible to get all the countries heading towards the same direction is impossible.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:08:32 PM

Perhaps one day with the current bitcoin advances, bitcoin digital currencies will be an international currency for all countries, and make it easier for every human to make transactions between countries when going to another country.
if it happens in the future it will certainly affect the paper money that exists around the world, whereas we know when the banknotes have a lot of history and symbolize the diversity of a country with other countries.
if that happens, surely the government will not remain silent on the matter, there will be an agreement between state governments to immediately close the bitcoin network to the world.
The problem when that happens will be the same problem that they have right now, how are they going to do it? It is very easy to talk about dismantling the bitcoin network, but the difficult part is to actually do it, with so many nodes around the world they will have to destroy every single one of them in a single stroke and if they don't then they will leave open the possibility of more nodes emerging, and if bitcoin becomes as strong as you are implying people are going to oppose such measures, not only people like us but really powerful people that have invested in cryptocurrencies.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:14:03 PM

Banning bitcoins is a bad idea for the govenrments, i know that cryptocurrency is a threat to banks but it is also the reason why most of the people are preferring to invest on bitcoins more than placing their money on the bank because the scale of increase is very low.

Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 224

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:27:56 PM

Countries can no longer unite to prohibit the crypto currency. Too many states have recognized it as a means of payment or as property and many are going to do it. Therefore, a joint decision to ban crypto currency is no longer possible. Crypto currency, and in particular bitcoin, has already been used by many people as an international means of payment. As for the states, the situation here is more complicated. Their deals are prepared long and in advance. Therefore, high volatility of the crypto currency will harm such transactions. However, let's see what will happen in practice. Perhaps, various forms of calculations will be combined or something new will be invented.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:32:28 PM

if i have a lot of bitcoin and chances are it will happen i will panic and sad because where to go sell bitcoin ...

There's no problem after all but panicking is not the right thing to do because in this way you might not even get the chance to earn a huge amount of profit if you will recklessly react to the price drop.

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:03:10 PM

Maybe you should see how most countries are presently operating things on their own irrespective of how other countries are. There is no single country dictating for every other country globally for something like this to ever happen or one single body appointed for that which can be manipulated. Governance is done by every country the way they please and thinking it will be possible to get all the countries heading towards the same direction is impossible.
Indeed! Each country has different views and legalities in the existence of bitcoin, some accepted it as a mode of payment electronically while some restricted it. However, Bitcoin is becoming very popular and more people are using it already from across the world and do trading or investment. I don't think country to country can stop the operation of bitcoin, no two countries are the same as one banned the other will replace its place. That's just life, stay calm, and strengthen faith.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:16:10 PM

I don't think it's going to happen, not all governments are against about bitcoin. In fact, some countries create regulatory standards for digital assets like bitcoin and have recognized it as a currency. Bitcoin's operation can hardly be discontinued and I hope this issue won't add up to cause panic.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:43:12 PM

There are less chances for governments to come united to make it happen as we see cold war between countries. There is a heavy competition in growing each countries wealth and they find roots to grow more.  As crypto would certainly benefit the countries in their economy growth and they do realize this,  there is a less chances for completely denying bitcoin.  What they started doing is,  as they found crypto to be strong,  they themselves started creating their own crypto coins if you look at.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: