Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one is better Mainnet or ERC20 Network?  (Read 111 times)
JanitorMan (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:55:29 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 06:10:13 PM by JanitorMan

I'm just wondering since i'm new into the crypto world, does anybody have some opinions between Mainnet or Public Blockchain? what is the difference? your response will be really appreciated.

EDIT: Basically, why i'm asking was there are some altcoins from ERC20 Network went to their own private/public blockchain as we called their own "mainnet" such as TRX for example. I was wondering what is their purpose to do that, is public/private blockchain has more advantage for some reason other than using ERC20 Network?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:00:12 PM

I'm just wondering since i'm new into the crypto world, does anybody have some opinions between Mainnet or Public Blockchain? what is the difference? your response will be really appreciated.
There was no differences between mainnet and public blockchain. The mainnet can be called as public blockchain if that will be opened for everyone. But it will be different if you are talking about the siude chain or it can be called as a private blockchain. That's my opinion about that.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:05:26 PM

Your question is not clear, as your comparison is probably not accurate.

I use a simple explanation here. Mainnet is the main network where everything happens in real time and is the actual blockchain network. This is different from Testnet where it is the same blockchain protocol, everything works exactly the same,,, but developers only use it to try out new technology, hence Testnet.

For example, Bitcoin Mainnet is where everything we transact takes place. Bitcoin Testnet is exactly the same, but where we can try out new tech like Lightning, without risking actual Bitcoin. Also there are almost no miners securing Testnet.

Public blockchain is compared to Private blockchain. Public is like Bitcoin, open source and available on github where we can all see the code. Private is owned by someone, and code source is closed (we cannot publicly view).

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

JanitorMan (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:54:17 PM

I use a simple explanation here. Mainnet is the main network where everything happens in real time and is the actual blockchain network. This is different from Testnet where it is the same blockchain protocol, everything works exactly the same,,, but developers only use it to try out new technology, hence Testnet.

For example, Bitcoin Mainnet is where everything we transact takes place. Bitcoin Testnet is exactly the same, but where we can try out new tech like Lightning, without risking actual Bitcoin. Also there are almost no miners securing Testnet.

Public blockchain is compared to Private blockchain. Public is like Bitcoin, open source and available on github where we can all see the code. Private is owned by someone, and code source is closed (we cannot publicly view).

Thank you for the explanation. Basically, why i'm asking was there are some altcoins from ERC20 Network went to their own private/public blockchain as we called their own "mainnet" such as TRX for example. I was wondering what is their purpose to do that, is public/private blockchain has more advantage for some reason other than using ERC20 Network?
JanitorMan (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:03:33 PM

There was no differences between mainnet and public blockchain. The mainnet can be called as public blockchain if that will be opened for everyone. But it will be different if you are talking about the siude chain or it can be called as a private blockchain. That's my opinion about that.

Thank you, maybe i was a bit inaccurate to put the question. What i wanted to ask is why there are couple of tokens especially ERC20 tokens, migrate from the ERC20 network to their own mainnet? Do you have any specific explanation about that? or is it just devs purpose for development reason of their token?
hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:03:53 PM

I think all is about the features that mainnet will produce and public cannot do it like TPS (Transaction per second) and others like the consensus algorithms .
But the most part is the smooth way they implement their mainnet and avoiding any problem or bug.
tusherk800

Activity: 188
Merit: 70

TAU COIN

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:04:43 PM

Hey, main net and public blockchain are the same ones. And there are different main net or Public blockchain available in the crypto market. Such as ETH, EOS, NEO ..etc. But now EOS has the good main net which will serve better than others in the market.

Thanks.

★ TAU COIN ★
TAU - A server-less unblockable blockchain messenger
WEBSITETelegram
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:33:02 PM

Thank you for the explanation. Basically, why i'm asking was there are some altcoins from ERC20 Network went to their own private/public blockchain as we called their own "mainnet" such as TRX for example. I was wondering what is their purpose to do that, is public/private blockchain has more advantage for some reason other than using ERC20 Network?

Ah, that is easy to explain for me right now. First of all, the Ethereum network is getting more and more congested. So users especially newbies are finding a lot of transactions never going through, because they do not know how to set high fees. Those who know, feel the fees are just too high. Moving to another faster, less crowded blockchain means faster and cheaper fees.

Moving to own mainnet also means they have more control. Their previous tokens were just protocols on Ethereum which they have to follow. But if you make your own blockchain of course you can customize it to your own needs.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

JanitorMan (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:22:14 PM

Ah, that is easy to explain for me right now. First of all, the Ethereum network is getting more and more congested. So users especially newbies are finding a lot of transactions never going through, because they do not know how to set high fees. Those who know, feel the fees are just too high. Moving to another faster, less crowded blockchain means faster and cheaper fees.

Moving to own mainnet also means they have more control. Their previous tokens were just protocols on Ethereum which they have to follow. But if you make your own blockchain of course you can customize it to your own needs.

Thank you very much for the explanation. It helps a lot. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: