Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] Controversial Artwork "Skin in the Game" - Ended without valid bid.  (Read 669 times)
flora_digitalis (OP)

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:55:38 PM

Thanks for the images, definitely an interesting piece that seems different from what you've normally done.

Thank you! I'm well aware that this doesn't fit the expectations of the majority of the collector folk here. But I head a great time creating it - so there's no reason not to share it.

I like the name but this artwork is near my understanding limit of art....I tried to focus but all I see is this

- img -

Good luck with your auction  Wink

Hehe, so you're definitely not into abstract art... Smiley

Frankly.....  This side looks the best.. In MY OPINION.. merit

- img -

Because of the x-men crest?? Me too

Nice that you like the backside as well. But this is not a merit begging thread... Cheesy

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:24:41 PM

4 hours left.

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:50:22 PM

4 hours left.

keep on trying son.. but It looks like I was right and you are wrong..

the market is saturated with shit right now.. far too many people are pumping out pieces.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 5879

Meh.

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:38:16 PM

I'll go ahead and bid 0.001BTC but rather than you sending me this piece I'd like it if you could donate it to any of your local establishments, and update the thread once done with a picture of it hanging at a wall or so. The establishment is up to you, I won't mind if it is a slaughter house or a fancy restaurant.. Perhaps a gallery or something else?

If you accept, I'll honor my bid.

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:42:16 AM

4 hours left.

keep on trying son.. but It looks like I was right and you are wrong..

the market is saturated with shit right now.. far too many people are pumping out pieces.

I don't recall we exchanged any argument about "right" and "wrong" in relation to the artwork or my intention of offering it here. But I'm glad you feel like you are "right", if this feeling is important to you.

I'll go ahead and bid 0.001BTC but rather than you sending me this piece I'd like it if you could donate it to any of your local establishments, and update the thread once done with a picture of it hanging at a wall or so. The establishment is up to you, I won't mind if it is a slaughter house or a fancy restaurant.. Perhaps a gallery or something else?

If you accept, I'll honor my bid.

Thank you for your good intentions, but I can not accept this conditional bid. The whole point in selling my artwork is (1) showcasing my work and (2) maybe finding someone who appreciates it and is willing to pay to own it for him/herself because of that. If there is nobody in this forum who does, then the artwork won't be sold. That's no problem.

(Besides I already had a request for the artwork from one of my friends. So I will either keep it for myself or gift it to my friend.)

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1129

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:29:03 AM
Merited by flora_digitalis (1), johnny211 (1)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is not the craziest art I've seen by any stretch.

What you need to do, is think of some deep meaning to accompany each element of the piece. \
For some reason you chose mandarin peels; perhaps they artistically symbolize the language 'Mandarin', which itself is a reference to China, and its growing dominance in the crypto-sphere. Perhaps, one of the peels could have been in the shape of china for added meta-meaning. Perhaps the gold foil symbolizes hope for the wealth that the investor is seeking in putting their 'skin in the game', while the cardboard symbolizes the fear of any particular investment becoming worthless. Perhaps the peels also signify that by placing their skin in the crypto 'game', they can never truly withdraw, just as one cannot un-peel an orange.
Perhaps, the investor 'shedding their skin', is a metaphor for transformation in the same way some animals must leave behind their old skin to grow a new one, as the world may be in the process of 'shedding the skin' of the legacy financial system.. only to discover a tasty, ripe fruit underneath..
Clearly, the back of the frame represents the X-men logo, signifying the 'mutant' nature of bitcoin, which is 'hidden' from view.. Wink

I could go on an on..
Best of luck.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is not the craziest art I've seen by any stretch.

What you need to do, is think of some deep meaning to accompany each element of the piece. \
For some reason you chose mandarin peels; perhaps they artistically symbolize the language 'Mandarin', which itself is a reference to China, and its growing dominance in the crypto-sphere. Perhaps, one of the peels could have been in the shape of china for added meta-meaning. Perhaps the gold foil symbolizes hope for the wealth that the investor is seeking in putting their 'skin in the game', while the cardboard symbolizes the fear of any particular investment becoming worthless. Perhaps the peels also signify that by placing their skin in the crypto 'game', they can never truly withdraw, just as one cannot un-peel an orange.
Perhaps, the investor 'shedding their skin', is a metaphor for transformation in the same way some animals must leave behind their old skin to grow a new one, as the world may be in the process of 'shedding the skin' of the legacy financial system.. only to discover a tasty, ripe fruit underneath..
Clearly, the back of the frame represents the X-men logo, signifying the 'mutant' nature of bitcoin, which is 'hidden' from view.. Wink

I could go on an on..
Best of luck.

Thank you for your comment & suggestions. However it seems that people here assume that everything posted in the collectables section has to do something with Bitcoin. But that's not necessarily the case.

My understanding of interesting art is presumably a bit different than what most people here seem to prefer. You can rest assured that the artwork and its title have been intentionally created the way they are (finding and preparing the right components took quite a bit of time). But I strongly refuse to give a fixed guidance on its meaning, because in my view that ruins the whole purpose of my work. My artwork should stimulate emotions, generate thought processes and new insights. So what I want is active mental engagement by the observer. Meaning has to be created by the observer and there are certainly a load of different possible interpretations. None of these are fundamentally wrong or right.

dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:40:09 PM
Merited by actmyname (1)

Is this still available for purchase?
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:43:12 PM

No.

dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:51:47 AM

No.

Might you consider a similar piece via commission? PM me
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:23:56 PM

No.

Might you consider a similar piece via commission? PM me

No.

Commissioned work is against my understanding of art. The same is true for replications of prior artworks which I consider neither creative nor enjoyable to work on.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: