Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Negative Trust Report] Lendee Defaulted on .2BTC Loan  (Read 2471 times)
GBattaglia (OP)

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

User Tennis has ceased responding to all messages
and has a debt of BTC.2 [not counting any interest]. I've been trying to get in touch with him since July 21st, and I've
opted now to post this thread.

His loan was initially due on June 30th, and he was given an extension [free of interest] as long as he kept in touch so I knew
he didn't skip town. Since all communication has fallen through, this thread now exists.

I believe Tennis didn't have the intention of defaulting, and I guess paying me back just became more of a hassle than it is worth.
Maybe he had some bad luck. I don't know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shibe07

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Provider of Bitcoin Loans

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

User Tennis has ceased responding to all messages
and has a debt of BTC.2 [not counting any interest]. I've been trying to get in touch with him since July 21st, and I've
opted now to post this thread.

His loan was initially due on June 30th, and he was given an extension [free of interest] as long as he kept in touch so I knew
he didn't skip town. Since all communication has fallen through, this thread now exists.

I believe Tennis didn't have the intention of defaulting, and I guess paying me back just became more of a hassle than it is worth.

Such a shame! They should have just tried to work something else out with you if they came across a bad bin - Like extending the loan or paying it back over a period of time.

Have you left negative trust on his account? I'd recommend it in case there trying to conduct trades with other people.

Why should they trade bitcoins when they owe bitcoins out?

Looking for a BTC Loan?... Secured and Unsecured Loans accepted! Shibe07's Micro-Loans! APPLY NOW
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

That sucks.  Hopefully you'll think twice next time before lending others that don't provide a collateral.

And, shouldn't this go in the scam accusations?
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

You really don't know? If you're going to lend him that much, the very least you can do is see why he needs the loan. Look at his profile... he comes here for gambling. If he wins the bet, you get a portion of his winnings. If he loses, that's your btc he's lost. I don't know why you would give him that much for gambling.

GBattaglia (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

You really don't know? If you're going to lend him that much, the very least you can do is see why he needs the loan. Look at his profile... he comes here for gambling. If he wins the bet, you get a portion of his winnings. If he loses, that's your btc he's lost. I don't know why you would give him that much for gambling.

I know what his loans are for. Review it and you see I have lended to him in the past.
Even in losses he still honored his loans.
CardShark659

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:01:15 PM

that is what u get for loaning a known scammer u moron needs fucking IQ tests
Barney Gumble

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:23:49 PM

that is very bad that he not paid back maybe you should try to catch him by e-mail
tennis

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:45:29 PM

I really apologize, a few serious family events popped up while I was working a new temp job while in debt. Just juggling too much... ill be in communication gbatt. No scam intended... I am around.
GBattaglia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:02:27 PM

I really apologize, a few serious family events popped up while I was working a new temp job while in debt. Just juggling too much... ill be in communication gbatt. No scam intended... I am around.

Thanks for responding, I really do appreciate that. Let me know, I'm not in a rush for the funds despite being in debt myself.
Please tend to what you need to first and keep in touch.
tennis

Activity: 343

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:54:00 AM

Thank you as always gbatt.  Slightly ashamed it is taking this long, could have made a few diff decisions along the way but here I am... will get to handling this asap.
Shibe07

Activity: 113

Provider of Bitcoin Loans

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:18:03 AM

This is a very rare occasion. Glad tennis had the guts to get back in touch. Very happy that you to have come to some agreement to get this outstanidng issue resolved.

@tennis - I'd message the user's who have left bad trust on your account and redirect them to this thread so that they can remove the ratings.

Looking for a BTC Loan?... Secured and Unsecured Loans accepted! Shibe07's Micro-Loans! APPLY NOW
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

This is a very rare occasion. Glad tennis had the guts to get back in touch. Very happy that you to have come to some agreement to get this outstanidng issue resolved.

@tennis - I'd message the user's who have left bad trust on your account and redirect them to this thread so that they can remove the ratings.

Negative won't be removed until the loan is paid back as per the agreement.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

Yeah, we see this all the time, where the borrower pops back up and says he's going to repay the loan. Honestly though, when faced with repaying a debt or simply abandoning a forum account that cost nothing to create, most people will choose the latter.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

Yeah, we see this all the time, where the borrower pops back up and says he's going to repay the loan. Honestly though, when faced with repaying a debt or simply abandoning a forum account that cost nothing to create, most people will choose the latter.

He could sell his account for 0.30BTC+ in the digital good section, so in this case the account is worth more than the loan.
GBattaglia (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:30:49 PM

He could sell his account for 0.30BTC+ in the digital good section, so in this case the account is worth more than the loan.

Yeah, I second this.
GBattaglia (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:53:49 AM

Tennis is working on repaying his current loan now. I'll update his trust when he covers the interest which he feels is fair.
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:48:46 AM

Tennis is working on repaying his current loan now. I'll update his trust when he covers the interest which he feels is fair.
He had $400 in BTC today. Hes currently ALL IN for his last 0.72 BTC on a +250 underdog who is losing by 1 set already in tennis.

Looks like it'll be awhile before u get your funds back, hes still gambling and this is the last of his ran up "bankroll".

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
GBattaglia (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:16:28 PM

He had $400 in BTC today. Hes currently ALL IN for his last 0.72 BTC on a +250 underdog who is losing by 1 set already in tennis.

Looks like it'll be awhile before u get your funds back, hes still gambling and this is the last of his ran up "bankroll".

I've seen your smear posts so I'm not really going to put much weight into what you say here. I already got back what he owed me,
I'm just awaiting interest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: