Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:03:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery actions for stolen Bitcoin  (Read 10455 times)
housefever

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

Never happened to me yet but do you guys think that someone can hack my blockchain ?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_Happy_Sad

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:30:29 PM

We need a (paid) service to recover coins which are stolen through hacking / phishing. Just like the bankers who use the help of recovery agents to get back the amount paid out as loans.

I totally agreed and vote for this.
Such a pain to loose your money and more painful thing is not able to recover it.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:47:15 PM

A very old thread probably bumped by a few newbies. Posting this to enquire whether this paper has got a legal status in any country? We have progressed 4 years into bitcoin technology and these kinds of errors and frauds have become quite regular. Still I don't know any single country which has implemented such a law.
Crypto_Happy_Sad

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:57:58 PM

What does sympathy have to do with legality?  The term legal possession implies a third party such as a government authorizing your right to it.  Bitcoin has no such thing therefore you can not possess bitcoin in a way that works with any current laws.  You can try to make it fit but it would be akin to trying to explain to a Native American the western concepts of land ownership.  You can only explain it with violence and force which then begets more violence and force in retaliation.

Aboslutely there is nothing to do vth sympathy over here.But,there was a user on the top assuming I have posted this on the Forum
 assuming Iam here for sympathy to gain attention or begging etc this is a blackchain technology and the transaction is ireversibly which Iam now clearly aware of and apparently got here to see if there is any legal opinions to move forward or any inputs provided in regards to retrieval.

Money is insured by FDIC in banks but why not BTC,ofcourse it says we are our own bank but simultaneously a common man cant have huge security services solely !

Ofcourse my loss is a loss but the pain can be only felt by me and no fun.
Crypto_Happy_Sad

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:04:53 PM

A very old thread probably bumped by a few newbies. Posting this to enquire whether this paper has got a legal status in any country? We have progressed 4 years into bitcoin technology and these kinds of errors and frauds have become quite regular. Still I don't know any single country which has implemented such a law.

Complete greed and laziness to do hardwork has made the Hackers to evolve and steal from innocent and hard earned people.
kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:31:38 PM

We need a (paid) service to recover coins which are stolen through hacking / phishing. Just like the bankers who use the help of recovery agents to get back the amount paid out as loans.

The problem is that you can't just "pull" the BTC out of a wallet that it was sent to post-theft.
Crypto_Happy_Sad

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:46:11 PM

The thief is probably in a different country to you. Just because their laws may not necessarily stop them hacking into your computer (or maybe their law enforcement is too lazy to do something about it), doesn't mean the same applies in your country.

Then we can set up this service in some country where theft is illegal and thieves can be caught using whatever means. May be Saudi Arabia?

Hacking in to someone's computer is punishable everywhere. Correct me if I am wrong.  Grin

You are absolutely right mate.

Wish those strict laws are in place all over the world,so these theives can get a life and stop stealing others hard earned money.
ahmadoo

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

i think it is a hard problem to be solved
i know someone who lost his btc,  he tried many ways but he had nothing.
rasl.curt

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:09:33 AM

If someone found your Bitcoin private key, that person probably used that key to sign a transaction to one of his Bitcoin addresses (accounts). There is no way for you to actually recover them. You could however track the transaction to eventually see where your bitcoins are being transferred.
Now if your Bitcoins are stored at a company such as an exchange or a cold storage company, you might have some kind of insurance that the company provides as they're responsible of keeping your bitcoins safe.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: