Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 1.5 Th/s Pre-order for 2nd Week January: Fair deal  (Read 1826 times)
bitcoinboutique (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:42:06 AM

Hi,

To be honest i'm just testing the water to see what the perceived value of my confirmed, fully paid, order with a reputable company (proven tech, proven delivery track record) for delivery expedited 2nd week in January.

This thing can mine at 1,500 Gh/s with power consumption of 1,850W. At an realistic but slightly optimistic difficulty estimate of 1.2m and USD/BTC of $1,000 this thing could bring in $20,000 in the first month. At a more pessimistic view, difficulty of 1.7m and USD/BTC of $750, it brings in $10,000. Decent total return on investment looks virtually assured... but it's still 5/6 weeks away.

I'm selling my house (divorce) and I'd like to know how much I could sell my pre-order for if i need the cash because the house sale falls through or I just run out of money (I re-invested everything in this miner).

Everybody knows the difficulty is going to ramp up, but that's what people said about KNC and it hasn't really happened. I think most people are sitting on their BTC waiting to see how high the price can go, or just buying BTC instead of miners.

I certainly regret paying BTC not USD for the miner, but I did secure a reasonable queue position. The current list price for February week 5 (I know... February only has 4 weeks) is $5,679 or ~5BTC but the profit potential is a tiny fraction of what it is in 2nd week January.

I paid 9BTC at a rate of $750 USD/BTC from memory. I'd like to see a modest return on my investment, but happy to set up some sort of escrow to refund that profit if the difficulty/BTC price is under threat... I just want to underwrite my risk, not get rich.

Thoughts? Offers?
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

Which "reputable company" would this be, and why can't you tell us in your post?

bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:19:02 AM

It's Bitmine.ch and I'm not shouting their name from the rooftops because I'm quite happy to see all the Butterfly Labs (and others) deadlines go flying by. It uses the older Avalon chips and it's not the 'vapourware' promised by so many manufacturers, from my extensive research. While everybody is wetting their pants about 28nm fabrication, there's a really solid machine that's getting ignored.

Having spoken to them a few times, they actually have devices on the test benches and in a shippable state: less hype, more hash.

Which "reputable company" would this be, and why can't you tell us in your post?
bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:41:06 AM

It does 1,500 Gh/s in turbo mode, at 1,850W

http://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-desk-january-batch
WinterParker

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR IT??

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:16:44 AM

That looks an awful lot like terrahash. Buyer Beware.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:48:25 AM

It does 1,500 Gh/s in turbo mode, at 1,850W

http://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-desk-january-batch

There is no way in hell this box uses Avalon chips and achieves 1.5 TH at 1800watts or whatever the case may be. The machine you linked to is using their own 28nm chips.

As for offers, I dunno, it's tough to bid on pre-orders cause one never knows if they indeed are going to meet their schedule. You said you paid 9 btc, so I presume that you will not entertain offers below that price?

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:38:28 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 05:11:28 PM by Pistachio

I'll offer 6BTC with escrow until an account transfer with Bitmine.ch (from your bitmine account to mine) or delivery at a hosting facility (such as the one run by bobsag3). Plus I'll cover shipping costs. I will not cover any VAT if you are in Europe. I am in the US.

Send me a PM if this is of interest. Anyone else is welcome to out bid me. I think this is a fair offer but who knows with these kind of pre-orders.

update: spent coins somewhere else. I still think this is a good investment at the right price. OP may just want to wait until it arrives to sell  Wink.
Qatatonic

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:26:10 PM

Does Bitmine.ch allow account transfers? I thought that once you paid for a miner you couldn't change the delivery address or other details.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:01:27 AM

Does Bitmine.ch allow account transfers? I thought that once you paid for a miner you couldn't change the delivery address or other details.

You can definitely change the address if you move or something. I don't know what their current policy is on transfers between people. I am thinking they are more open to doing so if you paid with bitcoin (no chance of a charge back).

Disclosure: I was one of the earlier Avalon customers.
bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:37:47 PM

Ok, I paid 9BTC to preorder at start of November. Delivery is still reassured as 2nd week of January: 1,500 Gh/s CoinCraft Desk from Bitmine.ch.

Bitmine.ch have announced "Orders from January and later batches should NOT be affected by [any] delay" and reassurance that "customer protection plan triggers and will feature upgraded hashing capability for free".

However, a dip in the USD/BTC rate means that you might snag a bargain... I'm not looking to profit any more. I just want to get some BTC back and give up on mining.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:38:52 PM

Your thoughts on escrow?

bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:56:44 PM

Escrow is fair. No premium for using escrow
coinmuse

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:32:26 PM

Offer sent via PM.  In case you can't change the order address, please PM me whether you are you in Americas, Europe or Asia.  Thanks.
bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:57:20 PM

I'm in the UK and I paid for Worldwide Express delivery, which is a flat rate fee, whatever the destination.

I checked, and I can change the delivery address and the "billing" (fully paid, so no billing) and refund address.

Worst case, I can arrange courier collection and delivery to you at my own cost.

I'm starting to think, I'll just sell it for what I can get on eBay if & when it gets delivered. If it doesn't get delivered, I can get full refund + 10%. If I don't get refund, I can try Swiss court system... or just give up on seeing any of my 9BTC
bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:12:43 PM

Mail me: nick (at) grant (dot) gb (dot) com

This 360 second limit to being able to reply is driving me nuts.

I will offer 0.5BTC no strings attached to somebody who can agree a reasonable offer via email (CC'ing whoever you like) so we can get as far as escrow or changing WORLDWIDE delivery from UK to WHEREVER YOU WANT.

Basically, I am now saying I will pay you to profit, have no risk, and I pay 0.5BTC in good faith, on top of the 9 that bitmine.ch have already had... I just don't want to be playing guessing games.
coinmuse

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:01:55 AM

Hi - please answer my last PM.  Thanks.
Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:52:05 PM

I just shot you an E-mail.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
bitcoinboutique (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:18:45 AM

Please email me: nick (at) grant (dot) gb (dot) com

I'm just going to auction off this pre-order unless somebody makes a decent cash offer on the basis of a legally binding contract. Check out this auction to get a sense of value that I can get on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400-Gh-s-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-shipping-end-of-December-/171197189999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dc25cf6f

Merry xmas!
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 01:35:50 AM

Where are you from?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:06:40 AM

Please email me: nick (at) grant (dot) gb (dot) com

I'm just going to auction off this pre-order unless somebody makes a decent cash offer on the basis of a legally binding contract. Check out this auction to get a sense of value that I can get on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400-Gh-s-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-shipping-end-of-December-/171197189999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dc25cf6f

Merry xmas!

I can tell you for a fact ( and have emails to back it up) that the guy who sold that on eBay was a scammer he tried to sell it on Craigslist 1st

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████