Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:04:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why The Fair Price Of Bitcoin Is $0  (Read 2501 times)
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:41:09 PM

Bitcoin is mainly for 2 purposes.
For a relative amount of anonymity.
For the ability to send transactions, full proof, over thousands of miles, virtually cost free.
Both of those are key values of bitcoin.
However, now there are many alternative cryptocurrencies that accomplish the same thing.

All we need is (1) to work with at any given time and it does not have to be a single chosen "ONE", like bitcoin.
It can be almost any of them that are built to last.

So, if the value is not in the bitcoin itself, then it has no specific value other tha nit's primary purpose for which it's most useful. the ones I just outlined.
Thought?

So, you're completely ignoring first mover advantages and network effect?

I could make five million sites just like amazon.com with very similar properties to Amazon.com, yet only Amazon.com will succeed.

*YAWN*

fiddelingones

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:03:56 PM

If the price I owe you is $1000, I can send you (1) bitcoin valued at $1000 or (1000) feathercoins valued at $1, it does not matter as long as you get paid.

The next question is volume of trade of specific coin, your friend is less likely to get back $1000 from the feathercoins than bitcoin. Alt coins are much more risky to price manipulation

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: