Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Genuine small miners coin required.  (Read 82 times)
minerja (OP)

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:50:22 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 11:16:40 PM by minerja

Hi guys,

Well another day, and another load of s**t coins.
ASIC resitance blah blah blah, gpu resitance blah, blah, blah, cpu only...yeah right
Ok, so i get that any algo if popular enought and profitable enough can be hacked, but seriously coders is there no one out there who even tries anymore.
Has all of crypto just become ICOs and get-poor-quick schemes.

Way i see, is like this...
ASIC manufactures, gpu farms, and cpu farms, all have one thing in common - GREED (i'm not taking about the small guy who has saved and saved to buy a single 1080ti rig, i mean the mega guys)

So they are looking for something they can buy as a standard itm, cheaply and duplicate easily.

So devs, why not look at producing a coin, that genuinely is distributed, genuinely for the small guy (or girl)
A coin which utilises the cpu, the gpu the system ram, and the hard disk, and a coin in which you mine solely from the wallet...no pools, and if you multi cpu/gpu, then the other requiremenst go massively.

Lets say a generic desktop has a cheap quad core cpu, a 750ti, 1030gt ish level gpu, and 4GB ram, and 1Tb hdd.
SO if we make that our base level.

The wallet asses the hardware, and as part of the "mining process" some info has to be "plotted to the HDD" just like burst say 500Gb of the 1 TB.
Next the wallet miner can utilise eith the cpu, the gpu, or both, using the system ram as a buffer.

SO, yes you can have 1000 desktops and a 1000 wallets, but on a single PC, as soon as you add say a 2nd gpu, you need double the ram (8GB), and a 2TB hdd.
3 gpus, and u need 16GB ram, and 4TB hdd
4 gpus, and u need 32GB ram, and 8TB hdd
5 gpus, and u need 64GB ram, and 16TB hdd
6 gpus, and u need 128GB ram, and 32TB hdd

Now YES the server farm guys have 192 zillion GB ram, but not necceasrily the match HDD space, and vice versa.
Yes it screws even the modest single 1080ti guy
BUT it means pretty much anyone with core2duo with office gpu upwards should be able to mine it.

Anyway i dont have the answers or the ability, but some bight spark dev surely can invent something alone these lines to help the small guy Smiley

Heres hoping
J
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: