Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Online wallet  (Read 3212 times)
theGECK (OP)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 04:47:32 PM

I have run into a problem with mybitcoin.com not functioning properly. I lost a small amount of bitcoins because of a transfer from slush's pool. It has gone through, been deducted from the confirmed amount, but has not shown up on mybitcoin.com after 10 hours. Three other transactions have gone through without any problems. Block explorer has the transaction in a block, with the correct amount of BTC being transferred to my receiving account, but it has not showed up in mybitcoin.com

Does anybody know of an online wallet that does not have problems? It seems that other people have had similar problems like this. If there isn't a good online wallet, does anybody know of a good way to store your wallet in a way that you could access it from any computer? Would storing a bitcoin program in a dropbox account be a good way, or would that introduce more problems than it is worth?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ech

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 06:41:36 PM

This has happened to at least 3 others, myself included, since 02:47 UTC.  I have tried communicating with the owner regarding another matter a month ago, but have not received any response.  So I'm not sure how soon he is likely to get back to us.

Until then we should keep emailing him: http://mybitcoin.com/contact-us.php
and warn others to not use the service.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 06:51:47 PM

Who actually owns mybitcoin? Any user on this forum?

Hal
VIP

Activity: 314
Merit: 3853

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 09:11:24 PM

If you have a home computer, https://github.com/tcatm/bitcoin-js-remote gives you mybitcoin-like functionality using your own wallet at home.

Hal Finney
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: