Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If mtgox is dead, why price drops on other exchanges when price drop in mtgox ?  (Read 1686 times)
sgdias (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:53:44 PM

If mtgox is dead, why price drops on other exchanges when price drop in mtgox ? I'm not getting... how can a proven fraudulent exchange can impact on bitcoin economy Huh
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:56:36 PM

bad news - price down.
good news - price up.
 Grin

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 01:57:37 PM

those bitcoins are going to end up somewhere

and a lot of them will be sold, once they start moving

though i'm puzzled as to why anyone would sell at $120 on gox, i think any bookie would take that 1:5 spread
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:00:14 PM

though i'm puzzled as to why anyone would sell at $120 on gox, i think any bookie would take that 1:5 spread

Cos the only people getting real BTC out of Gox, will be Karpeles and his mates and they will be cashing out on other exchanges. Joe Bloggs needs to get into USD in order to have the hope of salvaging anything.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 02:03:08 PM

Cos the only people getting real BTC out of Gox, will be Karpeles and his mates and they will be cashing out on other exchanges. Joe Bloggs needs to get into USD in order to have the hope of salvaging anything.

shame that I can't go to some sports betting site and put $1000 down on a (*ed: 5:1) that mtgox pays out bitcoins owned
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:05:48 PM

shame that I can't go to some sports betting site and put $1000 down on a (*ed: 5:1) that mtgox pays out bitcoins owned

You could just wire $1000 to Gox and buy some coins?
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 02:15:32 PM

You can:

https://bitcoinbuilder.com/
sgdias (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:16:02 PM

Just an update for you folks. The price on MtGox is irrelevant. I have 3.8 coins on MtGox and I can't sell them, buy anymore, or do anything as of yesterday when the price froze at $260 and they announced moving their office. So I attempted to open a new account at MtGox and got a 404 Error every time. The site doesn't work anymore, period. They have programmed it to just show a price that is slowly declining to zero. They are gone, bitcoins are gone, money is gone, there is no trading and there is nothing happening at MtGox. Just 2 minutes ago I tried to login to my MtGox account and got errors as well. The site is not functioning, only the market ticker at the top is working which is just computer code running in the background. Sorry people they are long gone but want to make you believe the exchange is still there so as not to crash the price on other exchanges where they are slowing liquidating the bitcoins to fools.

Nobody made a legal action ? Why the japanese police is not yet taking the bitcoins from mtgox ? (the same way FBI did with silk road)
sgdias (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:30:33 PM

Wow, are you really Richard Branson ? nice to meet you dude.
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

You could just wire $1000 to Gox and buy some coins?

Yeah, if the bet is whether gox is solvent, then gox should be okay as counterparty Smiley
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:42:53 PM

That's right zvs.

You are getting just about 5.1 on BTC v Goxcoin at the moment so if you are so certain about Gox coming good, get your money in their now. People having no problems depositing funds, its just the other way around that is the issue.

Be sure to let us know ow you get on with that.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

If mtgox is dead, why price drops on other exchanges when price drop in mtgox ? I'm not getting... how can a proven fraudulent exchange can impact on bitcoin economy Huh

Mtgox is already dead due to the fiat withdrawal problem not solved. We normally have forgotten the name.

The price is based on trust level. If there is more trust then the price will be reasonable for both parties.

Why mtgox shows USD 135 while the other shows USD 500+ apiece? Let see when mtgox has solved his own problem. Another Bad statement received today.

Let see when mtgox has fixed the problem

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:37:16 PM

Why?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:04:35 PM

don't forget gox has like one million users, that's a huge loss of confidence in Bitcoin

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Just an update for you folks. The price on MtGox is irrelevant. I have 3.8 coins on MtGox and I can't sell them, buy anymore, or do anything as of yesterday when the price froze at $260 and they announced moving their office. So I attempted to open a new account at MtGox and got a 404 Error every time. The site doesn't work anymore, period. They have programmed it to just show a price that is slowly declining to zero. They are gone, bitcoins are gone, money is gone, there is no trading and there is nothing happening at MtGox. Just 2 minutes ago I tried to login to my MtGox account and got errors as well. The site is not functioning, only the market ticker at the top is working which is just computer code running in the background. Sorry people they are long gone but want to make you believe the exchange is still there so as not to crash the price on other exchanges where they are slowing liquidating the bitcoins to fools.

anyone see GOX's new "Virtual" Mailing address?
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:31:46 PM

i logged in just now , all good no errors. I also just realized i had $1 there lmao.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:34:20 PM

i logged in just now , all good no errors. I also just realized i had $1 there lmao.

heh. i got $0.00184

i made sure my last withdraw left them next to nothing a long time ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: