Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all panic sellers:  (Read 4490 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:42:45 AM

I agree on this. I got my  coins at 100 USD and saw them grow to 1200 USD so I am a winner here.
People panic selling because they bought at 1000 USD each coin and dont know if they will loose it all
should not got the coins in the first place.

It is frustrating to me when I see comments like this one.  Yes, congratulations, you were an early adopter who made money.  However, if everyone since then loses money, Bitcoin is done, finished.

Buying at $100 makes you an early adopter?  In July, when bitcoin was $100, people felt like they had missed the boat and were hesitant to buy.  Furthermore, many people who purchased coins during the April run-up were at a loss until this October, but look at them now.  The exact same thing happened to people who bought coins during the 2011 run-up (but they had to wait 2 years to see a profit).  

Don't you see?  You are still an early adopter.  These booms and crashes will continue till either (a) bitcoin is dead, or (b) bitcoin is a major global currency with a value of $100,000+.  

Hold tight to your coins, learn more about bitcoin, and try to contribute in any way you can to help advance this game-changing technology.  

+1

+1 (i'm hoping on the +$1,000,000 but +$100,000 will do Cheesy)

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
zuckerant

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:43:08 AM

That's why I only talk to friends about the bitcoin system not about buying opportunities. If he wants to make money he will try it anyway.

Sure a friend could make a lot of money but if he turns out to be a jittery buyer he will blame me for the loss.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:01:12 AM

The game changes significantly once the bubble is popped. Nobody is really selling any significant amounts during the bubble. The selling is mostly bots and traders, who buy back. Then once the bubble is popped, everything changes. What would once enough bids to push the price up and no longer enough. You need about 5x more bids to put brakes on the capitulation. Instead of seeing a a 6K bid area you need to see a 30K bid area, etc. And there needs to be volume, and buys, gigantic whaletastic buys of 10K+ at a time. Welcome to whale trading.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:02:32 AM

The game changes significantly once the bubble is popped. Nobody is really selling any significant amounts during the bubble. The selling is mostly bots and traders, who buy back. Then once the bubble is popped, everything changes. What would once enough bids to push the price up and no longer enough. You need about 5x more bids to put brakes on the capitulation. Instead of seeing a a 6K bid area you need to see a 30K bid area, etc. Welcome to whale trading.

You still think this is like April, don't you?
TERA

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:04:11 AM

The game changes significantly once the bubble is popped. Nobody is really selling any significant amounts during the bubble. The selling is mostly bots and traders, who buy back. Then once the bubble is popped, everything changes. What would once enough bids to push the price up and no longer enough. You need about 5x more bids to put brakes on the capitulation. Instead of seeing a a 6K bid area you need to see a 30K bid area, etc. Welcome to whale trading.

It doesn't need to be like April 2013, it can be like anytime that there wasn't a bubble going on.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:08:46 AM

It doesn't need to be like April 2013, it can be like anytime that there wasn't a bubble going on.

Well there wasn't any real capitulation in April. We tested $66, about 4x higher than where we started the rally.

So, we are probably in a similar situation now, with everyone wondering where the bottom is and we won't go down to that magic # everyone is waiting for $600 before the buying starts again. By the way $600 is about 4x higher than where we started at $125ish.

But unless we fly to $2k-3k, then we arent going to fall 80%+ from ATHs. But you know this already.
TERA

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:11:42 AM

Well there wasn't any real capitulation in April. We tested $66, about 4x higher than where we started the rally.

So, we are probably in a similar situation now, with everyone wondering where the bottom is and we won't go down to that magic # everyone is waiting for $600 before the buying starts again. By the way $600 is about 4x higher than where we started at $125ish.

But unless we fly to $2k-3k, then we arent going to fall 80%+ from ATHs. But you know this already.
If you look at the chart and timeframe, this is actually more comparible to the drop to $80 that happened 2 weeks after the drop to $50. So people are probably expecting something like $700.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:15:32 AM

If you look at the chart and timeframe, this is actually more comparible to the drop to $80 that happened 2 weeks after the drop to $50. So people are probably expecting something like $700.

Perhaps, but the recovery from this just will not be as long as April. There is not real despair here. We didn't crash with a bang, we wilted. We are in the duldrums of the holidays. But soon, we will be rising again. Big monies coming. Bid sums are at ATHs. Everyone is waiting to turn fiat into bitcoin. This just needs a little shove upwards after the new year and we will be at it again.

This will not drag out forever like April did.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:21:48 AM

Yeah, it really sucked waiting 6 months to 10X my money.  Hope that doesn't happen again   Grin

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:28:57 AM

Yeah, it really sucked waiting 6 months to 10X my money.  Hope that doesn't happen again   Grin

Have you sold all your bitcoins? Because if not you actually didn't 10x your money...

GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:33:21 PM

The game changes significantly once the bubble is popped. Nobody is really selling any significant amounts during the bubble. The selling is mostly bots and traders, who buy back. Then once the bubble is popped, everything changes. What would once enough bids to push the price up and no longer enough. You need about 5x more bids to put brakes on the capitulation. Instead of seeing a a 6K bid area you need to see a 30K bid area, etc. And there needs to be volume, and buys, gigantic whaletastic buys of 10K+ at a time. Welcome to whale trading.

well if dudes sell of massive volume that will be the last time they sell that much off unless they buy back in!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

pand70

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:16:59 AM

well if dudes sell of massive volume that will be the last time they sell that much off unless they buy back in!

Because those that are buying cannot sell later? Weak hands will sell during a crisis no matter when they got in

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:46:01 AM

Yeah, it really sucked waiting 6 months to 10X my money.  Hope that doesn't happen again   Grin

Ok, but your off your Bitcoins, and if you buy again you cant say you got 10X profit (unless the price crashes to 100)
cspeter8

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

I agree on this. I got my  coins at 100 USD and saw them grow to 1200 USD so I am a winner here.
People panic selling because they bought at 1000 USD each coin and dont know if they will loose it all
should not got the coins in the first place.

It is frustrating to me when I see comments like this one.  Yes, congratulations, you were an early adopter who made money.  However, if everyone since then loses money, Bitcoin is done, finished.

Buying at $100 makes you an early adopter?  In July, when bitcoin was $100, people felt like they had missed the boat and were hesitant to buy.  Furthermore, many people who purchased coins during the April run-up were at a loss until this October, but look at them now.  The exact same thing happened to people who bought coins during the 2011 run-up (but they had to wait 2 years to see a profit). 

Don't you see?  You are still an early adopter.  These booms and crashes will continue till either (a) bitcoin is dead, or (b) bitcoin is a major global currency with a value of $100,000+. 

Hold tight to your coins, learn more about bitcoin, and try to contribute in any way you can to help advance this game-changing technology. 

+1

+1 (i'm hoping on the +$1,000,000 but +$100,000 will do Cheesy)

+1 Good message to keep in front of people.  Especially the wait for 2 years back in 2011.  I helped a few friends get into bitcoin in the runup earlier in 2013.  One fellow bought at $240.  For ~8 months he was under water, but he is glad now that he did not sell.  Others just wanted to make a quick buck without spending time to really getting what bitcoin is about.  They bought at $50, sold at $120 or so and thought they did so well - until now.  Don't do what you will regret later.
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:45:25 PM

If the price of BTC will continue to go down, this will drag the other currencies as well..

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:03:39 PM

I think new, jittery users, unfamiliar with trading, but who attempt to become day-traders, are a major component of bitcoin market volatility.

+111111
pand70

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:49:10 AM

I can't think of something more ridiculous than idiots calling weak hands all those that believed in bitcoin and bought at 1200$...

Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:20:52 AM

What's ridiculous about referring to someone as weak hands who bought Bitcoin for $1200 when it seemed like it was going up and is selling at $650 when it seems like it is going down? If they're not selling now to re-enter the market later, then they didn't actually believe in Bitcoin... I think sheep is a better word to describe such people, actually.

I can't think of something more ridiculous than idiots calling weak hands all those that believed in bitcoin and bought at 1200$...
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:28:23 AM

yep, weak is not the hand that buys high, weak is the hand that sells low. if you are afraid of sudden volatility spikes, get out of bitcoins and into US treasury bonds, kid.

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: