Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] $110 American Express Gift Card/Credit Card -- 10 BTC  (Read 2169 times)
Sh1337 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 01:56:43 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2011, 02:09:59 AM by ShaDez

Hello! I've been trying to get BTC by purchasing it for the past 24 hours straight almost. Last night, I ended up purchasing an American Express gift card with $110 on it, with the belief that I would be able to transfer it all to BTC. I then ended up trying some method with Second Life, but it failed as well.

The American Express gift card is a credit card that has NOT YET HAD A NAME ATTACHED. Meaning that you can easily call up the manufacturer and tell them to link your name to the account so you can use it for online shopping anywhere. It's easy and quick, I have done it before.

If you desire I CAN MAIL THIS to the address of your choice, along with instruction booklet and receipt. This would allow you to use it in stores. Or, if you are afraid that I may use the card I can shred it via webcam if you wish.

This is a very convenient way to purchase things, in real life or on the internet, sadly it is not the BTC that I need.

Picture proof of the items:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/10/aaabz.png

Balance Proof:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2734/thinga.png

As you can see, the balance of $110 was added last night at CVS (identical to reciept shown). Shipping is obviously free.

PM me if you are interested, the auto buy for this is 15 BTC. If you would like to make an offer, PM me. No offers below 10 BTC, please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:00:20 AM

Added better proof! Up for sale.
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:45:13 AM

Need to sell this today, guys!
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:49:45 AM

You are unknown, untrusted, selling something you can double spend (I know you shred the card via webcam, but you can write numbers in a piece of paper, no?) and to add insult to injury you say [CHEAP] but ask $11/btc, above market level (and that was just the bottom limit on your original post).

If you are serious about selling this today you may want to rethink your strategy, just saying...
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:56:10 AM

Where would the physical ship from?
dalamchops

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:58:00 AM

You are unknown, untrusted, selling something you can double spend (I know you shred the card via webcam, but you can write numbers in a piece of paper, no?) and to add insult to injury you say [CHEAP] but ask $11/btc, above market level (and that was just the bottom limit on your original post).

If you are serious about selling this today you may want to rethink your strategy, just saying...

you're an idiot, he's offering $11 USD FOR YOUR 1 BTC. That's better than market value.
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:01:33 AM

Thanks for some of the back-up guys. The best I can give you is my word, I can't offer more than that.

But, if you purchase and want it shipped, it will ship from New Jersey in the United States. (yep, I live in the shit hole of America)
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:03:33 AM

Also, it is impossible to double spend for two reasons:
1) To buy things in real life, I would have to physically own the card, whereas if I mail it to you it's impossible.
2) You have to add your own name to the card, I cannot buy things if I don't know your name and address. (simply tell me to ship it to a slightly different name)
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:07:51 AM

you're an idiot, he's offering $11 USD FOR YOUR 1 BTC. That's better than market value.

Am I? I guess you're right, I must be. Good thing you warned me on time in such a polite way Smiley

So let me rephrase it, $9.1/btc was the bottom, $13.6 the buy now, and the last price I saw before I looked at this was ~$9.3. So, yeah, I failed the 1/11 calculation by a bit, which I guess invalidates all of my reasoning and makes me an idiot.

Again, thanks Wink
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:11:33 AM

1) To buy things in real life, I would have to physically own the card, whereas if I mail it to you it's impossible.
2) You have to add your own name to the card, I cannot buy things if I don't know your name and address. (simply tell me to ship it to a slightly different name)

Ok, trying to make up for being an idiot before (in that sarcastic tone of voice we all love) why do you say
If you desire I CAN MAIL THIS to the address of your choice

If you don't mail it, how can one use it then? I assumed this was a card one can use for online shopping, thus the number and the CVV would be all that is required. But you are right assuming one MUST register the card, probably making it unusable to those like myself that don't have a US address...
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:13:12 AM

Ok, trying to make up for being an idiot before (in that sarcastic tone of voice we all love) why do you say
If you desire I CAN MAIL THIS to the address of your choice

If you don't mail it, how can one use it then? I assumed this was a card one can use for online shopping, thus the number and the CVV would be all that is required. But you are right assuming one MUST register the card, probably making it unusable to those like myself that don't have a US address...

Sir, I would give you all the numbers on the card. You would then call AMEX and give them your name.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:16:37 AM

Ok, I get it now, buying online with AMEX cards one must state not only the numbers but also the name and address. Can you verify if the card you have is in fact usable without a US address?
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:37:13 AM

Ok, I get it now, buying online with AMEX cards one must state not only the numbers but also the name and address. Can you verify if the card you have is in fact usable without a US address?

Can I prove that? Well, I can tell you these two things:

The last time I bought an AMEX gift card I used a fake name (an address was not required)

You can call AMEX gift card hotline and ask Smiley
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:40:18 AM

Can I prove that? Well, I can tell you these two things:

The last time I bought an AMEX gift card I used a fake name (an address was not required)

You can call AMEX gift card hotline and ask Smiley

So, just a name then... sites like amazon require the billing address to match that of the card, don't they?

AMEX gift card hotline, got an international number for that?
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:44:16 AM

Yes, many websites require an address on file, whereas a fake one can (but is not required) be linked to the account with an easy fake name generation courtesy of fakenamegenerator.com

I have the feeling that the only reason for your posting on this thread is to debunk the existence of this card. Are you actually interested in buying?
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:54:13 AM

Yes, many websites require an address on file, whereas a fake one can (but is not required) be linked to the account with an easy fake name generation courtesy of fakenamegenerator.com

I have the feeling that the only reason for your posting on this thread is to debunk the existence of this card. Are you actually interested in buying?

It is very simple to verify if a certain forum user is a troll or not, just do a quick follow up of the member posts. I can assure you I rarely post anything unless I have something constructive to add, except when feeding the trolls which I do as a sick sort of relax exercise.

Regardless, what have I said here that debunks the existence of the card? I've lost you there. I am really interested though I have serious doubts I can legally use it without being a US citizen (I know I can fake being one, but I'd rather not). If you don't want me to follow up with my questions / concerns just say so, or if you really feel I've been trolling with stupid remarks, press 'Report to moderator' and make this a better forum for all.
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:59:33 AM

It is very simple to verify if a certain forum user is a troll or not, just do a quick follow up of the member posts. I can assure you I rarely post anything unless I have something constructive to add, except when feeding the trolls which I do as a sick sort of relax exercise.

Regardless, what have I said here that debunks the existence of the card? I've lost you there. I am really interested though I have serious doubts I can legally use it without being a US citizen (I know I can fake being one, but I'd rather not). If you don't want me to follow up with my questions / concerns just say so, or if you really feel I've been trolling with stupid remarks, press 'Report to moderator' and make this a better forum for all.

Here is a quote I found:

American Express debit cards can be used at stores and restaurants throughout the US that accept regular American Express cards.
VISA debit cards, offered by many financial institutions, are good wherever VISA debit cards are accepted. Some (but not all) can be used internationally.

Upon further investigation, I called up AMEX (I have been on hold for the past 12 minutes) and asked them if this certain card can be used outside of the US and it has been confirmed that yes it can. Sorry for coming to the stupid assumption that you were a troll, I now see that you're on this forum for much different reasons. I am here to do legitimate business. So, I must ask the question on my mind: are you, or are you still interested, or would you like to talk via PM or AIM/MSN?
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:00:12 AM

There is a way to double spend prepay cards, but FWIW it appears this seller isn't interested in doing so.

I am sure you can understand the skepticism over a new member immediately trying to sell something. However I also can understand the frustration of new members wanting to get their hands on some BTC as quick as possible. There should be some easier methods popping up over the next month or so.
Sh1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:06:05 AM

There is a way to double spend prepay cards, but FWIW it appears this seller isn't interested in doing so.

I am sure you can understand the skepticism over a new member immediately trying to sell something. However I also can understand the frustration of new members wanting to get their hands on some BTC as quick as possible. There should be some easier methods popping up over the next month or so.

I understand your skepticism as I would be very skeptical as well. However, my only reason here is to get some dang BTC! Cheesy

I'm desperate for some, but no TOO desperate... haha. Thanks for understanding my frustration.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:08:00 AM

I am interested, but the price you ask is very close to the market price which has done some serious swings today, on top of which I'll certainly pay international fees for all transactions done with stores outside of the US, so I'm not sure it is a good deal for me.

Also it is very, very late here and I can't really think straight so I check this thread when I get up and if you haven't sold the card yet I'll make a decision re: rate, either buy it or make you an offer at the very least.

Alternatively I might ask you to buy something for me using that card, specifically an amazon uk gift card, instead of you sending the card to me. Would be be available to do that? You would most certainly have to pay first (be it send the card details or buy the gift) or we'd have to arrange for someone we both trust to serve as escrow for the btc. I will not send first under any condition.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: