Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 05:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we expect another drop?  (Read 2100 times)
MicroFi

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:26:28 PM

I am more interested in getting Bitcoin back to a price that's usable.

$20 bitcoins are ideal...not hard on the wallet to get a bunch and easy to spend.

I mean who has $1200 to spend when all they need is .05BTC and the exchange fees kill you when for small amounts of BTC.  Also, who the heck wants to spend BTC when its $1200?

You're completely missing the point.
The price being 1$/BTC isn't going to make Bitcoin easier to use than it being priced at 5976$/BTC.

I hope you do realise you can also buy / sell 0.01BTC?

฿: 1NvAd48YHKCBUbEhy8LzGmYk8KY9AFvEui
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

$20 bitcoins are ideal...not hard on the wallet to get a bunch and easy to spend.

I mean who has $1200 to spend when all they need is .05BTC and the exchange fees kill you when for small amounts of BTC.  Also, who the heck wants to spend BTC when its $1200?

Exchanges fees are always certain % of your filled order. Does not matter if you buy 100 BTC $1 each or 0.1 BTC $1,000 each, the fee is the same $ amount.
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189

Hello

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

I mean who has $1200 to spend when all they need is .05BTC and the exchange fees kill you when for small amounts of BTC.  Also, who the heck wants to spend BTC when its $1200?

This is cause for laughter.  The utility of bitcoin does not rely on pricing.  Of course everyone wants to buy 20$ BTC but sorry buddy you already missed that train, just hope on the current one and ride it.  If bitcoin has proven anything, its the fact that assuming one had never sold, investing in BTC has never resulted in a loss that wasnt an exponential gain if it had only been held.
pjviitas

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:38:33 PM

Exchanges fees are always certain % of your filled order. Does not matter if you buy 100 BTC $1 each or 0.1 BTC $1,000 each, the fee is the same $ amount.

K so your saying it costs the same to buy .10BTC 10 ten times as it does to buy 1BTC once?
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189

Hello

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:45:31 PM

K so your saying it costs the same to buy .10BTC 10 ten times as it does to buy 1BTC once?

Yes, .05% is still .05% no matter what the price is... .10 BTC @ 20 $/ BTC = 1 btc @ 20$ / BTC .. 05% of the same number is still the same percentage
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:47:49 PM

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-sixth-grade-math/cc-6th-ratios-prop-topic/cc-6th-percentages/v/describing-the-meaning-of-percent

They're trying to buy all the coins. 
We must not let them.
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

Yes, .05% is still .05% no matter what the price is... .10 BTC @ 20 $/ BTC = 1 btc @ 20$ / BTC .. 05% of the same number is still the same percentage

From Mt.Gox

You can do bank transfers to our bank in Japan in the following currencies:
 USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, SEK, DKK, NOK, AUD , NZD, HKD, SGD.  Any fee charged by your bank or an intermediate bank will be deducted.  Our bank charges a 1,500 Yen receiving fee.
Teal Deer (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:53:11 PM

Yep, I think most people missed the point. I was referring to $20 ltcs. Anyway, I sold at $25.5 and got the same amount in at $24. Also picked up some nmc and I'll be buying as much as I can of my favourite coins while they're cheap.
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

Watching bitcoin it looks very weak and looks like it wants to go lower. Same situation as before it dropped lower than $1000.

Buying anything now you are buying with extreme risk as it is more likely to go lower at this point. I don't see a rally coming, especially considering the fact that it will only allow people to cash out. The smart money doesn't want to push for a rally and give an opportunity for people to cash out high.

I would just sit it out and wait at this point. $20 dollar litecoins are expensive.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:10:06 PM

Watching bitcoin it looks very weak and looks like it wants to go lower. Same situation as before it dropped lower than $1000.

Buying anything now you are buying with extreme risk as it is more likely to go lower at this point. I don't see a rally coming, especially considering the fact that it will only allow people to cash out. The smart money doesn't want to push for a rally and give an opportunity for people to cash out high.

I would just sit it out and wait at this point. $20 dollar litecoins are expensive.

You've been saying this for how many months now?  We get it.  You want discounted coins, who doesn't?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: