Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if...  (Read 197 times)
ArkiCrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:42:31 PM

Good day, I'm just a little bit concerned about the forum and about the spams lately and there's something that came up from my mind.
So the problem here in the forum is the spams which is came from:

1. Low rank members that joins signature campaigns from bounties. (which more likely the root of the spam since they're all just for bounties and doesn't have time to read the forums rules and doesn't really care what are the different sections here in the forum.)

2. Their freaking alt accounts that joining different bounty campaigns. (Imagine, let's say they have 3 alt accounts and every one of them joined to a certain signature campaign and all of that account are shitposter just imagine the spam.)

Well I've read somewhere here in the forum about Banning of the Bounty campaigns that pays tokens and have a campaign that only pays a cryptocurrency that's already listed or has a price like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. Well it might be a good solution but just like what I've said the traffic in the forum will reduced.

What If...

1. We stop the bounty campaigns signature campaign that pays token so the spammers will just focus on doing twitter/fb reports to a certain thread (which is the thread of the bounty they're enrolled) and an alternative is to hire a manager (Good manager) that will hold a signature campaign that pays Btc, Eth, etc. and put it to services section.
2. Implement a rule that in the forum and to bounty managers/projects that accept only a participants that has a merit for example.

Jr. Members - Needs 20 Merits
Members - Needs 30 Merits
And so on...

Negative effect:
1. Many of the shitposters will just going to send merits using their alt accounts.
2. Merit begging.
3. Merit Selling/Buying.

Positive effect:
1. The traffic will be the same.
2. The Spam will decrease.

Hey people I didn't say that all of what I've said is right, we're not sure. This is just all my Idea and I just want it to share.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

I can't speak for theymos, but from what I've seen, I expect him to choose freedom over limiting users.

I'd be in favor of it though: stop treating made-up tokens as if it's something that has a value. But as you said by yourself: you've read it somewhere else. So why create another topic on the same subject?

ArkiCrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:18:06 PM

I can't speak for theymos, but from what I've seen, I expect him to choose freedom over limiting users.
I'd be in favor of it though: stop treating made-up tokens as if it's something that has a value. But as you said by yourself: you've read it somewhere else. So why create another topic on the same subject?

According to what I've read he/she said that the bounty program that pays in token should be stopped (Meaning the whole program ex. fb & twitter campaigns, blogs, vids, etc). Well in my case the only thing to be stop is the signature program in the bounty campaign that pays token since that's the root of the spammers... The signature program in the bounty that pays token.

and besides if that can't be implemented they can just ask or implement a rule in bounties and managers that accept only participants that has a merit just like what in my example (But that only applies in the signature program.)

harryvnn

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:34:42 AM

+ I guess we need ban alt account 1st by system checking for same IP or same system. So it will reduce number of account and each people only have 1 account.
+ Signature campaign require constructive post, so it depend on evaluation of bounty manager for disqualified or qualified participants.
+ About bounty programs that pay by btc, eth, so it mean they have money before ICO. If their ICO successful, it is not problem for them to pay by btc or eth. But if they fail their soft cap and don't have money to pay by BTC or ETH. How can they pay for bounty ?

Trustlogics      〝 https://trustlogics.io/ 〞
Blockchain For Trusted And Secured Professional Data
y_stars

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:47:32 AM

In the current campaign that I'm in what they've done is have no bitcointalk post requirement to prevent spam from people trying to reach maximum post counts, but they have to be active in their Discord. I think that was a brilliant solution to the spam being produced. When you're running such a campaign, you're going to get people who just don't have the common sense.

One particular member kept copying and pasting the ann thread and spamming it on other threads, then he got angry because he was banned. Such people are big problems, and just give the particular campaign a bad name.
azvn

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:48:13 AM

Im not agree that bounty campaign have to pay for bounty in BTC and ETH. If they have BTC and ETH to pay for bounty campaign, why don't they use it for their project and apply for ICO ?
Because of insufficient fund, ICO is created, so bounty campaign have to pay in BTC and ETH, that will make project put hard cap and soft higher.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

And so on...

Negative effect:
1. Many of the shitposters will just going to send merits using their alt accounts.
2. Merit begging.
3. Merit Selling/Buying.

Positive effect:

Hey people I didn't say that all of what I've said is right, we're not sure. This is just all my Idea and I just want it to share.

The idea of merit is good enough for those who are following the rules and not spamming or making an alternative account for this issues.  Actually spam bots are made by the bounty campaign managers to use another account just to bump the post to be visible again.
ArkiCrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:28:51 AM

+ I guess we need ban alt account 1st by system checking for same IP or same system. So it will reduce number of account and each people only have 1 account.

You can't ban the users with the same IP for different reasons, for example a user is in the internet cafe and there's someone there also that is using an bitcointalk account and they're not related or some are using free VPN's to hide their identity and someone else are using it also.

Well you can't do the IP as the basis of it (In my opinion) That's why the moderators implements the fee for the IP that's been used when you're creating a Bitcointalk account.

+ About bounty programs that pay by btc, eth, so it mean they have money before ICO. If their ICO successful, it is not problem for them to pay by btc or eth. But if they fail their soft cap and don't have money to pay by BTC or ETH. How can they pay for bounty ?

Well I think yes, they will need to have a capital for running an advertisement of their projects. It's part of promoting a project, you really need to spend a little bit of money in order to find a targeted investors.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:40:22 AM

You can't ban the users with the same IP for different reasons, for example a user is in the internet cafe and there's someone there also that is using an bitcointalk account and they're not related or some are using free VPN's to hide their identity and someone else are using it also.

Well you can't do the IP as the basis of it (In my opinion) That's why the moderators implements the fee for the IP that's been used when you're creating a Bitcointalk account.
Yup. And besides, it is stated on the forum rules that alternate accounts aren't prohibited.

Some campaigns are beginning to adapt this idea but i don't really think that this'll prevent the amount of spam circulating on forum. It may lessen the number of participants in a certain bounty but not the amount of spam in the forum.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 12:53:32 PM

+ Signature campaign require constructive post, so it depend on evaluation of bounty manager for disqualified or qualified participants.

I don't think IP ban would help. So much easy to use VPN, I have tons of option. But it will make the forum slower. I guess we have to leave with spam and dumb post forever until signature campaigns are going on.

KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:24:06 PM

What If...

1. We stop the bounty campaigns signature campaign that pays token so the spammers will just focus on doing twitter/fb reports to a certain thread (which is the thread of the bounty they're enrolled) and an alternative is to hire a manager (Good manager) that will hold a signature campaign that pays Btc, Eth, etc. and put it to services section.
2. Implement a rule that in the forum and to bounty managers/projects that accept only a participants that has a merit for example.

And so on...

Negative effect:
2. Merit begging.
3. Merit Selling/Buying.

Positive effect:

I think your suggestion of stopping Bounty signature campaigns are too far to be possible.
FIRST, The ICOs, Platforms, and Crypto-related Projects do also needs the help of signature campaign as an additional way to promote their ICOs because some users here in Bitcointalk also onto investing on a certain ICO or Project they can see in users' signature. Also, not all users in here doesn't qualify in Twitter and/or Facebook campaigns of a project's Bounty.

SECOND, Bounty managers are just managers and not the bounty makers/investors/and especially they aren't the ones to pay. They just manage on who's participating and the auditors of participants' rewards. So suggesting certain currencies to be paid in their signature campaign is just them giving rewards on signature users without their ICO being successful in the long run.

And lastly, Merits nowadays are hard to gain even if you post with your maximum effort because of dozens of users also replying on a certain thread you replied. AND Spam will never decrease unless the all users are DISCIPLINED.

This merit system is enough to discipline shitposters and spammers for them to remain on their rank.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: