Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to handle Altcoin for fiat trading?  (Read 922 times)
ccoinca (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:21:35 AM

If you were to trade an altcoin for a fiat payment how would you do it? So far I haven't found much, there are some members on here who do escrow for trades not involving fiat, is there anyone smarter than me who has a solution to the escrow problem with fiat trades?

I'm searching for a more commercial type of application.

altcoin for fiat - fiat for altcoin- who pays first?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 02:25:36 AM

If you were to trade an altcoin for a fiat payment how would you do it? So far I haven't found much, there are some members on here who do escrow for trades not involving fiat, is there anyone smarter than me who has a solution to the escrow problem with fiat trades?

I'm searching for a more commercial type of application.

altcoin for fiat - fiat for altcoin- who pays first?

It was a nightmare getting getting BTC for fiat in East Europe I wouldn't dare try it with an alt coin. But who knows maybe there is a way, but I would not dare try.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:56:19 AM

i think it is usually because of the charge back methods that are doable in fiat and also sometimes it is hard to prove that fiat was paid because an escrow don't have to check the way to find out if it was paid or not.

but if your problem is that the escrow doesn't accept altcoins, then you can always escrow the same amount in bitcoin and get it back after the altcoin was paid.

Buying the dip...
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:28:26 AM

It would be too hard to go for selling your altcoins directly. First you need to convert them into bitcoins through many reputed exchanges. When you will be holding bitcoins, there will be lot of options in front of you to cash out it easily.

There are people selling PayPal by accepting your bitcoins, but you need to be very careful when dealing for reversible payment methods.

Otherwise check your country specific local exchange, for example Philippine people are having coin.ph, Pakistan is having Urdubit and for India it is Unocoins. But they must ask your documents. If you do not want to go for unveiling your identy, you may check for your local people to buy/sell bitcoins. Sometime you may find people to buy/sell your altcoins too.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:27:52 AM

I have not come across any escrow fiat, altcoins exchangers not even on this large forum. An escrow services do not have access to bank transfer or deposit and since they don't have access to fiat payment there is no way they can confirm if the payment was made or not.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:37:34 AM

It is rare to find a service that accepts the request. In my opinion you can easily do it when doing exchange to bitcoin. And once you have bitcoin then you can easily get the fiat. You can use localbitcoins service to make easy transactions. If there is an easy reason why should be complicated.
ccoinca (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:51:58 PM

a localbitcoins service for altcoins Wink
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:02:39 AM

As said above, there is no service to buy/sell alternative coins with Fiat, other than doing a trade with a member here (or any alternative coins related forum), which is not so common. Bitcoins got a lot of such services because of its popularity. This shows that no matter what alternative coins do, they wouldn't reach bitcoin's position (not even Ethereum).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:26:26 AM

I think it will be hard for you to handle that kind of trading because that is not common and the only common for altcoin trading is via bitcoin and you need to use bitcoin for you to be common and it will make your trading easier than fiat because there is a lot of exchanges that offers bitcoin to altcoin trading just like poloniex, kraken, bittrex many more.
Dailyroberts

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:37:15 AM

Hmmm altcoin/fiat... This is harder than altcoin/btc trade because you also need to take bitcoin/usd into consideration in your case.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

Hmmm altcoin/fiat... This is harder than altcoin/btc trade because you also need to take bitcoin/usd into consideration in your case.

it depends on the altcoin. for example many of the bigger altcoins have a real value in USD. for example litecoin has a USD market on many different exchanges so it has a real value, you don't have to do any math to come up with its equivalent USD value based on BTC price!

also it seems like OP is looking for a very different kind of thing, a more p2p trade which makes things a lot more complicated in a different way because fiat methods all have a reversible attribute to them.

to the moon with bitcoin...
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:26:57 AM

It depends on the exchange. Most of the exchange services provide the saving access to most of the altcoins that are listed to the trading services. And you could view the coins separately and as a whole most of the time the value is quoted in terms of bitcoin or USD.
HTracer

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:30:36 AM

Take a look at Livecion. They porvide number alt/fiat pairs. More info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151791.0
btclady

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:38:02 PM

Some exchanges at least pair the biggest altcoins with fiats.

Like kraken.com, for instance: They pair ETH with EUR, USD, CAD, GBP.
Others like DASH, ETC, GNO, REP, XMR, XRP, LTC, ZEC are all paired at least with EUR and USD.

I think it's right that most other "smaller" altcoins must first be exchanged against BTC everywhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: