Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176971 times)
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

How the PoS is working.

When you get some GrainCoins in your wallet by any means (transfer, PoW minting, the output of the previous PoS mined block) the count of coin age starts.
When a single input get 10 days old it become eligible for searching the PoS blocks. It's weight grows day-to day until it get 30 days old, then the weight remains constant until that particular input is not spent. The more weight an input has the more probability that this input generates a PoS block. When the PoS block is found using some input then a few things happens:
1) a new coinstake transaction is created;
2) if the the block that contains the original transaction is younger than 30 days, then the coinstake transaction get two outputs, i.e. the input value is split in two parts. If the block is older than 30 days, then the split does not happen;
3) if split happened and the selected input value is less than one third of current PoW block reward then extra eligible inputs are added to this transaction until the total exceeds one third of current PoW block reward;
4) then the coinstake reward is calculated based on cumulative coinage of all used inputs expressed in cents per seconds;
5) then a PoS block is created using this coinstake transaction and submitted to the network.

All used inputs are spent in the step 5. The new output(s) start their own life with zero coin age.
If the block get orphaned due to any reason, then the transaction had no place and thus the coin age of used inputs remains intact.

So, basically you need not to run your wallet 24/7 if you have no many inputs. However, you can't predict when exactly all your inputs would create a PoS blocks. The only thing you could be sure is that the wallet will not generate any PoS blocks while any of your inputs are younger than 10 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:04:40 PM

How the PoS is working.

When you get some GrainCoins in your wallet by any means (transfer, PoW minting, the output of the previous PoS mined block) the count of coin age starts.
When a single input get 10 days old it become eligible for searching the PoS blocks. It's weight grows day-to day until it get 30 days old, then the weight remains constant until that particular input is not spent. The more weight an input has the more probability that this input generates a PoS block. When the PoS block is found using some input then a few things happens:
1) a new coinstake transaction is created;
2) if the the block that contains the original transaction is younger than 30 days, then the coinstake transaction get two outputs, i.e. the input value is split in two parts. If the block is older than 30 days, then the split does not happen;
3) if split happened and the selected input value is less than one third of current PoW block reward then extra eligible inputs are added to this transaction until the total exceeds one third of current PoW block reward;
4) then the coinstake reward is calculated based on cumulative coinage of all used inputs expressed in cents per seconds;
5) then a PoS block is created using this coinstake transaction and submitted to the network.

All used inputs are spent in the step 5. The new output(s) start their own life with zero coin age.
If the block get orphaned due to any reason, then the transaction had no place and thus the coin age of used inputs remains intact.

So, basically you need not to run your wallet 24/7 if you have no many inputs. However, you can't predict when exactly all your inputs would create a PoS blocks. The only thing you could be sure is that the wallet will not generate any PoS blocks while any of your inputs are younger than 10 days.

Yeah coin age would not be an issue for all the coins are well over 10 days lol.

What I will do then is move the wallet to a miner which of course runs 24/7 and keep the wallet open. Outside of the PoS, it also adds connection to the network.

Glad to see you are working on the coin. I dont have a huge stake like many do, but heck I might even toss in a cpu or 2 at it to keep it moving.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:14:59 PM

One more thing.. this I dont understand. I noticed this long ago at first and thought it was just maturing but you will notice that many of these are not "mature" I guess is how you would say it?

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
bee7

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

One more thing.. this I dont understand. I noticed this long ago at first and thought it was just maturing but you will notice that many of these are not "mature" I guess is how you would say it?

The gray ones are orphaned blocks. In the coming version there should be less orphans.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:41:42 AM

The gray ones are orphaned blocks. In the coming version there should be less orphans.
So you can orphan PoS too? That stinks.

hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:52:56 AM

I need an elastic cryptocoin (see http://cryptonomics.org/2014/01/15/the-marginal-cost-of-cryptocurrency/ ) that I can sell grain with (okay, technical food-grade non-gmo soybeans), for fall delivery. Would the grain community be interested in me working with Bee7 to implement the code changes required to link the total 'grain' in circulation to the total world commodity grain production? (see http://petrodollar.org/ for a different kind of example)

This would, in some ways, make grain a commodity index, and then give me a cryptocoin that I can work with for selling soybeans grown in the US to China without paying corruption fees to all the high-frequency traders, hedge-fund managers, and corrupt government officials (which are mostly in the US... look at the number of former Monsanto executives with high-level positions, and number of former USDA people with large salaries from Monsanto)

I believe that only trade for goods or services creates value of money. I am open to discuss any possibilities to extend the GrainCoin applications in legal market. However, it is not completely clear now how you would like to implement the relation between total GrainCoins in circulation and the total world commodity grain production. Right now I have no time to look thoroughly the model of PetroDollar as I am behind of schedule in fixing the bugs and performance improvements. I was planning to finalize this work around the moment the network reaches block #630000 but I failed. Nevertheless, I am planning to schedule a protocol switch-over (a hard fork) on June 01, 00:00 AM GMT.

To use a cryptocoin to sell grain, I need a futures market. To have a viable futures market, the coin itself has to be able to react to changes in demand for the coins by changing the total supply of coins. There are several (proposed) ways of doing this. The biggest limitation I have seen so far is community and developer unwillingness to consider changing the coin supply dynamically based on coin demand.

What I would propose is when the average contract price for physical grain is too high (i.e., there are too many coins), that some kind of demurrage system, or destruction of transaction fees be implemented to remove coins from circulation.

When the average contract price for physical grain is too low (i.e., there are not enough coins), then increase the stake and mining block rewards, so everyone has more graincoin to bid up the price of physical grain contracts.

interesting stuff, is this still beeing discussed ?

hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:54:59 AM

by the way, just found out bee7 took over, thanks man
bee7

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:01:32 PM

So you can orphan PoS too? That stinks.

Any block may be orphaned by the block with the higher trust score. However, as I explained earlier there is no harm to accumulated coin age when the block get orphaned.
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:32:39 PM

Today I bought a few million GRA on CoinedUp. Process went ok, no problems on that, but the withdrawal part isn't the ideal since I had to transfer the coins in 100000 chunks...
We need to try and get them to raise this limit.
bee7

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:27:55 AM

Today I bought a few million GRA on CoinedUp. Process went ok, no problems on that, but the withdrawal part isn't the ideal since I had to transfer the coins in 100000 chunks...
We need to try and get them to raise this limit.

Hi bondi, I am not 100% sure that the limit is artificial. There is also a limit on total tx size. I have no idea how they implemented the withdrawal. It might be that they set this limit to minimize the number of withdrawals failed due to exceeded tx size.

@Community: I am postponing the release with expected hard fork on 5th of June. I am sorry, the real life some times takes precedence Smiley
GZCH

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:01:59 PM

What block are we ruffly at? Just redownloaded whole thing with new client and wondering if I am on wrong fork
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

What block are we ruffly at? Just redownloaded whole thing with new client and wondering if I am on wrong fork

GZCH

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:26:59 PM

Thanks, seems to be OK, but getting just orphans Sad
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:09:23 PM

I haven't forgotten about you guys Smiley

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/31/graincoin-new-developer-turning-things-around-at-midnight-tomorrow#

Share share share Smiley
alexrussel1980

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:17:41 PM

im getting this error any ideas?
makefile.unix:159: recipe for target 'obj/wallet.o' failed
make: *** [obj/wallet.o] Error 1

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

GrainCoin hard fork is scheduled to take place on June 1st at midnight GMT

new developer, bee7, has implemented a lot of fixes for the protocol, and testing is currently underway

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
bee7

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:32:49 AM

GrainCoin hard fork is scheduled to take place on June 1st at midnight GMT

new developer, bee7, has implemented a lot of fixes for the protocol, and testing is currently underway

@Community: I am postponing the release with expected hard fork on 5th of June. I am sorry, the real life some times takes precedence Smiley

im getting this error any ideas?
makefile.unix:159: recipe for target 'obj/wallet.o' failed
make: *** [obj/wallet.o] Error 1

Please, create the src/obj folder - it should fix the problem.
bee7

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:41:16 AM

I need an elastic cryptocoin (see http://cryptonomics.org/2014/01/15/the-marginal-cost-of-cryptocurrency/ ) that I can sell grain with (okay, technical food-grade non-gmo soybeans), for fall delivery. Would the grain community be interested in me working with Bee7 to implement the code changes required to link the total 'grain' in circulation to the total world commodity grain production? (see http://petrodollar.org/ for a different kind of example)

This would, in some ways, make grain a commodity index, and then give me a cryptocoin that I can work with for selling soybeans grown in the US to China without paying corruption fees to all the high-frequency traders, hedge-fund managers, and corrupt government officials (which are mostly in the US... look at the number of former Monsanto executives with high-level positions, and number of former USDA people with large salaries from Monsanto)

I believe that only trade for goods or services creates value of money. I am open to discuss any possibilities to extend the GrainCoin applications in legal market. However, it is not completely clear now how you would like to implement the relation between total GrainCoins in circulation and the total world commodity grain production. Right now I have no time to look thoroughly the model of PetroDollar as I am behind of schedule in fixing the bugs and performance improvements. I was planning to finalize this work around the moment the network reaches block #630000 but I failed. Nevertheless, I am planning to schedule a protocol switch-over (a hard fork) on June 01, 00:00 AM GMT.

To use a cryptocoin to sell grain, I need a futures market. To have a viable futures market, the coin itself has to be able to react to changes in demand for the coins by changing the total supply of coins. There are several (proposed) ways of doing this. The biggest limitation I have seen so far is community and developer unwillingness to consider changing the coin supply dynamically based on coin demand.

What I would propose is when the average contract price for physical grain is too high (i.e., there are too many coins), that some kind of demurrage system, or destruction of transaction fees be implemented to remove coins from circulation.

When the average contract price for physical grain is too low (i.e., there are not enough coins), then increase the stake and mining block rewards, so everyone has more graincoin to bid up the price of physical grain contracts.

interesting stuff, is this still beeing discussed ?

I think, yes it is, feel free to say your thoughts, ask questions. However, I am not sure that this is the right thing to do with GrainCoin. It has completely different emission model from the initial idea of the GrainCoin. Also, it seems that this can not be implemented in a way when no humans are involved into the decision taking process: when to reduce emission/rise comission and vice versa. However, the thought is interesting and we could elaborate the specification for a new coin with these specific properties.
alexrussel1980

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:09:11 PM

Please, create the src/obj folder - it should fix the problem.

nah it doesn't work Sad

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:39:05 AM

Grain now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the alt coins to help you quickly find facts and links about your favorite coin.

http://coinwik.org/Grain

If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: