Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50552 times)
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 12:32:08 PM

Now it's part of 2016 as well.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johncclarke

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:19:58 PM

Cryptsy is a diseased pile of crap that should be wiped off this earth.. this exchange will follow MtGox eventually and be brought to justice.

After months and months of fighting with them to give me back my BTC and them accusing me of "intentionally abusing" their system, they liquidated my account and took all my remaining coins which I was forced to leave there and I had hoped would be worth something again one day so I could at least get *some* of my investment back.

So, in short: Double spend bug bought twice the amount of QRK I wanted. Instead of selling immediately, I read people were losing money and decided I'll contact their support so they can sort it and others won't lose coin. It frustratingly took them more than 30 days to respond during which time QRK value dropped significantly. BitJohn said in a IRC chat I should be happy because they "lent" me QRK. I wasn't, I was infuriated because my account was in negative BTC and I couldn't remove the QRK either. So, I gave up and decided to wait. Lo and behold, I logged into my account yesterday and found ALL my QRK was sold on 6 March 2014. I contacted their support asking them WTF was going on, here is their response:

Hello *******,

You bought more QRK than you had money for. You then left your account inactive , with a negative BTC balance for several months. Your account was liquidated to try to recoup some of our losses after you abused your account.  This is your ledger of your running BTC balance, you can see where you intentionally abused the system.

<lots of transactions here>

It is also your responsibility to check your balances as you trade and to not trade more than you own. Please deposit the BTC your account is negative to bring your account back into good standing.

Thank you,

Horus
Cryptsy Security
www.Cryptsy.com

So, you can say whatever you want about what I should've done, what I could've done better etc but here are the facts:

• I tried to be a honest trader by logging a ticket rather than selling. If I sold, I would made more profit than I should've.
  • I was worried that if I "cheated" the exchange, I'd have my account closed down for exploitation/hacking
  • I have been repeatedly accused by 3 different staff members saying I "intentionally" tried to cheat the system, even after I've exhaustively explained what happened
  • My initial BTC investment is gone because of a double spend bug in their exchange
  • The QRK I had left behind is now gone too
  • They want me to deposit an additional amount of BTC to bring my account into "good standing"

FACT: Cryptsy will not take responsibility for their bugs, they will assume you exploited their exchange (does not matter how well you explain yourself and reference to logs / evidence), they will hold whatever coin you have and sell it without authorization (they didn't even send me an email advising me they'll be doing it. I had no warning.) to recoup "their" supposed loss. This exchange operates like a criminal enterprise and all off this within the borders of the United States.

Please listen carefully: Cryptsy will be shutdown eventually. Especially once they start taking USD deposits. Make sure your funds are NOT on Cryptsy when this happens. Don't give me the opportunity to say "I told you so, now shut the fuck up."

I haven't logged into Bitcointalk for so long, but felt compelled after I saw an article about Cryptsy wanting to file bankruptcy. And their blog: http://blog.cryptsy.com/

So, just wanted to come here and tell everyone that defended them.. that, well... I TOLD YOU SO. Eat it. Take this failure and learn from. Listen a bit more next time and stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Hopefully there were at least a few people that listened and got the hell out of this exchange run by criminals. For the rest of you that saw this thread but still continued using them, you deserve every ounce of pain this has caused you.

Here's hoping this goes further and BigVern and his lackeys end up in jail. Too bad BitJohn left before this went down, he was just as useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: