Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:52:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dictators using blockchain - threat to democracy?  (Read 160 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:08:53 AM

Well, what can you do exactly to stop dictators from using it? Doing anything to prevent certain groups from using Ethereum or NEM as a platform really isn't an option.
I really find this a weird question, just because 'blockchain', as you call it, isn't controlled by any central authority. So how can you prevent someone from using it?

Wether it's okay or not is besides the point completely, it really doesn't matter if anyone thinks it's okay or not.

Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

If you don't want about their way of doing crypto business then I think it would be best for you not to engaged too much on them since your just stressing yourself, look for other blockchain wherein you can exercise your democracy freedom and all.
apelopus

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:33:49 PM

Some blockchain technologies support dictatorships around the world, thus help them evolve. For example, NEM was involved in creation of El petro in collaboration with Venezuelan government, which is obviously a dictatorship, and gained support from non-democratic Russia. It also tries to establish blockchain in failed states, such as Abkhazia, and Armenia, where political stability leaves much to be desired.
Is it ok for dictators to possess blockchain or is it an obvious threat to democracy? What do you think?

Blockchain technology can be used freely and without a doubt can get into the hands of different regimes, but “a threat to democracy”? It seems to me you don’t quite understand how blockchain really works. However, NEM’s involvement in some shadowy projects is unquestionable and I’m really concerned about it
edisonali

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:48:57 PM

I think you are overthinking on this matter. There is nothing to be so worried about it.There are many dictators who are involved with the crypto market. They are the big whales and they have much influence on bitcoin but this will not bring any harm to bitcoin or democracy. Take them as simple investors. Harming bitcoin will not be profitable for them too.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:07:06 AM

Some blockchain technologies support dictatorships around the world, thus help them evolve. For example, NEM was involved in creation of El petro in collaboration with Venezuelan government, which is obviously a dictatorship, and gained support from non-democratic Russia. It also tries to establish blockchain in failed states, such as Abkhazia, and Armenia, where political stability leaves much to be desired.
Is it ok for dictators to possess blockchain or is it an obvious threat to democracy? What do you think?

I think you should read more books and stop watching the news. By the way dictators are using air to breathe and water for drinking, do you think air and water are the treatment for democracy?
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:50:30 PM

Mentally speaking, when someone hears the word "Dictatorship", it will raise or create negative point of view where a huge number of people are willing to express their thoughts. Dictators using blockchain will never be a threat to democracy. Does a blockchain have that kind of power like a super hero does? I mean, I never understand your question why a dictator using blockchain will be related to democracy.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

You lack the fundamental knowledge of democracy and Independence.
No countries and no leader are totally democratic or dictator.
You can argue anyone to be a dictator or not.
Similarly you can argue about the use of crypto.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
collins_89

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:41:02 PM

I don't think that this could be a threat. The cryptocurrency market is a decentralized system and it runs on it's own policies. Dictators getting involved in investments of this field will not make quite a difference.
carhasger

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

The Blockchain technology, in the hands of a dictator, is the perfect tool to exercise absolute control over the population and economy in the 21st century. The undue use of Blockchain would allow a dictator to reinforce corruption and maintain absolute control of the financial system by making maneuvers completely anonymous. You can examine El Petro and Maduro situation as an example
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

the firmness as elite of county with distinct on customs of characteristics to goes on decision as extending use with the tasks of release as disputing request of appreciation to returns with the arrange as the modulation to work on projection.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
sterling.lily

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:05:51 PM

I think that dictators are using blockchain is democracy and not a threat. In my opinion dictators will help the crypto world and users of crypto world will be benefited by it.
carhasger

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:49:53 PM

I think that dictators are using blockchain is democracy and not a threat. In my opinion dictators will help the crypto world and users of crypto world will be benefited by it.
I don't think they help much. Take Venezuela's Petro and other initiatives. FAILED
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: