Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black arrow prospero x-1???  (Read 11219 times)
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Because Black Arrow are a small company, and they decided to offload the smaller orders on to regional resellers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:42:30 PM

Because Black Arrow are a small company, and they decided to offload the smaller orders on to regional resellers.

So the resellers will have the option to buy 1,2 etc

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:43:56 PM

No, they buy ten, and then sell them individually.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

Where does it say that?

It doesn't but they are interviewing candidates.

Oh ok

Minimum quantity for "Prospero X-1 (100Ghash/second)" is 10.

Why is minimum 10?, 2 is more than enough for me to get started with

As for questions asked daily, this one is asked at LEAST 3 times a day...

Why should they deal with 3000 $300 deals? either buy 10 or as this and every other thread states, goto Minesource to buy one.

The BA guy's have enough to do, dealing with a crap load of micro orders is just silly. Lucky they are even Offering a 100gh option, all the other guy's at simply offering TH now.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:46:15 PM

Just a note, minersource say they deliver by ups which also do another charge on delivery
Happened recently when i bought something from usa, wasnt happy..

300 gh will still make a decent roi by the end of feb...

I am gonna wait for the uk reseller

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:39:05 PM

UPs work's well for the seller. But sucks for any international buyer, a $350 package to canada get's a $120+ fee on delivery..

Minesource I'd suggest using another service!
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:43:58 PM

Black Arrow are happy to deliver by EMS which generally seems to attract no import duty in the UK at least.
Tasweb

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:21:57 AM

Link no longer works. Doesn't look as if Miner Source are selling X-1's any more.

TinkerTom

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:42:55 AM

Link no longer works. Doesn't look as if Miner Source are selling X-1's any more.

They recently redesigned their website. I'd suggest you always try the bare domain and go from there. Here's the new page for the X-1:

https://www.minersource.net/products/black-arrow-prospero-x-1-100gh-slash-s
Tasweb

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:02:21 AM

They recently redesigned their website. I'd suggest you always try the bare domain and go from there.

Ah ha! Looks like they have changed their back end. When I made my order a few weeks ago it redirected to their store. I poked around there and couldn't find the X-1. Used to be sent to https://store-6uhgey79.mybigcommerce.com

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:41:05 PM

it would be a good if you had it in your hands now, as of march it won't be that profitable unless bitcoin prices go high. if you are looking to make money, just buy some btc and sit on it for a year.

I'm new here but why do I see so many replies like this in the MINING section of the forum?  I would think people for the most part know that they can buy/trade BTC...I mean if that was what he wanted to do he would just do it.

I'm not trying to be rude...just curious.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
TechByPC

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:17:43 PM

it would be a good if you had it in your hands now, as of march it won't be that profitable unless bitcoin prices go high. if you are looking to make money, just buy some btc and sit on it for a year.

I'm new here but why do I see so many replies like this in the MINING section of the forum?  I would think people for the most part know that they can buy/trade BTC...I mean if that was what he wanted to do he would just do it.

People deeply invested in mining equipment who don't want to see any more sold because it affects the difficulty level/their profitability. They don't really care about saving us from ourselves. Even if they might be correct.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:56:05 PM

People deeply invested in mining equipment who don't want to see any more sold because it affects the difficulty level/their profitability. They don't really care about saving us from ourselves. Even if they might be correct.

It is correct because you take on a lot more risk by going down the mining route.

TechByPC

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:27:01 PM

Everyone trying to "save" potential future miners thinks that the only reason anyone would ever want to get into this is to make a positive ROI in BTC on their investment into mining equipment. There are a whole slew of other reasons people want to get involved, not the least of which is a return in fiat currency.

The term Return On Investment is abused so badly in this forum. Everything you do gets an ROI, so someone telling you "it will never ROI" has no clue what they are talking about and should be summarily ignored. If I invest $100 and get back $1, my return on investment is -99%. Or, my overall return is negative $99. If I invest in model rocketry, I burn up a few dollars every time I launch a rocket. There is no financial return on investment for the money I spend there, but there is still an ROI that can be calculated. If I spend $60 on a USB Block Erupter, I may earn back a dollar or two on that hobby. In the mean time who is to say I didn't enjoy having it, playing around with pools and other alt currency, maybe mining against CEX.IO for a bit and trading some small amount there. Part of the return on investment is subjective, and not quantifiable. It was enjoyment, same as the model rocketry hobby.

The thing the big miners have forgotten is that at small amounts this is a fun hobby. It all changes when you (over) extend yourself in one way or another to buy a big quantity of mining equipment. It is no longer fun. Instead it is a race against time to make that money back.

My suggestion is this: If you see this as a hobby, invest in anything you can afford to lose and don't worry about making all your money back on it. Enjoy this for what it is. If you already invested your life savings and you saw this as your way to make it big so you don't have to work anymore: Sorry, you are screwed, and people will eventually learn to ignore their FUD about mining.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:32:33 AM

Everyone trying to "save" potential future miners thinks that the only reason anyone would ever want to get into this is to make a positive ROI in BTC on their investment into mining equipment. There are a whole slew of other reasons people want to get involved, not the least of which is a return in fiat currency.

The term Return On Investment is abused so badly in this forum. Everything you do gets an ROI, so someone telling you "it will never ROI" has no clue what they are talking about and should be summarily ignored. If I invest $100 and get back $1, my return on investment is -99%. Or, my overall return is negative $99. If I invest in model rocketry, I burn up a few dollars every time I launch a rocket. There is no financial return on investment for the money I spend there, but there is still an ROI that can be calculated. If I spend $60 on a USB Block Erupter, I may earn back a dollar or two on that hobby. In the mean time who is to say I didn't enjoy having it, playing around with pools and other alt currency, maybe mining against CEX.IO for a bit and trading some small amount there. Part of the return on investment is subjective, and not quantifiable. It was enjoyment, same as the model rocketry hobby.

The thing the big miners have forgotten is that at small amounts this is a fun hobby. It all changes when you (over) extend yourself in one way or another to buy a big quantity of mining equipment. It is no longer fun. Instead it is a race against time to make that money back.

My suggestion is this: If you see this as a hobby, invest in anything you can afford to lose and don't worry about making all your money back on it. Enjoy this for what it is. If you already invested your life savings and you saw this as your way to make it big so you don't have to work anymore: Sorry, you are screwed, and people will eventually learn to ignore their FUD about mining.

I fail to understand how plugging in a usb device is considered a hobby.. I agree with everyone on this forum who mine btc to make a profit. Many bitcoin miners have seen a positive ROI even in terms of btc if they were lucky.
Scyntech

Activity: 349

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:54:51 AM

I fail to understand how plugging in a usb device is considered a hobby.. I agree with everyone on this forum who mine btc to make a profit. Many bitcoin miners have seen a positive ROI even in terms of btc if they were lucky.

Sort of the same as people overclocking their PC's. Technically your wasting money, but for the enthusiasts it well worth the fun. Plugging in the USB miners is the same thing. Pushing numbers to how far you can get with a certain type of setup. They may or may not make money, but in their eyes it's just plain fun.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
jimmothy

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:50:50 AM

Sort of the same as people overclocking their PC's. Technically your wasting money, but for the enthusiasts it well worth the fun. Plugging in the USB miners is the same thing. Pushing numbers to how far you can get with a certain type of setup. They may or may not make money, but in their eyes it's just plain fun.

How is overclocking wasting money? In many cases overclocking saves money and yeilds higher performance. Usb miners are obviously for enthusiasts but that is just about it in my opinion. If you bought just about any other asic around the time of release you either reached ROI or came very close and selling the asic later would just add to the roi.
Slander

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:16:22 AM

How is overclocking wasting money? In many cases overclocking saves money and yeilds higher performance. Usb miners are obviously for enthusiasts but that is just about it in my opinion. If you bought just about any other asic around the time of release you either reached ROI or came very close and selling the asic later would just add to the roi.

HOLY FUCK PEOPLE!! There are about 96 billion ways to make money. IF you NEED to make more money, work harder or get a better job. Jesus, how hard is this to comprehend? Jibber jabbing about 'ROI' and bitcoin and 'asics' etc....seriously? All the time you spend here discussing your delusions could have been spent doing 'real' work and making real money. If you think you are are going to get rich with bitcoin you are probably someone who also buys lottery tickets. Sure, someone will get rich, probably not you, fool. Have fun with all this but re-fucking-lax!
jimmothy

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:45:13 AM

HOLY FUCK PEOPLE!! There are about 96 billion ways to make money. IF you NEED to make more money, work harder or get a better job. Jesus, how hard is this to comprehend? Jibber jabbing about 'ROI' and bitcoin and 'asics' etc....seriously? All the time you spend here discussing your delusions could have been spent doing 'real' work and making real money. If you think you are are going to get rich with bitcoin you are probably someone who also buys lottery tickets. Sure, someone will get rich, probably not you, fool. Have fun with all this but re-fucking-lax!

I think you're on the wrong forum...
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:35:28 PM

Lmao, ugh think you should go back to the xbox forums bud Smiley
People mine to make money, anyone who is mining and fails to make money, in turn calling it a hobby is just trying to save face. Because they chose to ignore everyone's advice and bought one anyway thinking they know better.
The people buying them on ebay are NOT in it for the hobby, they are moron's who don't understand how the difficulty work and are looking for a quick buck.

As for overclocking. how is getting more performance, for video editing, photoshopping, video gaming, for the same price as less power, A waste of money?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: