Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fees  (Read 671 times)
Welhell

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

How are the Bitcoin fees for transactions compared to the fees for ethereum ? I researched about the fees, but I would like to know  perspectives for future, and how different coins are basing their fees. I know both coins have a huge growing potential, which is good, but the down side is related to the fees.

Fees are approximately the same for both of them, if we caculate it with Bitcoin or ETH. But, if we caculate it with USD price, Bitcoin's fee is more expensive than ETH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

I can say that it depends on your bitcoin price. If the bitcoin price is higher then the transaction fee will be also high but if the bitcoin price is lower then the transaction fee is lower too. It is the part of the cryptocurrency of our world.
pilnenkii

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:08:34 PM

The transaction fee is extremely low. It is based on modern blockchain technology. This is an excellent opportunity for investors to easily enter the crypto currency market. In the future, bitcoin will attract investors more and more.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:47:06 PM

How are the Bitcoin fees for transactions compared to the fees for ethereum ? I researched about the fees, but I would like to know  perspectives for future, and how different coins are basing their fees. I know both coins have a huge growing potential, which is good, but the down side is related to the fees.

As far I know, bitcoin fees more expensive as long bitcoin price getting higher but its still far lowest than banks fee when bitcoin price below $10k. Ethereum is more lower fee than bitcoin because as far i know ethreum price more lower than bitcoin.
But for transaction and transfer fund all around the world, transfer fee on bitcoin and ethereum is lower than banks fee
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

I have seen some interesting articles about cryptocurrency fees and I can say that there is some project startup that is working to address this. currently, bitcoin lightening network allow transaction of bitcoin with moderately small fees. also from experience the transaction fee paid depend on the type of wallet you are using and how fast you want your coin to be delivered. I use bitpay and I pay as small as 0.25 dollars for sending around 300 dollars. the fee can be reduced but the transaction rate will be slower
lotakasa

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:58:45 AM

The bitcoin fee will increasingly be proportional to its value
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:15:26 PM

one thing for sure, you will lose your Gas (transaction fee) when your transaction failed caused by too low fees
with bitcoin, you won't lose your transaction fee when your transaction dropped by all nodes
ethereum gas is based on computational work of contract/transaction while bitcoin fee is based on transaction size

mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

I think if the transaction fee is reasonable, other coin coins also use transaction costs as well.
BitcoinGirlOlga
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:49:20 AM

Higher the bitcoin price the higher it will be for the fee from the transaction process and it has become part of cryptocurrency!!!
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

bitcoin is have the expensive fee and the slower confirmation time than Ethereum, why? because we can see that bitcoin is have the more user than Ethereum and of course the queue of the transaction will be more than ethereum, it makes the fee and the time is slower than bitcoin

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Saritelli

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:06:16 AM

Transactions in the network bitcoin are now not very expensive. But soon it will introduce lightning and this will make bitcoin much stronger. Transactions will be very cheap and will go very quickly.
mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

I think all the transaction costs are there, as well as other coin coins, and transactions. bitcoin is probably still standard, and other coins are the same, and that's partly for our future using bitcoin.
kotulo

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:21:07 AM

I think the transaction fee should be low
It will attract more investors in the future
maneka

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:08:59 PM

Bitcoin fees are decreasing:
- Fewer transactions result in lower transaction costs, which ensures that users integrate their bitcoin (BTC) into their SegWit account. Transactions from a SegWit benefit from lower transaction costs.
- Some commercial players have begun to see the benefits of using a BTC as a coin, though Steam and Stripe now reduce the cost of bitcoin payments and its volatility. Both companies accept bitcoin for bulk transactions, low value, and will continue to use bitcoin as a payment option.
- These payments may continue to be pushed down to the future Lightning Network (LN), a two-way payment channel, locking up time allowing almost free transactions. WooCommerce shows an active LN channel, although the LN solution is still in the testing phase in further development and testing.
- Lightning Network is a scalable bitcoin solution that makes bitcoin network more flexible and improves speed and transaction costs.
However, larger deals, such as real estate transactions in Miami and New York, school fees, even attorney fees continue to be paid by bitcoin. A Montessori school in New York even ranks bitcoin and ethereum on par with other cash or prepay transactions, and does not accept credit cards.
satriagedhe

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:33:24 PM

want added the info , in exchanger the bitcoin fee like 50 k satoshi - 100 k satoshi or like 3,3$-6,6$
and for etherum like 0.005 eth or 2.4$
da7a1oad3r

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

Heard a lot of stories when a people been paying with BTC for something and the fee were two times higher the price Grin
aliichaudhary

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:14:49 PM

For transaction cost issues between bitcoin and ethereum I also choose to use ethereum in transactions, because ethereum is cheaper to use.
etron

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:22:05 PM

I think for both the coins are the same as etherum or bitcoin and here we as users are just to make a profit and to improve our lives from adversity so both coins are very important to make a profit. but if you want to search for profound profits do investment in bitcoin because bitcoin is the number one virtual currency.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

So, bitcoin fees are really depends on the value of bitcoin. Like of bitcoib goes up the bitcoin fess will also goes up quite. And when the bitcoin drops then that is the time bitcoin fees will go down. Bitcoin value and bitcoin fees are directly proportional. And with bitcoin fees it is the only way of income of some websites so it's like you gain you share.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 08:53:19 PM

Low transaction fee is one of the strengths that ethereum has over bitcoin but it will take a long while for ethereum to out weighs bitcoin's potential.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: