Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 1548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3097548 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:24:44 AM

Now a millionaire question:

Now we are around 60 percent 500.000 reward coins mined. What will happen now?
nothing much.  we've mined < 30% of all possible dogecoins, so it's only getting started.  

most speculators don't know how to mine, don't know what mining involves, and don't know what a 'block reward' is.  halving block rewards doesn't make a difference to a non-miner.

dogecoin is more likely to experience a pump and dump on the day when block rewards are halved.  this will likely be done by a group of 'whales'  that will take advantage of people speculating on dogecoins.  

otoh, someone taking an investor approach to dogecoin will largely ignore the day-to-day pumps, dumps, and flux, and live their life.  

But are you a miner or are you just taking information looking at the charts?. I think that if there is halving of block rewards the miners who cannot acomplish with the difficulty of mining the coin after its price increases will make them think that maybe it's not so worth or affordable which makes a difference with the persons who have directly bought the coin and make transactions with it (in trade or buying/selling large quantity of different things hopefully in the future as there is no future for doge in any other way). Those persons expect the coins to have a real value the same way miners do, but the difference is in the people that buy it make it with money (USD, EURO, etc) and not with electricity and code...
you're preaching to the choir.  while i agree with certain aspects of what you're saying about the benefits of mining, that is really beside the point with respect to the price jumping after the block rewards halve in february.  

nobody has given an actual reason why the currency value should go up:  halving the block reward only reduces the future earnings, and does not reflect on the present inventory of dogecoin.   There is no shortage of dogecoins now, nor will there be in february. 

halving the block rewards means something quantifiable to miners, and means dick all to investors. the only thing that i predict will happen when the block rewards are halved is a bunch of speculators will use this as an opportunity to artificially inflate the price.  I'm using this opportunity to warn people that speculate on dogecoin not be drawn-in to this future pump-and-dump opportunity.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:31:22 AM

Maybe he to 'll start accepting DOGEcoin in his Subway... or maybe all Subway franchises should accept DOGE payments

Why not. I'd vote for that.  Food is a great item to purchase with Dogecoins. 

Purchase houses, cars, and yachts with BTC and everything under $1000 with DOGE.  Wink
fcrypto7

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:36:09 AM

"We are very pleased to allow you to purchase a copy of Vox using either Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin."

http://www.vox-game.com/buy-with-crypto-coins/
flinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:08:11 AM

nobody has given an actual reason why the currency value should go up:  halving the block reward only reduces the future earnings, and does not reflect on the present inventory of dogecoin.   There is no shortage of dogecoins now, nor will there be in february.  

halving the block rewards means something quantifiable to miners, and means dick all to investors. the only thing that i predict will happen when the block rewards are halved is a bunch of speculators will use this as an opportunity to artificially inflate the price.  I'm using this opportunity to warn people that speculate on dogecoin not be drawn-in to this future pump-and-dump opportunity.  

When the difficulty goes up, the price has to as well to compensate miners who are now receiving a lot less coins/hashrate. If it doesn't, you'll lose a lot of mining power until the difficulty drops to a level that's appropriate for the price level. Doge has too much momentum to die from block halving, at least not this time, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent amount of hash power remaining, which will drive the price and difficulty up. I'm expecting peaks of 1000+, averaging out at 600-700. That's not sustainable at a price of say 20-30 sat. Long term the price will have to go up for the coin not to die.
Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:11:19 AM

Now a millionaire question:

Now we are around 60 percent 500.000 reward coins mined. What will happen now?
nothing much.  we've mined < 30% of all possible dogecoins, so it's only getting started.  

most speculators don't know how to mine, don't know what mining involves, and don't know what a 'block reward' is.  halving block rewards doesn't make a difference to a non-miner.

dogecoin is more likely to experience a pump and dump on the day when block rewards are halved.  this will likely be done by a group of 'whales'  that will take advantage of people speculating on dogecoins.  

otoh, someone taking an investor approach to dogecoin will largely ignore the day-to-day pumps, dumps, and flux, and live their life.  

But are you a miner or are you just taking information looking at the charts?. I think that if there is halving of block rewards the miners who cannot acomplish with the difficulty of mining the coin after its price increases will make them think that maybe it's not so worth or affordable which makes a difference with the persons who have directly bought the coin and make transactions with it (in trade or buying/selling large quantity of different things hopefully in the future as there is no future for doge in any other way). Those persons expect the coins to have a real value the same way miners do, but the difference is in the people that buy it make it with money (USD, EURO, etc) and not with electricity and code...
you're preaching to the choir.  while i agree with certain aspects of what you're saying about the benefits of mining, that is really beside the point with respect to the price jumping after the block rewards halve in february.  

Simple logic.  When mining rewards are cut in half there will be less Dogecoin dumping from miners.  If the amount being sold is reduced and the demand remains the same then price will increase.  Economics 101.

Many holders may want to dump their coins when price reaches higher levels but they are at risk of losing as price may continue to rise.

Not all Dogecoin buyers are day traders. Many people will hoard their coins in belief that it will rise 10,000% +.  As the community continues to grow, you will also see many new long term investors.   If Dogecoin continues to go viral and you get enough long term investors there is no place to go except to the moon.

And even when it reaches the moon not everyone will sell because others will want blast off to other planets.  Cheesy

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:50:20 AM

What's the moon?

Where could this possibly go? $0.01 USD?

Where do you see DOGE in 12 months?
galtbit

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:37:36 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 02:58:58 AM by galtbit

Hello community:  I hate to do this, but I am deleting my account from stuffcoins.com that had an ongoing auction I was having for a 1 oz. American Silver Eagle.  I have tried to contact the website owner for the past few days like others have tried in regards to missing DOGE payments etc. and no one is responding via the website, reddit, and bitcointailk PM.  I don't want someone sending in DOGE to the website if no one is even responding to emails or support.  I hope he straightens things out and gets it working properly.  I deleted my account but the auction is still up(!)  I like helping any new entrepreneur out there any way I can especially if they are dealing with DOGE.

Meanwhile I am moving my business to www.cryptoalley.com which lists auctions, has instant payments Coinpaymnets, and the owner replies to all my questions and emails.  I opened a store there and am listing more things on there.  I do not own them.  My store is:

http://www.cryptoalley.com/the-coiner-store,name,100012,user_id,shop

Lets all support as many businesses as we can that accept DOGE. Much thanks.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:29:12 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:41:03 AM by kalus

Simple logic.  When mining rewards are cut in half there will be less Dogecoin dumping from miners.  If the amount being sold is reduced and the demand remains the same then price will increase.  Economics 101.
not if the asset has no intrinsic value.  you cannot apply logic to a market that operates illogically.  

simply, crypto currencies (not just dogecoin) fluctuate for no reason other than manipulation and hype.  there is no coherence in the market, therefore there is no way you can forecast what something will be worth.  there is no guarantee the currency will go up, or dogecoin2 be released a week b4 the block halves.  we can say it may go up slightly, but compared to the effects of whales manipulating a pump and dump, we will feel the effects of manipulation, rather than the block halving.  

cryptos are a supply-side market.  there are always more dogecoins being produced (at least for the next 18 months or so).  even worse:  there are always NEW CRYPTOS coming out, and there is no barrier to market entry.  we can argue that doge has a strong community, but that is also not financial reasoning, rather argumentum ad populum.  

there is no indicator i've seen that shows that demand for dogecoin will outpace supply.  it certainly isn't now.  and nothing you've stated indicates that supply will not always exceed demand.  for all we know, in 1 month the demand of dogecoin could crash.  due to the illogical nature of the cryptomarket that is based on nothing but speculation, it is just as likely this will happen as what you've stated.

the balance between supply and demand only holds true if there are not new supply being generated, but more importantly, if there are no other alternatives.  we could easily be trading kittehcoin or coinye or whatever new currency exists.  to deny that possibility is to have drank the dogecoin koolaid.  while loyalty does have merits, it does not make for good investment choices.  look at the catcoin thread if you want a case study of people that held on too long to an investment. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:33:37 AM

What's the moon?

Next crypto bubble I fully expected something between $0.005 - $0.01
flinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:34:42 AM

What's the moon?

Lets look at http://coinmarketcap.com/. Given that I don't think Doge's going to overtake LTC, that means a more attainable and optimistic target is Peercoin. It's been in existence since august 2012, so quite a bit more than a year. It has a market cap that's approx. 10 times that of Doge, so in a bit over a year, we may see rates of 300-500 sat. Or 0.0038 USD based on the site above. A million doge would then be worth $3800 or so. To achieve that however, we need more shops and sites actually taking dogecoin as payment. The high block halving rate may work to the currency's detriment however, since in a little over year from now (april '15), all the coins will have been mined and we'll be left with transactions. At that point, the transaction fees will probably have to be raised for it to be profitable to run a miner and sustain the network, or the coin will die from lack of hashing power and transactions taking too long.

Actually looking at the numbers, I realized that in the one month since I started, I made about 500k doge (of which 300k is stuck on Coins-E, grr), will probably hit 1 million at the halving. So 1.5 M total at the second halving, then 1.75, 1.87, 1.93, closing on 2 million by the end. That's with 2x 7950s.  I predict we'll lose a lot of hashing power around the 3rd halving as the difference between 1.87 and 1.75 is a measly 7% - or 12.5% of the final coin count. At that point people will be jumping ship in droves for more profitable alt coins, if they haven't already.
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:29:05 AM

I forgot about this thread, for those of you that haven't come over to the dogecoin subreddit, its literally the best site on the net! http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:33:48 AM

What was your first crypto coin?

I am conducting a research to see how many people's first coin was Dogecoin.

Check out the thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418450

Voted.

How many are Dogelionair?

Thanks. I don't know, a lot of people are Dogelionairs. A lot of people.

Vote for your first Crypto Coin here:

CoinGeneral

The General

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:35:34 AM

What's the moon?

moon is 0.01 for most

That's crazy.... $0.01 USD per Doge... I don't think I will sell at that price though... For me $0.10 is the moon.

$1.00 is to the end of the solar system.

mashac

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

What's happening??? How is Doge holding this value??  It's Impossible!!!
scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:08:45 AM

nothing is impossible when your on the doge train.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Madychoux

Activity: 212

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:16:57 AM

What was your first crypto coin?

I am conducting a research to see how many people's first coin was Dogecoin.

Check out the thread here:

Voted.

How many are Dogelionair?

Thanks. I don't know, a lot of people are Dogelionairs. A lot of people.

I am a multi-Dogelionair :-)
bazzip

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:19:00 AM

Dogecoin represents what I love about the world.  The primecoin/peercoin guy and a bunch of others can try to design whatever but whats big is always what appeals to the vast majority of people.  You cant design that.  It usually happens unexpected and by accident.  It wont be Bitcoin - Litecoin - Dogecoin.  It will be Bitcoin - Dogecoin - Litecoin.  Old people always disregard whats big with the 20 somethings and younger.  Its a repeat mistake thats made every generation.  The 30 somethings and older never learn.

DOGE wallet address:  DSyvezAiSdTjQpcTCDarNftZxw3nvSGFrv
SaraMine

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:24:09 AM

What's happening??? How is Doge holding this value??  It's Impossible!!!

Dogecoin represents what I love about the world.  The primecoin/peercoin guy and a bunch of others can try to design whatever but whats big is always what appeals to the vast majority of people.  You cant design that.  It usually happens unexpected and by accident.  It wont be Bitcoin - Litecoin - Dogecoin.  It will be Bitcoin - Dogecoin - Litecoin.  Old people always disregard whats big with the 20 somethings and younger.  Its a repeat mistake thats made every generation.  The 30 somethings and older never learn.

I think Bitcoin - Litecoin - Dogecoin is ok...i dont think dogecoin will overtake dogecoin...but beeing in 3 place is great!

hunkster

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:29:33 AM

I am a multi-Dogelionair :-)

how multi are we talking about? Wink

eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:22:07 AM

You know, I feel a bit frustrated when I read about all these multi-dogelionairs hanging around. I only recently just started mining but my old nvidia card won't give me more than 10kh/s at the most and it keeps on crashing. Wish I had the money to buy a new AMD card but can't afford it Sad

It sucks when you know you have the opportunity of making money but don't have enough money to do so.  Undecided

Would be grateful if you could donate some coins: DHWVQxLZdRs9nHWg814odb5YTJb6GTXLKx
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 1548 »
  Print  

Jump to: