Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMC] EMERCOIN — Blockchain Service Platform. PoS&PoW | BTC merge-mined  (Read 393644 times)
soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 04:28:31 AM

But looks as someone try to pump on LiveCoin

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 08:15:29 AM

Can someone explain us why the price collapse many weeks now...? Embarrassed
It looks like someone try to drop Emercoin...
I want to know,my EMC value has shrinked by 75%. Angry Angry Angry Angry

now can someone explain the jump up with 270%?  Roll Eyes

Don't watch the price. It is subject to speculation like many alts.

The Dev has given a good update, and that is the most important guide to future value.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 08:21:13 AM

In an attempt to quell rising frustrations from boiling over I am going to give a much needed update and some perspective. While I am no longer a part of the Emercoin team I feel it important given the current state of affairs. This will help set expectations so I will attempt to address the main concerns:

Team:

The dev group is very focused on internal matters and has little time to dedicate towards community-based endeavors. They are a hard working group from Russia and are extremely active in the Russian blockchain community, where Emercoin enjoys popularity. The technology the group has developed is ahead of its time in my opinion for a blockchain offering, requiring more promotion and adoption to showcase the strengths of their blockchain-based services. The group is growing in size every month so there is reason to be optimistic here provided there is some organization and professionalism displayed when engaging with the public.

Distribution:

There has been much concern expressed regarding the distribution of EMC. The currency was not pre-mined however a very large block subsidy (bonus) at the beginning allowed early adopters to gain dominating positions of EMC. Because Emercoin is not a formal company but a group of talented enthusiasts, funding must come from internal sources, opposed to the public. This reality is a growth constraint for many reasons so it makes logical sense the dev group will control a large amount of the existing EMC. This acts as an incentive for them to continually build Emercoin while simultaneously acting as a funding source for future projects.

Liquidity:

This comes back to the amount of entry / exit ramps for EMC, via the exchanges. A good percentage of this thread is dedicated to inquiring why Poloniex has not listed Emercoin yet after 2.5 years. The group has attempted on dozens of occasions with no luck,  including getting assistance from industry professionals. I cannot say if EMC will be listed on Poloniex however there are many other exchanges EMC can be listed on. Lastly, improving the liquidity situation should be a priority for the group, as it is not a guarantee a EMC holder will be able to convert to BTC in the current environment. This can be a very scary reality which keeps traders away and thus further hurts distribution and ultimately adoption.

Community:

Many people have requested feedback and active engagement within the industry from the dev group over the years. Because of the philosophy of the group to focus on work matters, the current level of engagement has been consistent from the start of the project. The cultural barriers presented including language have acerbated the situation to the point now where people have given up on Emercoin or they have resigned themselves to the current reality of the dev group.

Improving the visibility and image of Emercoin will help them grow within the industry. This is the single biggest area of improvement the group can focus on in the future. Taking some time to work with the people you expect to adopt your services and purchase your currency is vitally important:

- A presence at blockchain conferences so you can be known outside of the forums

- AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit to engage in the community so they can discover who you are

- Present a road map so the pubic has some level of transparency into your long term vision

- Give Emercoin an identity it can establish and be known for as a blockchain

- Hire a group of English speaking enthusiasts to promote Emercoin within the community

Technology:

By far the strongest aspect of the project, the technology Emercoin has is what has got them to where they are today. There is constant innovation taking place behind the scenes and I can tell you some of the projects slated for development are leading edge. To make these projects successful as possible post-development my suggestion is Emercoin take the time to establish a legal entity. Your competitors have found ways to do this and take in investment capital to grow.

Without this ability to keep pace the threat grows of being left behind. All of the technological advancements in the World will not make a difference should few companies and individuals chose to adopt them. This goes for the currency as well, so at some point more emphasis must be allocated to Emercoin's image given how good the technology already is.

Price:

Very little I can comment on here for those that are visibly upset. Emercoin has been in a free fall since the beginning of April, before the Bitcoin run-up. The Dev team is definitely not going to come to the forum here and assuage investors concerns about the price dropping. The market is very thin and thus easy to manipulate if one has a large amount of EMC, everything else is pure speculation. Buying at these prices means you believe in the project long term and its vision.  

I hope the dev team takes a serious look into some of the very real constraints hindering the project currently. I also trust the community will be patient and understand that a tremendous amount of good work has been accomplished by a relatively small group working outside of their culture and native skill set. Emecoin will need to decide soon if it is a project blockchain or a company blockchain. This is not 2012 any longer, the competition is very real and coming very fast in an open source environment. For the sake of Emercoin and the underlying currency (EMC), the decision better be made soon.

Thanks for all that.  You have good analysis and communication here, addressing the correct issues.  Day to Day Exchange rate price is relatively unimportant, but in the long run it will follow utility, once there is enough adoption. Technical issues come first, but after that, a small incremental growth in public attention is the right way to go .
kiwifruit8

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:30:31 AM

when will merged mining start?

CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:07:24 PM

I have been mining Emercoin on this pool https://pool.emercoin.com for months without any issues but recently it won't let me withdraw my coins.  The support page pointed me here.  

When I try to cash out manually, it throws this error
Invalid or missing Bitcoin payment address.

Any ideas why it would be failing?  I am using the same wallet address as before ESBrnvhqBMkSAkUYEDTB5YGbZ4YAs1d8CQ

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 02:12:34 PM

I have been mining Emercoin on this pool https://pool.emercoin.com for months without any issues but recently it won't let me withdraw my coins.  The support page pointed me here.  

When I try to cash out manually, it throws this error
Invalid or missing Bitcoin payment address.

Any ideas why it would be failing?  I am using the same wallet address as before ESBrnvhqBMkSAkUYEDTB5YGbZ4YAs1d8CQ

Try to change it to a new address, save the info, then change it back. Then try cash out.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 02:13:24 PM

Timeline is not set in stone, but you can expect approximately 1-2 months from now. Press release is coming later today.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 10:16:18 PM

See here for the press release: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1516242.0 
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:36:46 PM

EmerCoin looks promising and the merge mining will add much to 'get it out there'.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:51:30 PM

I decided to hold and increase my stake of Emercoin. The case of Ethereum and Dao has shown that coins like Emercoin belongs the future. Emercoin is still under the radar of most businesses and investors but I am very sure that it will change sometime in the future. There is not a coin which offers more or at least the same tech as Emercoin does.

Btw. is there any reason why the price got pumped to more than 100% three days ago before it dumped back to the starting price (just looked at the coinmarketcap chart) ?
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 09:40:02 PM

I decided to hold and increase my stake of Emercoin. The case of Ethereum and Dao has shown that coins like Emercoin belongs the future. Emercoin is still under the radar of most businesses and investors but I am very sure that it will change sometime in the future. There is not a coin which offers more or at least the same tech as Emercoin does.

Btw. is there any reason why the price got pumped to more than 100% three days ago before it dumped back to the starting price (just looked at the coinmarketcap chart) ?

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

I believe what appeared to be a pump was simply someone buying in or increasing stock at the cheap rate. Of course they ended up paying a little extra in the process as the sell orders were filled. The price should be above that peak anyway.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:42:45 PM

In an attempt to quell rising frustrations from boiling over I am going to give a much needed update and some perspective. While I am no longer a part of the Emercoin team I feel it important given the current state of affairs. This will help set expectations so I will attempt to address the main concerns:

Team:

The dev group is very focused on internal matters and has little time to dedicate towards community-based endeavors. They are a hard working group from Russia and are extremely active in the Russian blockchain community, where Emercoin enjoys popularity. The technology the group has developed is ahead of its time in my opinion for a blockchain offering, requiring more promotion and adoption to showcase the strengths of their blockchain-based services. The group is growing in size every month so there is reason to be optimistic here provided there is some organization and professionalism displayed when engaging with the public.

Distribution:

There has been much concern expressed regarding the distribution of EMC. The currency was not pre-mined however a very large block subsidy (bonus) at the beginning allowed early adopters to gain dominating positions of EMC. Because Emercoin is not a formal company but a group of talented enthusiasts, funding must come from internal sources, opposed to the public. This reality is a growth constraint for many reasons so it makes logical sense the dev group will control a large amount of the existing EMC. This acts as an incentive for them to continually build Emercoin while simultaneously acting as a funding source for future projects.

Liquidity:

This comes back to the amount of entry / exit ramps for EMC, via the exchanges. A good percentage of this thread is dedicated to inquiring why Poloniex has not listed Emercoin yet after 2.5 years. The group has attempted on dozens of occasions with no luck,  including getting assistance from industry professionals. I cannot say if EMC will be listed on Poloniex however there are many other exchanges EMC can be listed on. Lastly, improving the liquidity situation should be a priority for the group, as it is not a guarantee a EMC holder will be able to convert to BTC in the current environment. This can be a very scary reality which keeps traders away and thus further hurts distribution and ultimately adoption.

Community:

Many people have requested feedback and active engagement within the industry from the dev group over the years. Because of the philosophy of the group to focus on work matters, the current level of engagement has been consistent from the start of the project. The cultural barriers presented including language have acerbated the situation to the point now where people have given up on Emercoin or they have resigned themselves to the current reality of the dev group.

Improving the visibility and image of Emercoin will help them grow within the industry. This is the single biggest area of improvement the group can focus on in the future. Taking some time to work with the people you expect to adopt your services and purchase your currency is vitally important:

- A presence at blockchain conferences so you can be known outside of the forums

- AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit to engage in the community so they can discover who you are

- Present a road map so the pubic has some level of transparency into your long term vision

- Give Emercoin an identity it can establish and be known for as a blockchain

- Hire a group of English speaking enthusiasts to promote Emercoin within the community

Technology:

By far the strongest aspect of the project, the technology Emercoin has is what has got them to where they are today. There is constant innovation taking place behind the scenes and I can tell you some of the projects slated for development are leading edge. To make these projects successful as possible post-development my suggestion is Emercoin take the time to establish a legal entity. Your competitors have found ways to do this and take in investment capital to grow.

Without this ability to keep pace the threat grows of being left behind. All of the technological advancements in the World will not make a difference should few companies and individuals chose to adopt them. This goes for the currency as well, so at some point more emphasis must be allocated to Emercoin's image given how good the technology already is.

Price:

Very little I can comment on here for those that are visibly upset. Emercoin has been in a free fall since the beginning of April, before the Bitcoin run-up. The Dev team is definitely not going to come to the forum here and assuage investors concerns about the price dropping. The market is very thin and thus easy to manipulate if one has a large amount of EMC, everything else is pure speculation. Buying at these prices means you believe in the project long term and its vision.  

I hope the dev team takes a serious look into some of the very real constraints hindering the project currently. I also trust the community will be patient and understand that a tremendous amount of good work has been accomplished by a relatively small group working outside of their culture and native skill set. Emecoin will need to decide soon if it is a project blockchain or a company blockchain. This is not 2012 any longer, the competition is very real and coming very fast in an open source environment. For the sake of Emercoin and the underlying currency (EMC), the decision better be made soon.

thanks for the overview of things

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 09:36:47 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

I believe what appeared to be a pump was simply someone buying in or increasing stock at the cheap rate. Of course they ended up paying a little extra in the process as the sell orders were filled. The price should be above that peak anyway.

Not enough trade to absorb a large buy. The offers are thin enough to require a large buyer to pay a premium. That discourages the sort of buyers that can take the coin forward.

That is one apparent irony of alt trading. Unless there are already offers (sales) in large amounts, a potential whale investor (who might want a large stake before they assist in other ways) is not going to be interested.

The corollary to it is that a very thin bid stops potential sellers, and a buy wall enables a falling price..

If clever large holders want a good coin to move forward, they often make some big blocks, like several % of the supply, available at a low (ie the current trade) price : Putting up a big sell wall for an extended period eventually enables better distribution.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 07:03:53 PM

@Majormax

Your point is correct. It's somewhat of a catch 22. Large sell walls at lower prices suppress the price from rising but do put forth the incentive for larger investors to buy in. They're not concerned with small orders at market value when their overall holdings would not increase much through the trade. It's possible this last price rise was someone essentially saying "screw this I don't care what the price is I'm buying in." but there's no way to truly tell.

In summary, we simply need to see more organic trade at or around the current price. Emercoin needs more participation and attention from all users in the crypto world. The technological base to warrant this attention is already there.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 06:41:54 PM

See here for new Emercoin giveaway!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1520463.0
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

wow cool easy way to earn EMC i will participate here mate i seen that this coin have a lots of potential good luck dev'
just keep it up and build more for this community.
rolik2001

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:19:12 PM

wow cool easy way to earn EMC i will participate here mate i seen that this coin have a lots of potential good luck dev'
why my wallet dont synchronisation???http://imgur.com/kxwhn68
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:12:12 PM

I think you just might need a little patience  Smiley

Hover over the little icon in the bottom right, it will show you the block count or how far behind it is. Unless it gets stuck at a block, it is still synchronizing.
rolik2001

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:14:09 PM

Hover over the little icon in the bottom right, it will show you the block count or how far behind it is. Unless it gets stuck at a block, it is still synchronizing.
but wallet dont see me block
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 05:27:32 AM

but wallet dont see me block

What do you see when you open the wallet and go to help -> debug window -> console -> type getblockcount and hit enter?

Current block should be 172,866
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: