Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43402 times)
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:03:49 AM

Seriously if this is legit I will rub it in the face of everyone who shat on this.
But if it's a scam, i'll let you have it :p

Either way you troll will sit and cry in a corner hehe
I will sit in the corner but wont cry. I know the risk i'm taking
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molivil

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:53:36 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 04:36:32 AM by molivil

It is not hard obviously to sell stuff that does not exist...sorry for your loss...
Yeah, looks pretty bad. However, I think, that his electronics project may still actually exist... and if it does, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mine anything. Just prints out some pretty numbers on screen. And people will come to realize that when they plug the thing in. Wink At least playing time is what scammers are great at doing (in addition to scamming people out of their hard earned money). He'll be able to generate tracking numbers, and maybe play time for a few weeks by claiming that it's a faulty unit, returns etc... before everyone realizes it's a paperweight.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:43:04 AM
Merited by vlad230 (1)

Seriously if this is legit I will rub it in the face of everyone who shat on this.

Believe me, you may think you can 'man up' on this and not cry a river...but you ALWAYS cry after the fact...it's a given! Sad

I really hope I'm wrong and it works out...that would mean I'd have a real shot at being Natalie Portman's Love Puppet...the odds of this working to me

are about the same...slim to none...(sigh...why do all my modest dreams have to die...)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:09:30 AM

so lets Summarize,

- No Real Proof that this device actually exist. (not even a Picture from the Real Chip)
- No Company Address, Telephone and so on.
- User offered to fly in to do an Hands on Review - no Reaction
- Fishy Shop Site
- Payment Processor that hides the Real identity for Wire Transfer

This all is a BIG NO
melpheos

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

Believe me, you may think you can 'man up' on this and not cry a river...but you ALWAYS cry after the fact...it's a given! Sad

I really hope I'm wrong and it works out...that would mean I'd have a real shot at being Natalie Portman's Love Puppet...the odds of this working to me

are about the same...slim to none...(sigh...why do all my modest dreams have to die...)

I made a lot of money and lost a lost of money taking risks. In this case the loss is not even in fiat money. My account value in various crypto went from 38000€ to 7200€ in 3 months and I dont even care because i'm in the long term game.
This command costed me 9.5XMR. I might miss them in 20 years when the only valid currency will be crypto but right now I really dont care.
gvb

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:23:56 AM

@jadefalk : not to mention the country mess. first it's a spanish based company, the component pluggers then are in China and now the bank account is in Latvia.

we're dealing with a mini multinational here Wink
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:38:55 AM

This is really RED FLAGGED guys. Be careful, you've been warned by the others.
FPGA mining is gain traction again lately, so it is possible that shady person want to take some advantage of it.
@OP:
If you really have a legit business, we are offer you a review and hand on checks for your device. We even willing to fly to your (garage) workshop  Grin and for FREE.
But again, you never want to have that, so...
Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:59:35 AM

Be Careful. His numbers doesn't make sense. Looks like a Scam.

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:49:45 PM

I'm very curious how this will play out Grin

I see a lot of guys just sending money blindly and hoping for the best... very unfortunate. Guys... If you have too much money on your hands please check the BTC address on my profile, I accept whatever you want to send me  Grin

gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:53:36 PM

The only guy to merit OP is member "Senseless" and he is selling some FPGA miners too.

Hmmm....
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

Hello everybody!
At the weekend we worked hard and got the first batch of boards! 5000 devices in this small shabby box.
Now it will go to the assembly. The Soldering Robot is impatient to get acquainted with the snow-white Smiley

https://mega.nz/#!3WYBVIRB!rHxj2xAaixXQsteOkcRJe4c6SG79ObIsyDgmyxKIAKc

The photo from China's fabric.
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

Can you show us the open box and that there is really a bunch of boards in there??

Also: I contacted you though the e-mail and haven’t heard back.

And one more question. Why is the order number at 14000 if you only wanted to sell 5000 in the first batch?
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:46:37 PM

Hello everybody!
At the weekend we worked hard and got the first batch of boards! 5000 devices in this small shabby box.
Now it will go to the assembly. The Soldering Robot is impatient to get acquainted with the snow-white Smiley

LOL.  Too funny.
melpheos

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

Can you show us the open box and that there is really a bunch of boards in there??

And one more question. Why is the order number at 14000 if you only wanted to sell 5000 in the first batch?
Cancelled order after paypal fail
People doing multiple order but not paying
People doing fake order
People doing order for the FPGA and then a separated order for the shipping
People putting order only for the shipping
Poeple putting order only for the unit...

As you can see, this can stack up quite easily
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:38:20 PM

Cancelled order after paypal fail
People doing multiple order but not paying
People doing fake order
People doing order for the FPGA and then a separated order for the shipping
People putting order only for the shipping
Poeple putting order only for the unit...

As you can see, this can stack up quite easily

Just need to change the Monero logo to the McDonald's one and say "billions and billions served". LOL
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

Hello everybody!

LOL.  Too funny.

Yeah, he is not even trying anymore to prove this is not a scam...just messing with folk...a photo of a 'closed box' sheesh...

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:44:13 PM

ATTENTION! Paypal orders are canceled tomorrow! Do not lose your order.

-Maybe it's obvious to others, but I don't understand why there is a VGA connector on this board?
This was developed for personal mining. For user convenience we made the VGA. The onboarded ARM processor has a VGA controller and this does not add value.
screw terminals are convenient for connection to the power unit by chain type. This allows the use of server power supplies or any old PSUs.

--I have seen a picture with the molex connector connected to the board and inside a plastic bag. Maybe that's how it will be shipped (with the cost of a molex connector that would be nice if it was in the package)
Yes, it will be bundled. But I recommend avoiding unnecessary connections.

--I am going to guess it’s much simpler to develop on stand-alone card with working display, rather than getting the network stack and web server running first.

--I am going to guess it’s much simpler to develop on stand-alone card with working display, rather than getting the network stack and web server running first.
In the configuration mode, they all have the same static address. This will be fixed in the future, but now it is so. The VGA allows you to quickly connect a monitor or self-powered TFT panel and see the POW.

--Aliexpress of course allows "alipay", which is much much more protective than paypal.
This is important - for both sides. Paypal does not have clear rules and this is always a problem. They do not even have a organized set of rules on the site.

--After the funds settle SWIFT is about as irreversible as Bitcoin.
A refund is possible both voluntarily and compulsorily. Unlike Bitcoin, the banker's account is personalized.

--If you are working with a Chines partner, selling these through AliExpress should not be a problem.
It takes time, we do not have it right now. But we are working in this direction.
We relied on paypal, but now we see it is only for the United States. For the whole world, it's more convenient Ali.

--What's with the CCP flag.
Maybe it's about giving it to the poors Smiley

--DwarfMiner, please can you adjust your settings to accept PMs (personal messages) from Newbies such as me and you. At the moment you can't be contacted by Newbies
I am also a newbie and can respond only two messages a day. It would be better you write in the e-mail.

--Can you post a video of a miner at work and add more transparency?
--Can you post another video mining monero on supportxmr? we also need to see the whole setup.
All the prototypes are in the factory as refs.

--For people who don't know, Sumokoin is going to fork again and go back to cryptonight so now dwarfminer cant mine SUMO (It mines only v7 and heavy)
If the dwarf could main the classic kryptonight it would not help you against the 2TH net Wink

--The video output on that custom board looks like it's been created by an 8-bit microcontroller.  Grin
This is designed to be used with ANY VGA monitor, not only with modern.
Why do we need a make beautiful graphics if it shows all that is needed?

--But why use analog video signal in this day and age?
HDMI port takes up computing resources. VGA - almost no.

--I ordered 3 miners. Registration and payment process is very smooth.
Only payment. The product is automatically reserved and can wait as long as needed. Sorry, we have a lot of orders and questions. Approximately 150 new orders a day now and half with errors...

-- i would like to know the dimensions of the board and the spacing of the mounting holes.
80x90mm, the centers of the holes are moved at 4 mm from each edge. 3 mm diameter.

--Hmmm... have you ever heard an ID-card or passport scan is needed for a wire-transfer?
This is the requirement of the bank's security. We told you this is usually not required. But if the bank requests a confirmation, you should be ready to provide it.
This is typical. If you do not want to provide documents, the bank will refund your money. But you will lose about 20 euros on transactions.

Half of the forum participants are afraid of rubbing money, but when the bank checks the legality of the deal it causes rejection. It's weird...

--this goes against decentralization.
The dwarf is equal to one rig, only consumes less power.

--This sounds more and more like a scam. Also the available number goes up and down and up on their website, so that is really weird.
Some people cancel paypal's orders and goods returned to stock.

--and was 100% open source; not behind closed doors as it has been..... Then literally anyone could make one and participate.   That would be a touch more decentralized.
Not so many FPGA developers in the crypt and they are used to earning well Smiley

--first it's a spanish based company, the component pluggers then are in China and now the bank account is in Latvia.
Taxes & dues.

--Can you show us the open box and that there is really a bunch of boards in there??
As you can see, we hide the details of the boards.

--Also: I contacted you though the e-mail and haven’t heard back.
It's impossible. For today all letters are answered, except new orders within 24 hours.

--Why is the order number at 14000 if you only wanted to sell 5000 in the first batch?
melpheos explained very well

--just messing with folk...a photo of a 'closed box' sheesh...
What should I do? Put all the panels on the floor? And then shove it into the assembly robot juntos con sand? Smiley
These boards are not separated and sealed in vacuum. I opened just one panel to control. Like it: http://eleneticelectronics.com/media/wysiwyg/prodcutimage/m3.jpg
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

I did contact you through e-mail on the 2nd of June and have not gotten a response. So it cannot be that you have responded to all e-mails already. And no I don't want you to spread out the PCBs on the floor, but you could just show us the open box so we see that there are a bunch more in there?!
Mathero11

Activity: 36
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:02:58 PM

If it's to good to be true it is. People who sent their money have lost it. It's as simple as that. I'll cut my hair if this is legit
rapterofparadox

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

If it's to good to be true it is. People who sent their money have lost it. It's as simple as that. I'll cut my hair if this is legit

Can you please provide proof that you actually have hair. I want to make sure this offer is legit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: