Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43403 times)
russypt

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:23:30 PM

Ah I see, people expected they could probably mitigate the stability issues by just power cycling it every 15-20 minutes, which can be automated, and that is what people were hoping for. And commenting on it basically confirmed it existed at all?

"BITTUBE Official" explicitly stated that the device is in his/her hands and mines at 20 KH/s. That goes far beyond merely commenting on it, particularly considering that Dwarf refused to ship a sample to anyone here.

Thanks, it is clear to me now. Maybe no one got one, so getting specific on it (and at 20KH/s, profitable even without stability) lent the thing undue credibility.

Hmm. Maybe an effort to FUD a threat to the coin gone really wrong and having the opposite of the intended effect. It's hard for me to speculate. Again thanks, I try to do my own research but it's tough when things get so muddy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
exodussian

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:41:27 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 11:06:04 PM by exodussian

i did not claim smaram guilty here,  i just stated he has it ,  and there is such device.
people here thinks there was no device, never existed.

yes i was mad at him once, then i said i m sorry for it.

at least i am expecting the cargo details, to track scammers.
when he s back , he ll tell us. right ?

these are private talks that shows,  there is such device,  and he warned me about being careful about it

i had taken the risk according to these talks, if it works for 20 mins and if i restart it then , if booting up takes 5 minutes
so even it works for 45 minutes in one hour,
and even under 75% capacity , i m ok with it

i dont claim him guilty.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442318194389024769/467461870119288833/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442318194389024769/467461973240709120/unknown.png
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:52:33 PM

i did not claim smaram guilty here,  i just stated he has it ,  and there is such device.

these are private talks that shows,  there is such device,  and he warned me about being careful about it

i had taken the risk according to these talks,  i dont claim him guilty.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442318194389024769/467461870119288833/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442318194389024769/467461973240709120/unknown.png

Until there is PHYSICAL PROOF....

There is no device.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
russypt

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:05:13 PM

Until there is PHYSICAL PROOF....

There is no device.

Without pictures and reviews, why did people buy? Did they want to get in on it before hashrates on all coins spiked if it became ubiquitous? Seems like profitability would be short lived and ROI marginal.

Not that it's unheard of, with people preordering consumer electronics, but those are from reputable vendors like Apple. (edit: okay, maybe Apple was a bad example  Cheesy )
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:58:29 PM

Someone get Bruno in here to start his googlefu on these scraps of info.

Waste of time and effort, these retards will spend good money on pie in the sky scams but won't penny up one BTC for someone to do real research for them. they are a waste of effort and time, I gave up warning a long time ago. You don't even get so much as a thank you from them when you save them from a  scam ICO.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
martin_gula

Activity: 4
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

if anybody is looking for the scammer:

Пaлexoв Дмитpий (Ryangunning@bigpond.com) canceled the following money request:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Money request details
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount: €1 340,51 EUR

Date: 29 may 2018

Note: For #0148

Appears to be an Australian e-mail address with a Russian name on it, possibly a hacked PayPal account. Unfortunately the name is too common to lead anywhere yet.

the dwarfminer webshop archive screens are pointing to the same name
<<< Uploaded by Palehov Dmitriy on May 17, 2018 04:00  >>>
link to archive: https://archive.fo/67AYs
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:25:18 AM

these are private talks that shows,  there is such device,  and he warned me about being careful about it

i had taken the risk according to these talks, if it works for 20 mins and if i restart it then , if booting up takes 5 minutes

i dont claim him guilty.

Seems like a missunderstanding to me. I don't even know if smaram (Saber Maram if anyone is interested you can check him on Bit.Tube webpage and he had a live interview with Seth recently) even reffered to the same device. Maybe he bought something else. I am in Bit.Tube discord from project start in March and also with the project constantly. And Saber is definitelly a good guy and would not intentionally do anything to make someone buy a scam.

I am sure he will clear this up. But to all others. If you buy just because there are two lines of text from someone on Discord then don't blame anyone but yourselves really.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
Eth_Saver

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:00:15 AM

I am a little confused - I saw the bad review of this thing from smaram where he said it was a POS. I guess he didn't give it a rating but it seemed like a 1/5. Are people mad at him for endorsing it? I basically walked away with the impression he was dissing it, and it didn't work without constant care, if at all. At that point I just forgot about it, so I'm surprised people bought it based off his advice to stay away from it? What am I missing?

edit: Also sorry to hear you guys guy scammed, that sucks.  Sad

Here is what I've seen:

https://i.snag.gy/ujXKva.jpg

Specifically:

they are real
it works, but not stable
just a matter of time to solve this
good to have a test device
cant be used for 24/7 at the moment
will do this week more tests

I don't see anything even close to "do not buy". On the contrary, it was stated that it's just a matter of time to solve the stability issue.

But the bigger problem here is whether the device ever existed and how did smaram get it. This doesn't make any sense but I'll reserve my judgement until we get more proof, or not.

Stop being lazy and dont spread fud about bittube based on one cutout message omg  Roll Eyes. If you really care about this fpga scam and not just fud go to bittube discord and read everything from beginning dont fud bittube project for attempting to develop better anti-fpga pow.

Just to quickly fill you in bittube used very cpu friendly algo to make mining more effective for cpu because users used small fraction of their computing power while watching videos on bit.tube. But after some time they suspected that there may be a botnet or fpga farm which is exploiting this and has large share of their network.
So I guess to verify this fpga issue they tried to get any fpga working to see themselves if they are problem. After this testing they saw fpga are real and could work. Then they started developing new pow algo which will be much more resistant to fpga and botnets and will prefer gpu miners instead. And thats where it end I guess new pow is on live network for some time.
easymonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

i dont claim him guilty.

Actually it sounds like he's part of the scam in some way. Or at least he knows the people who shipped this alleged miner to him. Either way, point the police his way first.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 03:54:21 PM

the dwarfminer webshop archive screens are pointing to the same name
<<< Uploaded by Palehov Dmitriy on May 17, 2018 04:00  >>>
link to archive: https://archive.fo/67AYs

Here's another fake-looking account with "Dmitriy Palehov" on top of a different username:

https://twitter.com/DymarAnkov
http://archive.is/7AHHz

What are the odds...

Seems like a missunderstanding to me. I don't even know if smaram (Saber Maram if anyone is interested you can check him on Bit.Tube webpage and he had a live interview with Seth recently) even reffered to the same device. Maybe he bought something else. I am in Bit.Tube discord from project start in March and also with the project constantly. And Saber is definitelly a good guy and would not intentionally do anything to make someone buy a scam.

I am sure he will clear this up. But to all others. If you buy just because there are two lines of text from someone on Discord then don't blame anyone but yourselves really.

How is it a misunderstanding? "BITTUBE Official" posted the link, claimed being able to achieve 20 KH/s hashrate... What other device is there? There's far more than two lines. So please stop downplaying this scam and help us to unravel it.

https://i.snag.gy/ujXKva.jpg

Stop being lazy and dont spread fud about bittube based on one cutout message omg  Roll Eyes. If you really care about this fpga scam and not just fud go to bittube discord and read everything from beginning dont fud bittube project for attempting to develop better anti-fpga pow.

Just to quickly fill you in bittube used very cpu friendly algo to make mining more effective for cpu because users used small fraction of their computing power while watching videos on bit.tube. But after some time they suspected that there may be a botnet or fpga farm which is exploiting this and has large share of their network.
So I guess to verify this fpga issue they tried to get any fpga working to see themselves if they are problem. After this testing they saw fpga are real and could work. Then they started developing new pow algo which will be much more resistant to fpga and botnets and will prefer gpu miners instead. And thats where it end I guess new pow is on live network for some time.

That's what we're trying to establish - did "BITTUBE Official" aka smaram actually have the device? If they did then further proof is needed that might help to find the scammer. This is not FUD so again - please stop downplaying this scam and help us to unravel it.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

We should wait for these DMs between smaram and the dwarf miner scam guy(s).

when somebody tells you the devices doesnt work longer than 20min and then it crashes, do you go to buy it? anyway habe some private dm messges, will share tommorow (right now on mobile)

i sayed this also to exodussian as soon i am back from germany, will try to analyse what i have and share it, it is also in my interest to find him.

Smaram, when will you be back from Germany ?
smaram

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

first of all, you are not reading.

second i stop this now here i don‘t need to answer anything, i activate now my lawyer‘s for fud in here about me without any proof, just garbage talking.

any further communication goes through my lawyer‘s and i am going to report this now, what you are doing is against the laws and you know that.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:05:45 PM

second i stop this now here i don‘t need to answer anything, i activate now my lawyer‘s for fud in here about me without any proof, just garbage talking.

any further communication goes through my lawyer‘s and i am going to report this now, what you are doing is against the laws and you know that.

You sound like you are in on it to me.
smaram

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

it absulutly doesn’t matter what i am saying, it will make no differnce, your are so fucused that you don‘t listen and want to hear anything else then your own true.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

You sound like you are in on it to me.

I was going to give smaram the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just a dumb kid bragging (falsely) about having tested the FPGA.

After this latest response - sounds more like a scammer. A regular braggart would have realized that aiding and abetting a crime is not cool.

smaram - make sure to have a long, comprehensive talk with your lawyers about the discovery process and the burden of proof. It's very likely that it's all a bit different than what you think it is.

it absulutly doesn’t matter what i am saying, it will make no differnce, your are so fucused that you don‘t listen and want to hear anything else then your own true.

Bud, you haven't said anything of substance. A month ago you promised more details about the FPGA on discord. Nothing came out of it. Yesterday you promised more info. Now you're threatening with lawyers and whining about people not listening. Start talking if you want to be listened to. A good start would be high resolution pictures of the device from all angles and a piece of paper with your name and today's date on it. Same with the shipping label on the box it came in.

Once the existence of the device (or some device) is established we can move further.
smaram

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:34:41 PM

i am not in dept by you in any case, i told you, you can talk in a normal way or i will not continue, i am not a kid to play your games in here, you want something then act like a man, i am not that kind of guy to play such games.

for any further communication you can get in touch with office@ra-hoefler.at
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:47:03 PM

i am not in dept by you in any case, i told you, you can talk in a normal way or i will not continue, i am not a kid to play your games in here, you want something then act like a man, i am not that kind of guy to play such games.

Sounds like we should probably alert the bit.tube community that they have a known scammer in their midst.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 06:54:44 PM

Personally, I'm waiting for the next gen, code named Pygmy ASIC.

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:04:44 PM

The only thing you are doing is hurting the image / reputation of bittube with your childish attitude.
exodussian

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:07:09 PM

i kindly believe smaram is victim too.

just talk friendly please, he s not bad person.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: