Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43402 times)
easymonkey

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

i kindly believe smaram is victim too.

just talk friendly please, he s not bad person.

Something still seems odd here. He must have known the scammers in one way or another to order a prototype unit. And he's very defensive about it, shifting blame. He may be a victim, but the victim is not cooperating very much to reveal information about how they obtained these units and whether they actually exist. At least some people ordered the units because he said he actually had one, regardless of how badly it worked.

If we're getting the police involved, they should talk to this guy first. It seems he is the closest to the scammers here. He may not have been part of the scam but may lead police to the scammers. Even if they sold half of their dwarfminers, 2500 units, that's still about a $2 million theft at BTC prices middle of June.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

The legendary ranked members only ask for details in order to try to reach dwarfminer for legal action, I don't get smaram reaction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:38:56 PM

Something still seems odd here. He must have known the scammers in one way or another to order a prototype unit. And he's very defensive about it, shifting blame. He may be a victim, but the victim is not cooperating very much to reveal information about how they obtained these units and whether they actually exist. At least some people ordered the units because he said he actually had one, regardless of how badly it worked.

If we're getting the police involved, they should talk to this guy first. It seems he is the closest to the scammers here. He may not have been part of the scam but may lead police to the scammers. Even if they sold half of their dwarfminers, 2500 units, that's still about a $2 million theft at BTC prices middle of June.

was a labeled likely FPGA card from 2013 when they were common...big whoop...did not exist..move on...most folk I know could make something that looks like that

with a PCB kit in an afternoon...its a scam...folks that said they ran/or saw one..probably mean a faked video..those how to say they actually got one...are newbie accounts and

part of the scam...the scammers have moved on, IMHO, the newbie accounts here saying they are/were legit are just the scammers..playing psych games with users on here

to see how gullible people are for their next scam..they are just poking you as a lab rat saying sh*t existed...

you are being 'played' by newbie accounts on this topic

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:03:01 PM

Been reading this thread since day 1, and sorry for those that lost money.

But I’m confused...when did a 7khs board become a 20khs board?  The original post said Dwarfminer did 7khs.  All of a sudden we have bittube guy involved saying board does 20 but it’s not stable?  Were there 2 different versions from the same people?  Or were there 2 different boards from two different places?
exodussian

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

Been reading this thread since day 1, and sorry for those that lost money.

But I’m confused...when did a 7khs board become a 20khs board?  The original post said Dwarfminer did 7khs.  All of a sudden we have bittube guy involved saying board does 20 but it’s not stable?  Were there 2 different versions from the same people?  Or were there 2 different boards from two different places?

test was on tube coin,  it was cryptonight lite , so its double and some more  hashrate.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:10:02 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 10:11:53 PM by melpheos

i am not in dept by you in any case, i told you, you can talk in a normal way or i will not continue, i am not a kid to play your games in here, you want something then act like a man, i am not that kind of guy to play such games.

for any further communication you can get in touch with office@ra-hoefler.at
If you are a victim, you are the only one who might have information to track down the scammer so please give us some infos
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

i am not in dept by you in any case, i told you, you can talk in a normal way or i will not continue, i am not a kid to play your games in here, you want something then act like a man, i am not that kind of guy to play such games.

for any further communication you can get in touch with office@ra-hoefler.at

I made a very reasonable request to post pictures. You're the one playing games threatening with lawyers. I hope you will calm down and will either admit that you lied or show us the FPGA and where you got it from.

If he's a victim then he has nothing to lose and a lot to gain by cooperating. Friendly goes both ways, wouldn't you say?
Eth_Saver

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

the dwarfminer webshop archive screens are pointing to the same name
<<< Uploaded by Palehov Dmitriy on May 17, 2018 04:00  >>>
link to archive: https://archive.fo/67AYs

Here's another fake-looking account with "Dmitriy Palehov" on top of a different username:

https://twitter.com/DymarAnkov
http://archive.is/7AHHz

What are the odds...

Seems like a missunderstanding to me. I don't even know if smaram (Saber Maram if anyone is interested you can check him on Bit.Tube webpage and he had a live interview with Seth recently) even reffered to the same device. Maybe he bought something else. I am in Bit.Tube discord from project start in March and also with the project constantly. And Saber is definitelly a good guy and would not intentionally do anything to make someone buy a scam.

I am sure he will clear this up. But to all others. If you buy just because there are two lines of text from someone on Discord then don't blame anyone but yourselves really.

How is it a misunderstanding? "BITTUBE Official" posted the link, claimed being able to achieve 20 KH/s hashrate... What other device is there? There's far more than two lines. So please stop downplaying this scam and help us to unravel it.

https://i.snag.gy/ujXKva.jpg

Stop being lazy and dont spread fud about bittube based on one cutout message omg  Roll Eyes. If you really care about this fpga scam and not just fud go to bittube discord and read everything from beginning dont fud bittube project for attempting to develop better anti-fpga pow.

Just to quickly fill you in bittube used very cpu friendly algo to make mining more effective for cpu because users used small fraction of their computing power while watching videos on bit.tube. But after some time they suspected that there may be a botnet or fpga farm which is exploiting this and has large share of their network.
So I guess to verify this fpga issue they tried to get any fpga working to see themselves if they are problem. After this testing they saw fpga are real and could work. Then they started developing new pow algo which will be much more resistant to fpga and botnets and will prefer gpu miners instead. And thats where it end I guess new pow is on live network for some time.

That's what we're trying to establish - did "BITTUBE Official" aka smaram actually have the device? If they did then further proof is needed that might help to find the scammer. This is not FUD so again - please stop downplaying this scam and help us to unravel it.

Sure this is not just fud meant to damage bittube project which has recently got between best cryptonight coins for miners especially by trying to keep asics,fpgas and botnets out of their network. I guess such behaviour cannot be accepted or others will follow.. they will have to pay for it now because they stepped up and denied any further profits from these fpga scams on their network.
Now their project leader and their entire thread have negative trust on bitcointalk despite they did nothing wrong only people who just came into this thread made concrete assumptions based on 5min read of this wich hunt and zero research of the actual project and its background. And now people with no clue what lead bittube to even care about fpga claim here that they are the scammer as one of the most valid options yea you are completely right this is not fud at all.
To me it looks similar like elon musk and all the fud stories petrol companies try to push into media about him and his cars because he is slowly destroying their bussiness and brings change.

While I dont fully understand why he doesnt want provide any additional info I see the attitute of people here and it gives me a clue why he doesnt want to be involved in this anymore at all as they already flagged him guilty as a scammer based on screenshot from discord chat where he claims he got one unit and doesnt recommend buying the this hardware because it doesnt work properly and actually call it piece of shit. Well thats some serious marketing tactic IMHO! And some people like Searing should take the blue pill from time to time to get back to reality the scammers are long gone and they dont give a shit about this thread or what you think about them if they really got 2mil from this.

Gosh even buying cryptonight asic from "verified" manufacturer is complete scam from the day they were officialy announced. I dont really understand what were you thinking people sending your btc to some Joe who promised you a share of his paradise because he doesnt want to be rich alone he want you to make money instead of him  Huh
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:52:26 PM

Sure this is not just fud meant to damage bittube project which has recently got between best cryptonight coins for miners especially by trying to keep asics,fpgas and botnets out of their network. I guess such behaviour cannot be accepted or others will follow.. they will have to pay for it now because they stepped up and denied any further profits from these fpga scams on their network.

Stop derailing this thread with your shitcoin conspiracy bullshit. I have not even heard of and certainly couldn't have cared less about Bittube until these allegations came to light.

Now their project leader and their entire thread have negative trust on bitcointalk despite they did nothing wrong only people who just came into this thread made concrete assumptions based on 5min read of this wich hunt and zero research of the actual project and its background.

Lying is quite wrong either way. Whether smaram lied about ever having the FPGA, or is lying now trying to cover up the scam.

Again, quit the off topic whining. If you want to cooperate - please do so, otherwise I'm going to assume your intentions are to help this scam.
Eth_Saver

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:30:15 AM

Stop derailing this thread with your shitcoin conspiracy bullshit. I have not even heard of and certainly couldn't have cared less about Bittube until these allegations came to light.

Now their project leader and their entire thread have negative trust on bitcointalk despite they did nothing wrong only people who just came into this thread made concrete assumptions based on 5min read of this wich hunt and zero research of the actual project and its background.

Lying is quite wrong either way. Whether smaram lied about ever having the FPGA, or is lying now trying to cover up the scam.

Again, quit the off topic whining. If you want to cooperate - please do so, otherwise I'm going to assume your intentions are to help this scam.

Now you see.. you make assumptions very fast and it seems like your assumptions are all wrong and maybe thats why you got scammed in first place.
Would it make any difference if he help you? If he showed you fpga photo would you immediately assume he is the manufacturer?! he is already guilty in your eyes because you see red. Actually you have already flagged him Smiley All your evidence is just him saying that the unit exist but not saying anything positive about the fpga.
Pointing out such information or requesting you to get more info about the project you are now flagging as scam is called offtopic.
When someone else told you here that you can read it all on their discord you said you dont care about their discord. It seems like you dont really care about the full picture all you need are your two screenshots with cut out messages without any context.
Thats all from me I just got triggered by Searing for calling everybody here a scammer because they are not legendary I guess. I wont interrupt your hunt anymore dont worry.
Have a good day!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 12:42:36 AM

Now you see.. you make assumptions very fast and it seems like your assumptions are all wrong and maybe thats why you got scammed in first place.

I negged the OP very early on, as soon as he started taking money. How could I possibly get scammed?

Would it make any difference if he help you? If he showed you fpga photo would you immediately assume he is the manufacturer?! he is already guilty in your eyes because you see red. Actually you have already flagged him Smiley All your evidence is just him saying that the unit exist but not saying anything positive about the fpga.

It would make a lot of difference if smaram provided information about the device and about the scammer, whom he had contact with to obtain said device. There is a reasonable suspicion that the device never existed, so smaram saying that it did is a big deal. If he can prove that he's not lying I will consider revising my neg trust rating.

Pointing out such information or requesting you to get more info about the project you are now flagging as scam is called offtopic.
When someone else told you here that you can read it all on their discord you said you dont care about their discord. It seems like you dont really care about the full picture all you need are your two screenshots with cut out messages without any context.
Thats all from me I just got triggered by Searing for calling everybody here a scammer because they are not legendary I guess. I wont interrupt your hunt anymore dont worry.
Have a good day!

Feel free to provide the "context" with proof. So far you're just wasting everyone's time and derailing the thread.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:05:25 AM

.... There is a reasonable suspicion that the device never existed, so smaram saying that it did is a big deal. If he can prove that he's not lying I will consider revising my neg trust rating.

Feel free to provide the "context" with proof. So far you're just wasting everyone's time and derailing the thread.

100% agree; until he proves he wasn't lying.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
0x000090

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:00:02 AM

Fallacy of the excluded middle: it is entirely possible he is telling the truth, and was scammed just like the rest of these poor suckers. Now please consider this:

https://imgur.com/aRET8GD

I too want to see the pics he has promised (there, and at other times), but I do not take his standoffish response to accusations here as being at all unexpected or unnatural, when he has been dealing with such for a couple of weeks now.

Compound that with the stress of moving company headquarters out of country (that is why he has been in Berlin), and it's all pretty understandable to me; I've been out of country for months at a time, and cannot imagine the frustration of being put in the situation he is being put in here.

Furthermore, occam's razor for me says it is just highly unlikely that someone preoccupied with running one of the more successful and complex cryptonote projects would want to get involved with some stupid scam, in such a public way, with no escape route.

In the end, what are the facts regarding Saber? He claims to have been shipped the unit he ordered, he said that it worked, but not well, and he said he would provide pics when he returns home. Could he have been shipped the unit? Why not -- the dwarf scammers obviously had one "working" prototype (which just remote-controlled a rig, imho), which they could easily have shipped to him, after creating their now-deleted youtube videos.

That explanation fits the facts just fine, and is what I will be going with until presented with some actual evidence to the contrary.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:06:44 AM

...and cannot imagine the frustration of being put in the situation he is being put in here.

Oh bullshit.  Now he's the victim?  His statements contributed to the scam.  People bought the card based on his claim that it existed.  Whether or not it really existed was, and remains, an open question but he seemed to put that concern to rest by claiming to have one.  I don't think he was really involved in the scam.  I suspect he lied when he said he had it because he wanted people to think he was cool or for whatever reason people say bullshit like that.  I don't think the device even exists.  But regardless of why he said it, his claim aided the scammer to scam people.  He's not a victim here, at best he's a liar who helped a thief.  I could characterize it more generously and I would actually if he had been more forthcoming but he decided not to be.
easymonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:31:29 AM

Fallacy of the excluded middle: it is entirely possible he is telling the truth, and was scammed just like the rest of these poor suckers. Now please consider this:

https://imgur.com/aRET8GD

I too want to see the pics he has promised (there, and at other times), but I do not take his standoffish response to accusations here as being at all unexpected or unnatural, when he has been dealing with such for a couple of weeks now.

Compound that with the stress of moving company headquarters out of country (that is why he has been in Berlin), and it's all pretty understandable to me; I've been out of country for months at a time, and cannot imagine the frustration of being put in the situation he is being put in here.

Furthermore, occam's razor for me says it is just highly unlikely that someone preoccupied with running one of the more successful and complex cryptonote projects would want to get involved with some stupid scam, in such a public way, with no escape route.

In the end, what are the facts regarding Saber? He claims to have been shipped the unit he ordered, he said that it worked, but not well, and he said he would provide pics when he returns home. Could he have been shipped the unit? Why not -- the dwarf scammers obviously had one "working" prototype (which just remote-controlled a rig, imho), which they could easily have shipped to him, after creating their now-deleted youtube videos.

That explanation fits the facts just fine, and is what I will be going with until presented with some actual evidence to the contrary.

I think the purpose here is to try to track down the scammers. Will we ever get the money back? Maybe not, but it would be good to try. Otherwise we become rationalizing sheep.

Questions still remain. How did he get knowledge of the unit to be shipped a prototype? Was it on the same web store that he got informed of before anyone else did? Was there a tracking number from the courier? What was the pick-up address from the courier? Which country? And so on. IF he had the device it would be helpful to provide some details on where to track where this device came from. If he never had the device, let him claim so. So far he's defensive, which is normal for someone scared of being accused as an accessory to a $2M crime of theft. But avoiding honest questions or being dodgy makes people suspicious and assume the worst.
0x000090

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:01:57 AM

I do not see why his order must necessarily have been made any differently than anyone else's.

I had been following this whole thing with interest ever since I ran across the thread in May; as such, I became aware of his statements on it almost immediately they were made, which was 10 June, and in which he claimed to have received the unit 8 June. Looking back through my emails, I see my fake order was made 29 May, two days after they opened ordering, so as I say, I see no requirement that he would have to have had any special type of communication with them to be shipped the unit. It's certainly possible they would have contacted him directly, or vice versa, but I am aware of no statements having been made to indicate this.

I agree with you that it would be great to get (along with the promised pics) those other details -- shipping, etc -- provided he still has them, but I don't think anyone is really disputing that he is, in fact, out of country at this time, so I don't see that there's much to do about it, until he returns home.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 03:10:13 AM
Merited by Searing (1)

No, the fact is he lied - he promised (TWICE!) to provide additional info and he didn't.

That's not how Occam's razor works. There is absolutely zero proof of the miner ever existing. The scammer absconded with the money. The only other person who claimed to have seen the miner is having a tantrum and threatening with lawyers instead of taking a few pics. And he's the one telling the truth? Come on.

There can't be actual evidence of something not existing, it's up to smaram to provide proof that he didn't lie because he's the one making the claim that he got the miner.

It's funny how this thread is being flooded with noobs and accounts woken up after months of hibernation, all so suddenly eager to whitewash the scam on page 52. I wonder what Occam would say about this.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:26:17 AM

No, the fact is he lied - he promised (TWICE!) to provide additional info and he didn't.

That's not how Occam's razor works. There is absolutely zero proof of the miner ever existing. The scammer absconded with the money. The only other person who claimed to have seen the miner is having a tantrum and threatening with lawyers instead of taking a few pics. And he's the one telling the truth? Come on.

There can't be actual evidence of something not existing, it's up to smaram to provide proof that he didn't lie because he's the one making the claim that he got the miner.

It's funny how this thread is being flooded with noobs and accounts woken up after months of hibernation, all so suddenly eager to whitewash the scam on page 52. I wonder what Occam would say about this.

yeah, you nailed it..also if a product did exist THAT DID NOT WORK WELL..then a NORMAL OP , would ask for advice on here etc

deafening silence...it never existed in any way/shape/form

scammers are now just using this thread as an experiment to see if they can double down and confuse and such on this silliness

like pulling wings off a fly..something to do ..if cruel and bored...sorry for those who lost btc

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Eth_Saver

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:57:19 AM

Can you tell me how is my request for you to do more research of your suspect. "Attempting to conceal the Dwarf FPGA scam." for which you flagged me?
I thought I am done here but you just flagged me as well for absolute nonsense I asked you exact opposite to go and get all info that is available in their discord not just those screens which show only fraction of information. Instead of doing so you just flagged me as well and didnt even attempt to lookup anything it seems.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 04:12:59 AM

Can you tell me how is my request for you to do more research of your suspect. "Attempting to conceal the Dwarf FPGA scam." for which you flagged me?
I thought I am done here but you just flagged me as well for absolute nonsense I asked you exact opposite to go and get all info that is available in their discord not just those screens which show only fraction of information. Instead of doing so you just flagged me as well and didnt even attempt to lookup anything it seems.

Instead of sending me on a wild goose chase you can do it yourself. Find whatever it is you think can be found and post it here.

So far all that you Bittube apologists have done is post walls of excuses. Bring facts. Let's start with pictures of the FPGA so that we could establish whether smaram lied or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: