Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:28:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another noob wishing he jumped in the pool earlier  (Read 2958 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:13:37 AM

Do you really have that many qt's on your computer?

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.
Are those trojans generally something a standard virus scanner (like Microsoft Security Essentials) would notice, or not? Safest would be to check the sources and compile yourself, but that's a lot of work for average Joe. We need a grading for executables where people could vote for a wallet whether it's safe or not, and have the MD5 for the file visible as well.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:19:05 AM

Do you really have that many qt's on your computer?

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.
Are those trojans generally something a standard virus scanner (like Microsoft Security Essentials) would notice, or not? Safest would be to check the sources and compile yourself, but that's a lot of work for average Joe. We need a grading for executables where people could vote for a wallet whether it's safe or not, and have the MD5 for the file visible as well.

Trojans and keyloggers would probably be detached but the average person would provably continue anyways.

BigT

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:47:18 AM

Same here
ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

I have decided DogeCoin is the future.

What do you say that for? Whats the reason?

Mainly because I've been able to mine them easily, there is a demand, and I have made several trades last few days for DOGE to BTC at excellent exchange rates. doges.org

As far as I see the price isnt going anywhere.

That's funny, because on day 5 of this coin's existence an exchange has already picked it up (coinedup.com). This exchange only trades in 10 cryptos at most, and just added LTC/DOGE today (day 6) in addition to the previous BTC/DOGE.

The price spiked from .1 BTC / 1M DOGE to .19 BTC / 1M DOGE just 6 hours ago...and trades on doges.org and irc have gone for even more than that last 24 hours.

Rumor has it another DOGE exchange coming within 2-3 days.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:19:07 AM

I have decided DogeCoin is the future.

What do you say that for? Whats the reason?

Mainly because I've been able to mine them easily, there is a demand, and I have made several trades last few days for DOGE to BTC at excellent exchange rates. doges.org

As far as I see the price isnt going anywhere.

That's funny, because on day 5 of this coin's existence an exchange has already picked it up (coinedup.com). This exchange only trades in 10 cryptos at most, and just added LTC/DOGE today (day 6) in addition to the previous BTC/DOGE.

The price spiked from .1 BTC / 1M DOGE to .19 BTC / 1M DOGE just 6 hours ago...and trades on doges.org and irc have gone for even more than that last 24 hours.

Rumor has it another DOGE exchange coming within 2-3 days.

Hmmm. You are talking in millions, but ok. I dont trust it but some think otherwise.

Four-Rings-Workshop

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:16:43 PM

I also feel like I missed the boat.
My good friend has had servers at his disposal for years. I told him the other day that we could have been millionares by now.

Oh, well though better late than never.
I was looking at the market 6weeks ago when btc=650 $, then i went on a 10 day vacation and the price doubled!!
I should have bought 1-2K wworth but didnt want to risk too much.  Gotta be in the game to win.

ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:49:06 AM

So, interesting update, I've so far made 3.2 BTC off my DOGE adventures. The boat has already come and gone tho, far too late to start mining as it is about to cross 6 GH/s. Not bad for day 8 of a new alt-coin lol, but happy I was able to make what I did. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: