Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying gold in the State of WA? They want your fingerprint, photo and signature.  (Read 1089 times)
Stephen Gornick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 07:46:04 PM

If passed, Bill 1716 will record "a complete description of the property pledged, bought, or consigned, including the brand name, serial number, model number or name, any initials or engraving, size, pattern, and color or stone or stones" and of course price. But the kicker: if a transaction is made for an amount over $100, which means one tenth of an ounce of golds, also required will be a "signature, photo, and fingerprint of the person with whom the transaction is made."

First they came for those who bought gold and I did not speak out because I did not buy any gold.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

February 19, 2011, 07:50:11 PM

I guess this is so they can confiscate it when the dollar crashes. : P
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 11:02:55 PM

No, this is just the police state clicking up another notch.

Nobody believed us when we said banking Know-Your-Customers was the beginning of the police state.

"If you have nothing to hide what are you afraid of" they denigrated the gold bugs with.

It has a life of its own now and will run full course. There is almost a majority of the society dependent upon the spoils of the police state, taxes, fees and fines, so no, it won't stop until the society is destroyed and reset.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 04:11:38 PM

George Jung long ago discovered that piles of rat gnawed stinky green paper was difficult to trade into anything of value outside of the excited states.

Yellow metal carries easily, resists rodent damage and is readily traded into luxury cars and fast women anywhere in the world.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: