Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3445 times)
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:40:52 AM

I think bitcoin no need to re-brand. Bitcoin brand already strong in many country and people already know about bitcoin. Bitcoin just need more time for growing and we should hold our bitcoin if we want bitcoin price recover again

If Bitcoin is strong for you, why does Bitcoin experiencing a great dump now? I know that it is normal to fall down like that but do we really need say that it needs more time? It don't need time, Bitcoin will recover if the investors chooses to. The investors, users and traders and holders are the one responsible for the price changes. Also, doesn't mean you are holding your Bitcoin, you will be earning money or the price will pump, it will not. That srill depends.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:36:30 PM

What coin definitely doesn't need rebranding is Bitcoin. Where did you get the information that bitcoin has a bad reputation? And what is this bad reputation at all? I have not heard of it anywhere.
Yes, many weak and stupid people tend to blame Bitcoin for what happens to the market and that the coin! is blame of their failures. But do we really need to take into account the opinions of these people? These people don't see beyond their nose and they are not able to admit their mistakes, so no rebranding will definitely help, these people will continue to blame Bitcoin (or something and someone) for all their misfortunes.
Rebranding also doesn't resolve the issue that people can associate Bitcoin with some kind of physical coin. This is the usual ignorance. Time will help to cope with this question. People need time to learn about the blockchain and the currencies created on it. For this crypto enthusiasts have to talk about it with people who don’t know about it yet.
By the way, Bitcoin is already very modern, so it doesn't need rebranding.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

I think bitcoin is not necessary as you say. because so far bitcoin has been established, there are still many who do not believe it, if bitcoin is changed as you think, of course it will start over. because bitcoin travel is also certainly not yet at its peak.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:51:05 PM

We should not re-brand bitcoin, because it is already serving for a decade now and its name is already known and familiar all over the world especially to places that are  using digital currency, bitcoin had establish its name as a bitcoin so it should not be change to other hind of name.  

Branding does not imply a name change. Branding is just a change of style, mostly external. I do not know how branding can be attributed to bitcoin because it is a digital asset and it does not have such a style. Maybe that's his main problem. I would try to draw something interesting, but only if someone paid me.

Joeyvicky

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:11:15 PM

FOr what sort of genuine reason will cause a rebranding of bitcoin. Very serious or is it about music where we can easily rebrand or what. ANd as far as i know even in this current form of bitcoin there is no alts coin that has made better name as bitcoin which will cause a rebrand of name. Am sure this recent dips has cause all these and i believe when they tables turn for bitcoin these same people seeking for rebranding will all hail for bitcoin.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 12:01:30 AM

Bitcoin does not need rebranding. All bitcoin needs is people who be able to adapt to the change in the way goods and services are transacted  within the Blockchain ecosystem. People need to understand the advancement Bitcoin present to our financial ecosystem and adapt to this change.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:07:14 AM

What does OP mean by rebranding? Is it changing its name? the way it is used? I don't understand.

If that's what he meant then there goes alt coins. Every single day there is a new coin that is launched for a specific usage based on customers and none of them ever get over bitcoin for a long time. Why re-brand again?
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:03:19 AM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin
I believe that this is not a good idea . Why we need to rebrand bitcoin ? There is nothing wrong about the name , we should not rebrand but rather expose .
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:39:35 AM

It is not necessary to re-brand bitcoin, because even if its name will be change but still it is a bitcoin, so the name bitcoin will be still the name ,because its been for many years ,and bitcoin is looking good ,it is only now that the market is in falldown and all coins are affected ,and if we change the brand name it will not make the market rise immediately.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

We should not re-brand bitcoin, because it is already serving for a decade now and its name is already known and familiar all over the world especially to places that are  using digital currency, bitcoin had establish its name as a bitcoin so it should not be change to other hind of name.  

Branding does not imply a name change. Branding is just a change of style, mostly external. I do not know how branding can be attributed to bitcoin because it is a digital asset and it does not have such a style. Maybe that's his main problem. I would try to draw something interesting, but only if someone paid me.

Rebranding is a marketing strategy in which a new name, term, symbol, design, or combination thereof is created for an established brand with the intention of developing a new, differentiated identity in the minds of consumers, investors, competitors, and other stakeholders. Often, this involves radical changes to a brand's logo, name, legal names, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes. Such changes typically aim to reposition the brand/company, occasionally to distance itself from negative connotations of the previous branding, or to move the brand upmarket; they may also communicate a new message a new board of directors wishes to communicate. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebranding)
Yes, in the world of crypto currencies, some teams use rebranding. For example: Dash used to be called Darkcoin, Neo used to be called Antshares, Nano formerly known as RaiBlocks. Behind the rebranding is not only the change of name, but also some internal changes.
But, as I wrote above, Bitcoin doesn't need rebranding. In my opinion.
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:53:30 PM

I think that it is too late to rebrand bitcoin because it has been developing for 10 years. Moreover, it is already good enough, just not all people understand the technology and because of that, born such a huge number of skeptical opinions about it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

I do not see anything wrong with the modern image of bitcoin. He is developing well, even despite the huge amount of skepticism around him, but the technology itself is not to blame. This is just the opinion of people and their misunderstanding of bitcoin generates such a negative.

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 09:59:10 PM

bitcoin is unique in its own way and it has no mistakes neither  does it have corrections to be effected nad as such does not need to be re-branded for any particular reason as it is working within the framework needed by the team of programmers that did factor it.

Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:02:34 PM

I think Bitcoin's strength lies in the fact that he remains in his almost unchanged form from the very beginning. We should make sure that it remains traditionally unchanged than thinking about rebranding
Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:19:48 PM

Of course we don't have to do that. Bitcoin should remain a bitcoin and continue to develop on its line. I don't think there's anything about his technology or his image that needs to be changed.

WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:36:10 PM

I do not think that something needs to be changed in bitcoin itself. It is necessary to change the attitude of people to it, to educate students at universities, ordinary people, it is necessary to increase their knowledge about bitcoin. The more people will understand it, the less skepticism will be around cryptocurrency.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:42:05 AM

I do not think that something needs to be changed in bitcoin itself. It is necessary to change the attitude of people to it, to educate students at universities, ordinary people, it is necessary to increase their knowledge about bitcoin. The more people will understand it, the less skepticism will be around cryptocurrency.

Though I don't think they will all be interested about it.

We all know that people have their own point of view to these kind of things and we should respect what it is though the problem is that they have their own point of view not knowing what really is Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I do know some people that are saying things they don't know about it and other people are believing it since they don't know what really is. They are spreading information to other people and it is really frustrating..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: