Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about charity?  (Read 713 times)
permadi

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:01:14 PM

as long as I give respect to everyone who gives charity in this world, and I appreciate your deeds Nick  Smiley, at least it can make your heart comfortable after doing charity, I think nothing is useless as long as it's right on target. maybe you can do a charity in another way, for me it doesnt have to be material but also good deeds to the environment and nature
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viarahine

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

I strive to increase my capital to give a part of what I earned to the poor and to orphanages. And also, if possible, to create a platform of charity, launch an ICO and release your cryptocurrency. The greater the growth of the cryptocurrency, the more it will be possible to give to the poor.
Eth-Jackcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

To my own opinion, i'll say that you should go ahead with the charity attitude. Reasons being that it will take nothing more than it has from you since it's your decision. Just do it for concsience sake, then if it's in thy power to follow it up - you follow it up.
bluemongrel

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:52:40 PM

Most are not good, they're often used for money laundering and tax purposes as well. I also think it's better to pay for good service and products to keep the economy going, on top of rules to prevent monopolies from lobbying, rather than hand out money.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:15:48 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 11:42:04 AM by vapourminer

charities are obviously a good way to help the needy (but verify how funds are used).

i donate here and there to charities i find worthy, and my church is involved in many local charities. i like that way more than the national mega charities as churches tend to help local communities with problems local to the area. it also builds up relationships with that community.

personally helping directly with charities, as in volunteering your time to food pantries, soup kitchens etc is a personally rewarding experience. money is great but hands on labor is a good way to help your community as you directly see how it is helping and touching families lives, as well as gain knowledge on what is needed, what is not, what can be improved. and many idea presented by volunteers in the field to better utilize resources and what further directions to go have made it even better.

back before huge government handouts churches handled helping much of the disadvantaged, it seemed to work well then.

PrinceFury

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:21:59 PM

In doing their bit for those poor, philanthropy additionally strengthens an order of need, as in don't gripe about your part, in light of the fact that there is dependably somebody more terrible off than you. The south London grade school my child used to go to used to raise very generous totals for Save the Children, when I realized that there were a few children in that school who didn't have shoes that fitted them, warm winter coats and lived in sub-standard lodging. Exceptionally commendable, I assume, yet it made influence me to feel that there was a message that you ought to be thankful for what you have.
ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:25:54 PM

charity is good. If I have a lot of money, besides myself, I will give some for charity. There are many charity foundation that we can give, and they will distribute to people who are deficient. Whether the money is used or given to people who should not accept or not, I do not care, the important thing is that I have done charity. because all the money we have is impossible to only be used for ourselves, we also have to see the people around us who are lacking.
I will not be poor just because of charity. or if I doubt the charity foundation, I can give directly to those in need.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:22:37 PM

In the simplest way, charity is a noble act, helping people and providing comfort to the less fortunate.
Though, some people do take advantage of this, in particular the rich because as it happens charitable contribution is excluded from tax, and this leaves plenty of room for tax evasion while at the same time you look rather innocent.
Andrey3010

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:19:34 PM

I think it's very right to help people in need! People who suffered from cataclysms or wars. Or simply not in the making allow yourself what you can afford!
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

Honestly, I don't like using the word "Charity" when I share something with the less fortunate person. it can be financial, moral support or anything etc so that other person can get up on his/her feet again.
life is too short for this fake "feel good" feeling. I tend to avoid this emotion but sometimes it gets you due to human nature but only for short time of period.

There is saying in India which sums it all if you sharing or helping someone in need. I try my best to follow this :

Neki kar dariya mein daal

Do good and put it in the river
warriorcryptobar

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:49:03 PM

This is a harder question than I initially came across. In trying to answer this no bs, I discovered a lot about my tendency to give. I think of myself as a charitable person, yet  I don't donate more than a specific amount for any cause. Im inclined to root for the cause and donate little. A part of it, I think is I make its easy to forget, so that I am as willing to donate the next offer. I don't want to feel like I am donating too much, or it makes me want to donate less. All my thinking is ruled by the amount of money on average I carry on me. If I had more I would throw this out the window, and donate to what percentage effect my donation should make on the end goal. I would be more choosy, and knowledgeable in what I am looking to help with.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:01:54 PM

Helping people is admirable and I wish more people had the same ideas but as it happens the world is the way it is and we're greedy. If only we all looked after the people in need around us and offer a helping hand the world might be a better place...but that just won't happen because we're just humans.
honghe99

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

As long as it is a formal charity, I am willing to donate to him, but it must be recognized by the public, because many despicable people now use charity to swindle money!
oxoxoxox

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:52:12 AM

I think the world needs more charities, because there are still many people who need help. When I meet these people who need help, I am very willing to donate a certain amount of money to them!
JostikSSS

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:20:15 PM

I think that charity is necessary and it is wonderful when people without a request transfer their money to help poor and sick people.
Inequality prevails in the world and it has always been 1% of the world's population owns 99% of the money in the world. Transferring money to help someone the main thing that it came from your soul, without feeling regret and a sense of greed because this you help the needy.
Kay28

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:07:56 AM

Charity is much needed in the third world county as it will maintain necessary provision and bridge out help between govt and private sect, well off individuals to the needy/poor.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:53:01 PM

Depends heavily on the charity, what they are doing, and the operational management of said charity.

Not all charities are equal, and not all charities are fair. Before donating, look into them. Know where your money is going, otherwise it can be irresponsible.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:54:29 PM
Merited by dbshck (1)

if i had a significant amount to give away i would not be handing it over to a charity. i'd go find something important and make it happen directly myself.

big charities are now big business. check some of the benefits they hand out to entice executives. they'll say they need that to attract the right people. fine. my money is not paying for some asshole's business class seat. he can go back to wall st.

some are of course much better than others. i still don't like the idea of any money being soaked up in pensions and offices.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:40:36 AM

Base on your statement, Donations may be advantage or disadvantage at all. In advantage, as a donator you will think that your money may help them to make their life better but as to consider your concern that talks about disadvantage, you also might helping them to be lazy or you can also say that you are helping to be dependent person which is wrong.
loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:51:16 AM

I think that charity is something I share with you what you need and maybe you or someone else shares me what I need. Maybe you are rich and me too, but both you and I need is something that can't buy with money. Is that right? Maybe what you need is also what I need, so I do not give away but I am willing to share with you. Living on life, what we really need is a heart. That heart is to be willing to share, not just to be ready to give away
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: