Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that STABLECOINS are needed in the future of crypto payments?  (Read 1627 times)
CP_Processor (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 07:55:17 AM

Yes, the cryptocurrecy which can be used in future payments is really great because it will make the cryptocurrency group more wider range in terms of services that they provide in the public market.

Good point!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valessiobrito

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:58:25 PM

I think Stablecoins have to reach the point where crypto payments is their main (or one their main).
Of course not to limit their utility, and I don't mean it should only used as payment method. But the price fluctuations on BTC, ETH, LTC etc, are huge and it will take a lot of time, money, effort for them to be traded like in a usual "normal" market.
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

I think Stablecoins have to reach the point where crypto payments is their main (or one their main).
Of course not to limit their utility, and I don't mean it should only used as payment method. But the price fluctuations on BTC, ETH, LTC etc, are huge and it will take a lot of time, money, effort for them to be traded like in a usual "normal" market.

Although stablecoins are one of the hot topics in 2018, it seems that a great majority of people still don't quite understand their main concept. Hopefully, that will soon change if we wanna see stablecoins as the future of crypto payments.
We believe that education is the first step towards introducing stablecoins in mass use.

For example, how would you explain what stablecoins are to a complete crypto beginner?
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

During our extensive market research, we have come across some devastating facts. The majority of people that are dealing with cryptocurrencies, still has no clue what the concept of stablecoins is all about. The most popular false opinion is that it refers to cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or ether, that are in some way, superior to other cryptocurrencies and dictate the price change. That is why we have decided to start a public group StableCoins, whose sole purpose will be to educate the community about the potential and significance of stablecoins in general.

If you are interested in stablecoins, join the public group StableCoins, and help us spread the word - https://www.facebook.com/groups/208634679804038/

We strongly believe that stablecoins might be the key to mass adoption of cryptocurrencies!
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

As part of our efforts to educate community about the importance of stablecoins, we have made a public spreadsheet with relevant information on stablecoin projects. Feel free to share it - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17giG2v5I7CrtiftvXooTFWoHqA0NKnHyOoy5fE8Tfms/edit#gid=0
If you wish to add something about your project, please contact us!
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

New update of public StableCoins Overview Report!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTf2gZZJrpSXCxcx_pE4Sjta2lDnDXWbK0ARgoIw_HkYGoIdFtfi0QRJs3DFMnoaQm47cOxeS-0gSiI/pubhtml#

What's new? Terra, Gemini Dollar and CarbonUSD added!
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 10:38:28 AM

Proud to be included in http://Blockhain.com  State of Stablecoins, comprehensive report on current strengths, trade-offs and concerns associated with stablecoin problems! 😃https://www.blockchain.com/research
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:34:43 PM

The crypto world is going wild for 'stablecoins' — here's everything you need to know about them ℹ️📖
https://blog.blockchain.com/…/…/26/the-state-of-stablecoins/
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 01:00:22 PM

📯TETHER GOES DOWN
The next wave of USD-backed stablecoins have begun to make their way onto high-volume cryptocurrency exchanges, and early indications suggest that traders may trust them more than tether (USDT)...
https://cryptoinvest.tech/new-crop-of-regulated-stablecoins-are-trading-at-a-premium-to-tether/
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:22:12 PM

Here, you will find everything about the current state of all Stablecoin projects!
https://medium.com/cp-processor/comprehensive-overview-of-stablecoins-819d183f6ac7

I think it could be a wise idea for people that accept payments in crypto. For example I get paid in bitcoin for the work I do but if I am going to get payments in more stablecoins like usdt or similar that could be wiser for me in investment sense. Right now sometimes the money I make gets bigger because the price goes higher but sometimes it gets less because the price is going lower.

However if I start to accept the stable coins such as usdt or usdc than the money I make stays the same no matter what, if you believe a future in bitcoin that is a bad move but if you believe it will go down that it is a smart move.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

I think that yes, because it seems to me that stable coins need to be very strong in order to finally fix your deposit, but on the other hand, they can worsen the situation very much for traders if the project is scam
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:54:19 AM

Here, you will find everything about the current state of all Stablecoin projects!
https://medium.com/cp-processor/comprehensive-overview-of-stablecoins-819d183f6ac7

I think it could be a wise idea for people that accept payments in crypto. For example I get paid in bitcoin for the work I do but if I am going to get payments in more stablecoins like usdt or similar that could be wiser for me in investment sense. Right now sometimes the money I make gets bigger because the price goes higher but sometimes it gets less because the price is going lower.

However if I start to accept the stable coins such as usdt or usdc than the money I make stays the same no matter what, if you believe a future in bitcoin that is a bad move but if you believe it will go down that it is a smart move.

That is one smart use case for stablecoins  Wink
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:58:22 AM

Hey guys, here is an update of our StableCoin Overview Report!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTf2gZZJrpSXCxcx_pE4Sjta2lDnDXWbK0ARgoIw_HkYGoIdFtfi0QRJs3DFMnoaQm47cOxeS-0gSiI/pubhtml#

Special thanks to @Globcoin_io for sharing their exciting news with us - their GLX is now live on blockchain 👏
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

I think that is an absolute necessary to have a stable coin if we wish to use it as a payment system, cause if it isn't stable, then every merchant or people who used the coins for payment will meet hard time to utilize it.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:16:12 AM

Yeah, I strongly believe that stable coins are needed. Just imagine you have 1000 btc and there is a bull run. You predict bearish market soon and need to fix your profit. Cashing out isn't a good idea, so you need stable coin with liquidity to convert 1000 BTC. Next year will be a year of stable coins!
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:10:45 AM

Yeah, I strongly believe that stable coins are needed. Just imagine you have 1000 btc and there is a bull run. You predict bearish market soon and need to fix your profit. Cashing out isn't a good idea, so you need stable coin with liquidity to convert 1000 BTC. Next year will be a year of stable coins!

Definitely! Community needs to start using stablecoins more. Good think is that now more and more people are raising awareness on stablecoins. The main question next year will be which one is going to prove its worth in the market, and which one will truly hold its peg and manage to stay stable in all market conditions
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:12:22 AM

The mere fact this thread has still not incorporated bitbay is strange

It is clearly the best of the stable coins it's rolling democratic fully transparent and decentralised approach  is in the true spirit of crypto currency

I suggested this early on in this thread.

CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

It is clearly the best of the stable coins it's rolling democratic fully transparent and decentralised approach  is in the true spirit of crypto currency

Thank you for your suggestion. It will be added in the next update of our StableCoin report
acaciosc

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

Do you think that STABLECOINS are needed in the future of crypto payments?
If you have an opinion on this subject, leave a comment, or follow this link and cast your vote Wink https://twitter.com/CP_Processor/status/993797972860301312
Why do we need so many stable coins in the market? Currently we have Tether, TrueUSD, GUSD, Dai, Binance was going to create its own stable coin. But what if it turns out that one of the stable coins has no value?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:06:36 AM

It is clearly the best of the stable coins it's rolling democratic fully transparent and decentralised approach  is in the true spirit of crypto currency

Thank you for your suggestion. It will be added in the next update of our StableCoin report

Thank you that would be a very sensible addition.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: