Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare To Give Up All Private Data For Any Gold Purchase Over $100  (Read 1378 times)
nofuture (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:47:06 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/prepare-give-all-private-data-any-gold-purchase-over-100

This is why Bitcoin is the only way to go for the tough times ahead.  Invented just in time as it seems.  History has a funny way of working.   

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2011, 04:27:43 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/prepare-give-all-private-data-any-gold-purchase-over-100

This is why Bitcoin is the only way to go for the tough times ahead.  Invented just in time as it seems.  History has a funny way of working.   

Well there will always be black market gold, but it wont be as easy to trade as bitcoins.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2011, 05:02:23 AM

This is why Bitcoin is the only way to go for the tough times ahead.  Invented just in time as it seems.  History has a funny way of working.  

Maybe I misunderstood, but when I read the actual text of the bill, it sounded like a law that mainly required the collection of information for anyone selling gold to a pawnshop.  That is, it required collecting information about the seller.  The bill didn't seem to say it applied to anyone selling any gold for any reason, it sounded like it was specifically meant to apply to pawnshops and to people who make a living out of trading second-hand goods like guns and gold.  To the extent it meant buying - who in their right mind would ever buy gold from a pawn shop as a way to preserve wealth?

Otherwise, jewelry stores would have to start fingerprinting their customers.  Could you imagine that?  I'm sure they'd start making noise if that's what this really meant.

From my understanding, this was no more a currency control bill than it is a gun control bill.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 04:16:34 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2011, 06:49:41 PM by barbarousrelic

I just hope they don't start cracking down on the sale of gold through a certain purple-peace-signed Internet classified webpage.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
royalecraig

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:41:25 PM

First they came for the Pawn Shop owners and their customers......
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: