Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for reputable signer on a 2/3 multisig transaction  (Read 217 times)
scdl2018 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:36:53 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 07:38:53 AM by scdl2018

Hi
I'm looking for a reputable forum member who would play the third signer on a 2/3 multisig address. I'm trying to buy BTC with Paypal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3643378

Your role would be an independent entity who would have to decide who gets the funds in case of a disagreement. All you have to do is not loosing your private key for that multisig address. You would get 1% of the transferred BTC at the end of the deal. I'm planing on doing this regularly in the region of up to 3000$/180days, but the first transactions would be of low value (e.g. 50$), to grow confidence. In the expected case you only have to provide your public multisig key once and do nothing besides receiving your 1% share. Only in case of a dispute you will have to step in.

Reputable is someone with a positive trust score, more than 1 year registered, more than 100 messages and active profile.

Dispute process
As the third signer your most important task is not loosing your private key (or the generation seed) for our shared address. For each deal you received the details at the beginning. A deal is me buying x BTC for y USD from seller. In case of a dispute I will give you access to my Paypal account where you can make an informed decision. If that doesn't happen or there is any doubt err on the side of the seller.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:18:49 PM

I can provide this service for you, please check out my trust history. Also note that time registered doesn't mean anything, as accounts are regularly bought and sold around here.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16726

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

Your role would be an independent entity who would have to decide who gets the funds in case of a disagreement.
To make an informed decision, "#3" would need access to at least one of the two involved Paypal accounts, right? This is a risk. I'm pretty sure Paypal doesn't allow this, and it'll instantly raise red flags with Paypal if someone logs in from a different geographical region.

All you have to do is not loosing your private key for that multisig address. You would get 1% of the transferred BTC at the end of the deal.
Chances are 1% of 500$ is not enough to pay the fee to use it, making it useless if fees rise again.

I'm planing on doing this regularly in the region of up to 500$/month, but the first transactions would be of low value (e.g. 50$), to grow confidence.
"To grow confidence" is a very tricky statement, and a great way to plan an exit scam. I'm not saying you are, but it's a red flag to me.

In the expected case you only have to provide your public multisig key once and do nothing besides receiving your 1% share.
To take an informed decision, #3 needs to know the details of the deal, and keep track of it for up to 180 days. That's a lot of work for a maximum of 5$.

Only in case of a dispute you will have to step in.
Say #3 is not involved until the end. How will you provide evidence of the details of the deal?

Reputable is someone with a positive trust score, more than 1 year registered, more than 100 messages and active profile.
Thousands of users fit this description, and I wouldn't trust most of them. You should be much more careful who to trust.

scdl2018 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:35:23 PM

To make an informed decision, "#3" would need access to at least one of the two involved Paypal accounts, right?
If it really comes to that, I will let #3 login into my Paypal account. If for whatever reasons this is not possible, consider me as a fraud and #3 should decide in favour of the seller.

Chances are 1% of 500$ is not enough to pay the fee
Fees are payed by me. #3 receives 1% of the total involved BTC.

"To grow confidence" is a very tricky statement
I mean growing confidence into this process. Like I'm not doing multisig everyday. I'm planing to keep this process and you should distrust me always.

To take an informed decision, #3 needs to know the details of the deal, and keep track of it for up to 180 days. That's a lot of work for a maximum of 5$.
Details will be available per CC. And it is just "I buy X BTC for Y USD from seller". That's it. The thing is, I really expect that #3 won't be involved at all, because the main reason for #3 is protecting the seller against me being a troll for charging back and letting the BTC rot. So now with #3, I think it is very unlikely that I am really a troll and #3 might never be needed. So it is really 5$ for just providing that key and not loosing the private key. If #3 thinks 1% is too little, please make a counter offer.

Also I was looking for the chargeback period and didn't find anything useful yet. Do you have a link to that 180 days?

Say #3 is not involved until the end. How will you provide evidence of the details of the deal?
#3 gets the original deal at the beginning. Evidence can be collected from my Paypal account. If I don't provide access consider me a fraud.

You should be much more careful who to trust.
That's a good point. I really have no idea what criteria would be sufficient. What would you consider trustful?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16726

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:46:07 PM

To make an informed decision, "#3" would need access to at least one of the two involved Paypal accounts, right?
If it really comes to that, I will let #3 login into my Paypal account. If for whatever reasons this is not possible, consider me as a fraud and #3 should decide in favour of the seller.
My point is: I wouldn't want to login that way, as it red flags my IP (and my own Paypal account).

Chances are 1% of 500$ is not enough to pay the fee
Fees are payed by me. #3 receives 1% of the total involved BTC.
In December, that would have been 0.00025BTC, while fees were about 4 times higher than that amount.

Also I was looking for the chargeback period and didn't find anything useful yet. Do you have a link to that 180 days?
A quick search shows this and this.
I'm not sure what the limits are if stolen creditcards are involved, but it's safe to assume they'll go after their money as long as they can.

You should be much more careful who to trust.
That's a good point. I really have no idea what criteria would be sufficient. What would you consider trustful?
Users have trust ratings, although some can be fake, and not all transactions lead to a rating. Reading someone's trust (including "untrusted feedback") and reference links is a good start.
Don't just look at green trust, read what it was given for.

scdl2018 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:15:50 PM

My point is: I wouldn't want to login that way, as it red flags my IP (and my own Paypal account).
You can login via Tor with a browser in private browsing mode. That way your ip address and your paypal account is not involved at all. Login via Tor into Paypal is possible. If for whatever reasons it is not possible, consider me a fraud Wink In doubt err on the side of the seller.

In December, that would have been 0.00025BTC, while fees were about 4 times higher than that amount.
December was extreme, but if that case it happens again, I agreed on paying the fees. That will be part of the deal with the seller. In case #3 is not needed the seller will only sign transactions which include the 1% transaction to #3. In case #3 is needed #3 will only sign if their 1% transaction is included. I think it would even be safe to pay those 1% beforehand. But that is something which I would have to agree with the seller on. I mean the seller is using #3 as well and it should be find to pay #3 beforehand. In any case, #3 has not to worry about transaction fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: