Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading $300 for your BTC. I am paying premium!  (Read 4176 times)
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 10:04:27 PM

I need about 25 BTC.  TECSHARE said he will assist me.

Ffuentes, this is my first time with BTC.  I needed the BTC asap so I can order the meds and have them waiting for me.  Even a day without cortisol is dangerous.  My understanding is mtgox takes days, as apposed to minutes if I trade with someone like TECSHARE.  I am risking cash for speedy BTC... And lost

Who is selling you cortisol for BTC? Can you buy it with your local currency? Why not?

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stefanie Andrea

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 10:12:56 PM

I hope you get your meds soon.  Smiley
thefatcat (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 10:41:14 PM

I need about 25 BTC.  TECSHARE said he will assist me.

Ffuentes, this is my first time with BTC.  I needed the BTC asap so I can order the meds and have them waiting for me.  Even a day without cortisol is dangerous.  My understanding is mtgox takes days, as apposed to minutes if I trade with someone like TECSHARE.  I am risking cash for speedy BTC... And lost

Who is selling you cortisol for BTC? Can you buy it with your local currency? Why not?

Someone through an open vendor market on Tor will be supplying me for a hefty fee, if I can get the BTC that is.  If you read my earlier post I can not get the cortisol because my doctor won't send the script to one of the pharmacies here in Atlanta, Georgia (he is in Florida).  Apparently the DEA is cracking down hard on doctors, they aren't even allowed to write anti-biotics to their own family without getting backlash.

So I can either drive back down to my hometown to get cortisol from my mother, or my pharmacy.  Or  I can buy the cortisol and have it mailed to my address I will be moving to, waiting for me securely.

I just drove all over atlanta and no greendot moneypaks are available (only the shitty pre-paid debit card things).  Anyone have any suggestions?  I really don't want to have to take 24 straight hours away from my schedule, but if it's between that and potential E.R. visit, i'll choose the drive home.

TECSHARE I'm sorry I can't find the correct moneypak, I will continue to scour Atlanta for them.  The CVS said they sold out within a day.
Stefanie Andrea

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:16:33 PM

Do you have a Walmart there?

They always have MoneyPak there
thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:40:50 PM

Yes, believe it or not I went to walmart in Atlanta.  They said "we've had issues with them, we no longer carry them".  I went to two CVSs, a Walgreens, a kroger, and walmart.  CVS said they sold out in a day.  Walmart, kroger,  and Walgreens said they don't carry them.

I willl search again within an hour.
thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:53:33 PM

Does anyone else think it's strange that she replied to another thread today, but hasn't responded to this thread?  A thread accusing her of scamming and she doesn't even try to clear the air?  It's fair to label her a scammer, beware everyone. 

And thank you for your kind words Stefani
thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 12:32:53 AM

I found moneypaks!  Just waiting on his response and I'm good to go.  Thanks everyone, and I hope that scamming scumbag gets what he/she deserves.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 02:09:38 AM

Just wanted to confirm for everyone I have receive payment from thefatcat and everything is legit so far. I have had no reason to believe he is up to anything at this point, and payment is in hand. I will update if any issues turn up.
thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 02:42:22 AM

Thanks TECSHARE.

I assure you and everyone on here I will be one of the most honest people you will ever meet.  I am a little trusting which does more harm than good, as can be seen in this thread.

Looking forward to learning the ways of bitcoin, and thanks to TECSHARE I don't need to worry about my medication.  As soon as he sends the rest of the BTC and I get 5 BTC from his friend I will be more than relieved.
jboss

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:27:19 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2011, 05:07:28 PM by jboss

PM me if do end up needing some coins.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:29:34 AM

this post is helpful for the evolution of bitcoin, transaction should be the important aspect for all bitcoiners, should we make a another attachment of justify the bitcoiners' reputation?
Hope no argues here.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 04:24:47 AM

PM sent to you jboss, thank you.

viboracecata, could you elaborate on your post?  I don't quite understand what you're saying.

EDIT: jboss if you do end up donating a BTC or two, which would be an over-the-top kind gesture and very kind, I swear I will pay you back the BTC.
wezzy

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 04:32:02 AM

Guys its time to start using Escrow services for trade, better to deal with people who have either a solid feedback/reputation on transactions. Stay away from paypal as ppl can just pay you with hacked/stolen accounts. If you take paypal you will be burnt.

Look at other web currencies like Liberty reserve or other gold currencies. That way you get paid you stay paid  no charge backs.

Cheers,
Wes.

jboss

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:06:38 PM

I think a reputation system needs to get built or used.

I've been trading hardware over the net and we used Heatware.

I trust heatware and never had transactional problems in the 80+ transactions I did.

Of course, bitcoin might require something more sophisticated.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 06:54:05 AM

I think a reputation system needs to get built or used.

I've been trading hardware over the net and we used Heatware.

I trust heatware and never had transactional problems in the 80+ transactions I did.

Of course, bitcoin might require something more sophisticated.

heatware is the greatest!

i started a buy-n-sell classifieds forum with a feedback system, it's Bit-Coin-Trading.com.  Having feedback points attributed to a user would obviously make that person more trustworthy.  Both parties would have to be members of the forum, however.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:15:54 AM

1) Yes, always use escrow!
2) Never just assume someone is trustworthy because of proper grammar. I've written many essays (4-5 pages) on how Social Engineering works.
3) I, along with a few others, plan to start developing a Web-of-Trust solution for all traders. It will be a lot faster than using http://bitcoin-otc.com/. I find it a great site, but insane waiting time to register. So, the site in mind will be an instant register. But you have some sort of trust to be able to +rep or -rep someone.

If you look through my post, I've made one somewhere about my idea.
I'm heading on vacation Monday, so that night I'll start working on it.

thefatcat (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 12:18:59 AM

Sorry I been away.  I wanted to update you guys.  Sorry if i'm reviving an old thread or dragging this out.

I contacted paypal.  She's been unresponsive to me.  So for sure she's getting my $100.

The other two 100s paypal contacted her about and asked her for shipping info.  She gave some random BTC address?  Something tells me she's not responding to paypal.

Hopefully I'll get my $200 back in 10 days, if I'm very lucky and she's a moron. 

The $100 is hers now.  Again, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES PEOPLE.  She nearly costed me a whole lot of trouble.  Fortunately there's some great members on here.  TECSHARE is a great guy, he really did save my ass and he must have been on for 8+ hours with me getting my last BTC so I could get my meds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: