Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Design Contest :: The 2014 Physical Deposit Bitcoin  (Read 885 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:52:41 PM

I am officially launching the 2014 physical bitcoin design contest. The aims of this contest is for the community to collectively design and vote on a new design for a 2014 physical deposit bitcoin to be used for marketing the brand. The winner of the design contest will receive 2 physical deposit bitcoins and 2 BTC deposited to an address of their choosing.

I am sure the first question going through your head is "what is a physical deposit bitcoin"? A physical deposit bitcoin will be a round coin with a design on front and back and on the reverse side will have a place for a QR code to be laser color engraved. This QR code will allow you to make it easy to have someone pay you in BTC from any QR equipped device. Or you can just use it as a novelty gift to give to a friend to help spread the word, a great way to talk them into setting up a wallet and making them feel like part of the bitcoin community.

Design specs & contest rules

Size: 1.5 inch diameter and 3mm thick
reverse side must have a 3/4 inch flat square space centered in the middle for engraving the QR code
Must contain the year 2014 somewhere on the front of the coin

All submissions must be submitted by January 1st 2014. at which time i will set up a poll for everyone to vote on the winning design.
All submissions must be submitted through this thread and contain either the image embedded in the post or a link to your image.
We have only 4 choices for coloring to keep it looking like a real coin, Antique bronze, Matte Silver, Polished gold, and Polished Silver. Please use only these colors, in any combination.

I am open to sugestions on how to make the Physical Deposit BitCoin more user freindly, as long as they are constructive and not a bunch of criticisms, if its not for you then its not for you, you do not speak for the community.

Q&A

Q: Can i make more than one submission
A: No, we will have several rounds of voting to narrow it down to the final 3 and then one final vote to decide the winner. if i receive hundreds of submissions it only makes the voting process more complicated.

Q: Why do you want to do this?
A: Before selling off half of my BitCoin and retiring, i worked in marketing, now bitcoin is a way of life for me not just something to do, over the next year i am going to work on a lot of ways to spread the word about bitcoin from a marketing standpoint its a good hobby. On my own dime for that matter too

Q: Why should i care?
A: I dont know, just because i guess

Q: Are you an idiot
A: below

<?php

if (sarcasm)
exec(bite-me.php)

?>

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: