Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:52:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb questions about Coinbase....  (Read 867 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:07:43 AM

1. If I sell my BTCs on Coinbase how long will it take for the money to get back into my bank acct? Will I get the value of $/BTC at the exact time that I sell? Or can I expect any delays or transactions not going through. I'm not planning on selling but I want to be prepared. I hear a lot of complaints about the transaction delays and cancelations in the BTC exchanges which worries me.

2. Does Coinbase allow you to set automatic Buy/Sell orders for when BTC hits a certain price? If not, where can I do this?

Please respond and you will have my blessing. Thanks

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
norman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:22:35 PM

1. If I sell my BTCs on Coinbase how long will it take for the money to get back into my bank acct? Will I get the value of $/BTC at the exact time that I sell? Or can I expect any delays or transactions not going through. I'm not planning on selling but I want to be prepared. I hear a lot of complaints about the transaction delays and cancelations in the BTC exchanges which worries me.

2. Does Coinbase allow you to set automatic Buy/Sell orders for when BTC hits a certain price? If not, where can I do this?

Please respond and you will have my blessing. Thanks

You will lock in the sell price and get that exact amount.  The last time I sold on coinbase. (20 BTC back when it was in the 140 range - so sad) I had the cash in around 3 days, I think.

It's not a trading platform, so you can't do complex orders.  There is, however, an API.  I haven't used it, but my understanding is that you could script buying and selling if you really wanted to wait for a specific price to buy/sell. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: