Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:37:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Miners for newbies  (Read 1905 times)
arkintunde

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:54:23 PM

Personally I would think that bitcoin is almost done with . I think half the coins are already mined and that would probably be down to almost none by the end of the year with all these high power miners hitting the market . these companies are just playing it out to the end . They are mining like crazy and know it almost over so they are selling all the miners they can before it is too late so their profits can be maximized .
 I am still thinking of a 400GH/s miner and use it for bitcoin to pay it off then for others to make money and hope their values go up as bitcoin crashes in the dirt when there are none left to mine . Bitcoin can not ever be a main currency because it is far too hard to purchase one and most people would never go through the BS it takes to do it .

1. Bitcoin won't crash in the dirt when there are no more left to mine nor when it becomes too difficult to reasonably mine for the block reward.
2. Bitcoin won't be fully mined by next year nor the year after that...the last estimate I read about was 2032, but then again, it was designed to be fully mined by 2140 wasn't it?

It's a huge risk to get into Bitcoin mining if all you are doing it for is the money.
Dekker

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:19:44 AM

75% just out of interest 25% maybe I could earn some of the money back Wink
pompiedom

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:43:56 AM

And even when the block reward has reached 0 you still earn the transaction fees included in the blocks right? If the BTC usage grows the reward might still be interesting.
arkintunde

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:47:32 AM

And even when the block reward has reached 0 you still earn the transaction fees included in the blocks right? If the BTC usage grows the reward might still be interesting.

Exactly. There will always be an incentive for miners.
driver

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:36:03 PM

I don't think newbies should consider mining bitcoin.  The competition is too hard.  Maybe mine an altcoin and convert to bitcoin?  That is what I am doing now.
I tried to buy some Linden on second life and then trade that off for bitcoin on Virwox . What a pain in  arse that was . Second life is some kind of video game world  . you had to open an account there and one with this exchange  and link them . Then go into the game world to a atm machine and get a code . buy their currency and then send it to virwox and exchange it for what ever you want . Never did figure out how to find that ATM machine .

I even didnt try buy the Lindens after I read their warnings all Lindens should be used in game only and could be confiscated.. (or something like this)
After many hours of BS I finally tried an experiment and went to virwox . Funded with paypal . Only 80.00 allowed . Cost 3 bucks to do it . bought linden . 76.00 . Sold linden for BTC got 0.077 BTC . transfered to scam house , I mean coinbase. Am now waiting for the price to up over 900 and will sell the .077 and see how much I profit . Am hoping for 1 or 2 dollars .
 Meanwhile I am waiting for it to also drop to around 700.00 for btc and then I am going to buy 1 and wait for it to go up some and sell . But unfortunately coinbase has a crappy business model and even worse customer service so it will take about 3 days to get my coin so I can sell it . ID verification for instant buy does not work and customer service will not do anything  or even respond to your request more than once and that is jsut to put you off with BS . I would never trust these people with a lot of money for more than a few minutes if possible .
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: