Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 6107 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 12:18:15 AM

I'll put 100BTC in any escrow that we can both agree upon and when I PROVE it!

It's mine or if I can't It's yours.

You're right and the idiot didn't even realize that "Trailer Trash" refers to class not race!

Truthfully I do not understand why all the hate for IXC, how is it a threat to BTC, serious question?

Trailer trash indeed refers to class, however, you have now twice implied that I am from Georgia and previously stated that you emigrated to the US. I can only assume that this is some ignorant racist construct of a simple mind.

Have some class, sir.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 12:29:51 AM

basically ixcoin can be summarized as one of two things or perhaps both.

a big joke designed to coral in the sheep (miners/silly exchange setup to trade it) of this community and to upset others.

or it was released in an attempt to make a fast buck.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:29:21 AM

This is what I call start with both wrong feet... one of the major flaws in BTC was deflation generated by massive speculation and pretty few to none real economy around it.
IXC comes around and the first thing to open is... a "speculator playground", normally called as "exchange".

Let's see how this unfolds...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:37:24 AM

a big joke designed to coral in the sheep (miners/silly exchange setup to trade it) of this community and to upset others.

For it being a joke, I have made almost 100BTC from selling IXC on the exchange at bitparking.

People are upset that the creator kept 400K coins to promote IXC or whatever. 400K isn't that big a deal. I knocked out almost 125K IXC with 28 GH/s in three days.

I can absolutely guarantee you since this worked, there will be another "Digital Currency" shortly.

The question of a person making some money in this scheme is not really in question. You are an example of a person who did.
Enough people were suckered into it by the desire of being an early adopter to a new copycat type of bitcoin. That is clear.
As for the 400K.. I really do not think that is a huge deal either. A person who releases a fork has to test it out.. and at first
mining is not difficult and coins build up fast.

But have you ever heard of the greater fool theory? Now I am not calling you the fool. You mined and got out instantly. But basically
showing a total lack of faith in the scheme you seem to be promoting is not going to win many over except the fools. Immediately selling
for BTC tells me what your goal was and shows where your faith lies when it comes to digital currencies.

So just like namecoin... where people were interested because they could make BTC quicker then normal mining.. so goes ixcoin.
As soon as the math no longer makes sense.. you will move onto something else leaving the fools with a bunch of 0s and 1s.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:43:34 AM

@fcmatt

I openly admit I have zero faith in Bitcoin, Namecoin or Ixcoin.

Honestly I careless about the "long term" uses of it.

I am in this 100% for the pure profit and nothing else. I have never and will never buy a single thing with any digital currency.

I was just fortunate enough to have at my disposal 10 gigs of GPU power to use at no cost in electricity or hardware in mid 2010. For what ever reason my wife's company ordered 50 machines from a local computer shop all with HD 5770's. No reason at all, I just guess they wanted to spend the money.

Long story short, I was the part time admin and had total control of the machines from 6PM-7AM M-F and 24/day on the weekends. Needless to say I racked up a serious amount of coins and sold about half of them during the height in June. I was able to purchasse and build a 40GH/s farm of my own and hit Ixcoin at a difficulty of 16 full force.

I'm not a fool, I am a profiteer without shame!

Peace.

Saweeeet!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:44:54 AM

Well, I don't blame you. Ixcoins are for you! Cool

But I am curious to know if Thomas can build a currency with people that only want to profit from speculation. We'll see...
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 06:14:05 AM

Well, I don't blame you. Ixcoins are for you! Cool

But I am curious to know if Thomas can build a currency with people that only want to profit from speculation. We'll see...

I'm not sure that BEX can see your post from behind all the stacks of Ixcoins.

Mousepotato
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 06:50:31 AM

I'm not sure that BEX can see your post from behind all the stacks of Ixcoins Bitcoins USD.

FTFY
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 06:43:05 PM

For it being a joke, I have made almost 100BTC from selling IXC on the exchange at bitparking.

People are upset that the creator kept 400K coins to promote IXC or whatever. 400K isn't that big a deal. I knocked out almost 125K IXC with 28 GH/s in three days.

I can absolutely guarantee you since this worked, there will be another "Digital Currency" shortly.

Yep, we will have 21 different flavors of the cryptocurrency idea - vanilla, chocolate, cherry? Pick your flavor today.

Yeah really I don't see why everyone is throwing such a hissy fit. I thought this community believed in the whole "let the free market do its thing" idea, no? Let it be. The superior system will come out on top. Bitcoin has the first mover advantage, and at this point without unique and better features I don't see ixcoin subplanting bitcoin any time soon. The most likely scenarios are:

1) it will die a slow death
2) it will die a quick death - blaze of crypto glory if you will
3) it will find a niche as the "sidekick" to bitcoin and some value or use will be assigned to it by the market

Personally I'm disappointed that the creator of ixcoin released it without bothering to make one slight improvement over bitcoin. I really expected at least an encrypted wallet by default, or a better UI design than the ugly-ass 1960's design the stock bitcoin client currently has. Also copying the entire bitcoin website verbatim and just swapping "bitcoin" for "ixcoin" is pretty lame.

I can come up with many other complaints, but I don't think it will make one damn difference as the system is already out there as it is. Some of the core properties cannot be changed without a major upheaval from the existing userbase.

But like I said, the thing is already out in the wild so let's wait and see how it fares.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 06:48:57 PM

@fcmatt

I openly admit I have zero faith in Bitcoin, Namecoin or Ixcoin.

Honestly I careless about the "long term" uses of it.

I am in this 100% for the pure profit and nothing else. I have never and will never buy a single thing with any digital currency.

I was just fortunate enough to have at my disposal 10 gigs of GPU power to use at no cost in electricity or hardware in mid 2010. For what ever reason my wife's company ordered 50 machines from a local computer shop all with HD 5770's. No reason at all, I just guess they wanted to spend the money.

Long story short, I was the part time admin and had total control of the machines from 6PM-7AM M-F and 24/day on the weekends. Needless to say I racked up a serious amount of coins and sold about half of them during the height in June. I was able to purchasse and build a 40GH/s farm of my own and hit Ixcoin at a difficulty of 16 full force.

Peace.

Heh, then I guess your forum nickname is pretty fitting eh Wink I admire your honesty. You get extra + from me for that. Many here will not admit that to themselves let alone to the rest of the world.

Honestly I kind of wish ixcoin started with a ridiculously high difficulty and work in reverse to squash such profiteers. It would've been an interesting experiment, and I hope someone releases another fork with a so called "egalitarian" mechanism built in.

Congrats on becoming an ixcoin equivalent of the federal reserve. Now can you please start offering loans in ixcoins Wink? C'mon generate some economic activity with that huge stash! Smiley

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 06:50:12 PM

I'm not sure that BEX can see your post from behind all the stacks of Ixcoins Bitcoins USD.

FTFY

Actually is cutting down, I have been selling them at pretty good rate. The range runs from 0.0008 to 0.003 BTC per IXC.

What I think will happen is that it will slow down and mimic namecoin.

Quickly, sell them ALL before their value goes down the gutter!!!!

Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 07:25:14 PM

Who is buying Ixcoins and why?
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 07:35:50 PM

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 07:55:37 PM

Speculators. They think/hope that ixcoin will skyrocket in value like bitcoin did and they do not wish to be left out of the price bubble party. That's all there is to it - at least for the time being.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 07:57:23 PM

Speculators. They think/hope that ixcoin will skyrocket in value like bitcoin did and they do not wish to be left out of the price bubble party. That's all there is to it - at least for the time being.

Correct!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 02:18:51 AM

The new IXCoin Exchange run by DoubleC at Bitparking has over 385,000 in volume and over 300 BTC traded today.

The also have a pool with 32GH/s.

Looks like IXC is here to stay.

I guess Ixcoin wasn't really here to stay eh BCX?

Wink
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 02:25:14 AM

The new IXCoin Exchange run by DoubleC at Bitparking has over 385,000 in volume and over 300 BTC traded today.

I guess Ixcoin wasn't really here to stay eh BCX?

Wink

Yes totally in the dumper only ~300gh/s mining it now.

http://allchains.info/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 04:21:01 AM

It can be merged-mined, so serves as one more chain to include in any extended trial of merged mining.

How many chains can be merged-mined at once? We don't know yet, so we also don't really know yet how much it really costs per chain to add more chains to one's merged-mining. Can one mine enough that every stock on a stock-exchange could have a chain of its own? Enough to do that for all stock exchanges? So far all we know is merging a few chains seems to work fine...

...Which means that so far we haven't even really had any pressure for efficiency improvements in merged mining such as selecting which chains to merge at a given moment based on which have fee-paying transactions available, which could be a useful improvement if/when the number of chains one could choose from becomes far larger than the number one can effectively merge at one moment...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 05:58:46 AM

When you say you made a killing with it, do you merely mean that you dumped it and thus are now actually not very rich in number of Ixcoins you control?

Or do you mean that you leveraged your position to such an extent that you now own huge amounts of Ixcoin in addition to various assets you aquired in the course of becoming one of the largest holders of Ixcoin?

There is a character I see from time to time in the Galactic Milieu named Ix, who seems to maybe even be thinking of trying to develop some kind of Ixian culture or nation or species or something but so far has basically mostly just caused other players to think of Ixcoin as a kind of personal IOU or something of this particular character, useful possibly in trading with that character but of questionable use otherwise.

Maybe you and Ix could get together and build up Ixcoin more than just that one character's personal trading, limited by how much loot that one character (albeit quite strong, being an Quetzacoatl) carry to and from his/her/its trading-posts?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 09:03:56 AM

Where is the URL?!

http://ixchange.bitparking.com/ ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: